Singapore Expats Forum

DP Approved (IPA) and Questions about ICA

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
antonio_eggb

DP Approved (IPA) and Questions about ICA

Postby antonio_eggb » Mon, 02 May 2011 8:56 am

Hi

My spouse received IPA for her DP today. Couple of questions:

1. Does my spouse still need to buy a return ticket as per SVP requirement? even though my spouse have a printed copy of the IPA? I couldn't find anything that clearly states i.e. "no return ticket required for IPA holders".

2. Last year my spouse was denied entry for lack of funds. (its our guess but nothing was mentioned by ICA). No I didn't have any EP nor I was in Singapore during that time. What are the chances of her denied entry this time with IPA?

3. I am now work here in Singapore. Is there anything I can do i.e. appeal to ICA or something to ensuremy spouses entry? basically it will save us money/time and hassle.

4. Any other do's and don'ts i.e. come after the election is over, etc etc.

Thanks for your help.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: DP Approved (IPA) and Questions about ICA

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 02 May 2011 10:22 am

antonio_eggb wrote:Hi

My spouse received IPA for her DP today. Couple of questions:

1. Does my spouse still need to buy a return ticket as per SVP requirement? even though my spouse have a printed copy of the IPA? I couldn't find anything that clearly states i.e. "no return ticket required for IPA holders".

No Need for Return Ticket.

2. Last year my spouse was denied entry for lack of funds. (its our guess but nothing was mentioned by ICA). No I didn't have any EP nor I was in Singapore during that time. What are the chances of her denied entry this time with IPA?

Should be ok this time as last time she was on a SVP?

3. I am now work here in Singapore. Is there anything I can do i.e. appeal to ICA or something to ensuremy spouses entry? basically it will save us money/time and hassle.

With a IPA your spouse would be able to enter Singapore normally. DP is given based on the fact that you are earning. So it is not similar to the scenario when she was entering on a SVP where she needs to have funds to stay in Singapore.

4. Any other do's and don'ts i.e. come after the election is over, etc etc.

Not related

Thanks for your help.

antonio_eggb

Postby antonio_eggb » Mon, 02 May 2011 11:22 am

Thanks singaporeflyer.

Yes last time it was SVP. However as mentioned earlier reason for denied entry was not given. I got the impression (reading forum, MOM, ICA websites) that IPA doesn't mean guaranteed entry but probably as this is DP its a different case.

We can only try and find out! So wish us luck! Feel free to other thoughts guys.

many thanks!