Singapore Expats

Why dating sites for SG don't work for Indians? :)

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
Joeyfishcat
Regular
Regular

Post by Joeyfishcat » Tue, 17 May 2011 7:40 pm

I'm female and the most common thing I find when I meet other ladies (especially Caucasian) who have posted events or offers to meet with new people on the forum, is they have been bombarded with messages and invitations from Indian men. Most of these are quite smarmy and forward. Rather intimidating for female newcomers to SG...
In order to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs :D

madaboutplastic
Regular
Regular

Post by madaboutplastic » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 10:43 pm

indians are fantastic to hang out with as friends. only when u get to know them on a personal level and they look beyond u as a vagina.

however, the typical mindset of indian boy would have been the likes of what ive met on a social gathering last week.

Me "Hi, my name is T. I work in the financial sector. What do you do?"

Indian guy "Hi, I work as AN EXPAT"

Me "..."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:20 pm

:lol: but you forgot the next phrase....

"and I have masters!" as if that is supposed to be the magic phrase that knocks down all resistance. :P
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

madaboutplastic
Regular
Regular

Post by madaboutplastic » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:29 pm

LOL

how the hell to "like" the above. LOL

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:31 pm

Use the like button at the bottom of the last post on the left hand side. :P

It's new.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote::lol: but you forgot the next phrase....

"and I have masters!" as if that is supposed to be the magic phrase that knocks down all resistance. :P
or a PhD even!
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

thedougfunnie

Post by thedougfunnie » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 5:03 am

Wow seems my country men are pure sleazes!

I'm an English born, American raised Indian and haven't really had much interaction with other indians other than my immediate family.

Seems like my fellow Indians have really made a name for themselves in Singapore...This will be something to look forward to when I move out there.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 6:58 am

You will probably find yourself at odds with them. Although, even if American raised, did your family stay in a circled wagon train community consisting of primarily Indians as is normal with most of the Indian diaspora? If your family did, then you will probably still be a modified version (tolerable) otherwise you will find yourself googled eyed at their sense of entitlement as well.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 9:07 am

Trust me, even Singaporean Indians and Malaysian Indians are leagues better than them. The self-entitlement and God-given complex somehow got suppressed, if not deleted, from their DNA.

And I think they themselves can't stand them.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 9:16 am

They don't. I can vouch for that first hand.

sweetgazebo
Regular
Regular

Post by sweetgazebo » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 10:20 am

Spot on, on that sleazy part. I was in a romper yesterday evening and walked into McD to get dinner. There were 2 Indian men at the counter before me however I stood a little away from them to their left. One of them looked at me from head to toe and then lowered his gaze back to my thighs again. I gave him a stern look and then asked him 'what's his problem?!' He said nothing and looked away.

thedougfunnie wrote:Wow seems my country men are pure sleazes!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 10:28 am

And some of them can be dead creepy.

Was in IMM few weeks ago at the rooftop water park. Caught few of them sitting in a group from short distance leering at children and pre-pubescent girls playing around, all wet.

Eww...
:o

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 11:21 am

sweetgazebo wrote:... There were 2 Indian men at the counter before me however I stood a little away from them to their left.
Actually, if you head into a bar, a bit late, see how all men take note of women .. especially when you are not drunk and the menfolk are in higher spirits ..

when i used to part time in bars, I used to suppress my laughter, when guys, totally drunk, stare at women like no tomorrow, and the 'feeling' transcends all colour and creed ..

Oh, for westerners, they tend to stare at the butt, and for Asians, generally the boobies ..

It was pretty funny even last week, when I was dropping by a friend's bar, when a Caucasian guy, tipsy, saw a local girl in front of him, in the queue, and if I had my phone handy his 'appraising' the girl was hilarious, to say the least .. his scanning started off from the bottom and all the way to the top, stopped at the bum, and then to the top and then down his stare went to the bum ..

The only difference is, some guys do it so obviously, when not drunk ..

And it so happens, that, people notice 'not so handsome guys' staring at 'em, and relish the attention when it is the 'handsome' guy .. :) or did I miss something ?

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 11:26 am

ecureilx wrote:And it so happens, that, people notice 'not so handsome guys' staring at 'em, and relish the attention when it is the 'handsome' guy .. :) or did I miss something ?
It is an unfair world out there...

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 11:32 am

ecureilx wrote:when i used to part time in bars, I used to suppress my laughter, when guys, totally drunk, stare at women like no tomorrow, and the 'feeling' transcends all colour and creed ..
Thing is, some people don't wait to be under the influence to leer and stare.

And some, if they will, at least are being subtle about it.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."