Singapore Expats

Question About Entrepass Changes

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
maxidog

Post by maxidog » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:31 am

@ksl, I don't really understand what you've written, but I can assure you I don't have confidence issues. Not when it comes to doing startups, anyway. I'm doing a great startup and I'll sell it for millions of dollars just like I did last time.

generalsu
Regular
Regular

Post by generalsu » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 7:27 am

maxidog wrote:@ksl, I don't really understand what you've written, but I can assure you I don't have confidence issues. Not when it comes to doing startups, anyway. I'm doing a great startup and I'll sell it for millions of dollars just like I did last time.
Really? What sort of startup are your starting these days in Singapore?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 8:38 am

He, like you, has obviously never set up a business here in Singapore, and, like you, has a definite attitude problem. But, unlike you, he hasn't sent me a childish PM, not once but twice, like you did just now. I hope you are successful, but I can't see that happening as the first time a client complains you will go off half-cocked and calling them an a$$h**e. You really need to attend an anger management class or you will never succeed. Good Luck. You're going to need it, I'm afraid...... :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

generalsu
Regular
Regular

Post by generalsu » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 9:14 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:He, like you, has obviously never set up a business here in Singapore, and, like you, has a definite attitude problem. But, unlike you, he hasn't sent me a childish PM, not once but twice, like you did just now. I hope you are successful, but I can't see that happening as the first time a client complains you will go off half-cocked and calling them an a$$h**e. You really need to attend an anger management class or you will never succeed. Good Luck. You're going to need it, I'm afraid...... :roll:
LMAO, looks like the problem is YOU, Mr. bully. Call me "half cocked"? Man, you are screwed up beyond repair. I wonder what kind of bitterness you have and why the hell you in Singapore? For sure, you are one VERY bitter person. I guess God didn't give you what you demanded and now you come to this forum blasting your frustrations, LOL! What a loser.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 9:58 am

generalsu wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:He, like you, has obviously never set up a business here in Singapore, and, like you, has a definite attitude problem. But, unlike you, he hasn't sent me a childish PM, not once but twice, like you did just now. I hope you are successful, but I can't see that happening as the first time a client complains you will go off half-cocked and calling them an a$$h**e. You really need to attend an anger management class or you will never succeed. Good Luck. You're going to need it, I'm afraid...... :roll:
LMAO, looks like the problem is YOU, Mr. bully. Call me "half cocked"? Man, you are screwed up beyond repair. I wonder what kind of bitterness you have and why the hell you in Singapore? For sure, you are one VERY bitter person. I guess God didn't give you what you demanded and now you come to this forum blasting your frustrations, LOL! What a loser.
Once again, you have stuck your foot in it. Spouting off without knowing what you are talking about.......

http://tinyurl.com/3s8rpws

Seriously, dude, you have a problem. You really need to either learn English or learn how to use Google as you seem to be having problems with both and now, in your muddled haze are threatening me as well......
To: sundaymorningstaple
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:21 am
Subject: Where do you live?
Let's meet up.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MrMark

Appropriate approach to incorporate + next steps

Post by MrMark » Thu, 24 Nov 2011 5:21 pm

Folks,

Would value you your opinion on the following.

I wish to incorporate a business in Singapore. The business would be a startup venture with Yr focus on R&D ( so no revenue), revenue starting to come in in year 2, but still running @ a loss, yr 3+ being the profit making years.

I have looked at the various comments provided here (+ information on the various government websites), but would value input as the pieces I have read each seem to cover a piece of my situation vs the whole.

I have read about the Entrepass. I don't have issues with the 300K spend in yr 1, as the spend would exceed this. Nor do I have an issues with the capitalisation requirements (>50K).

I do have potential question marks whether the talent I need I can actually find solely from Singapore Citizens/PRs which seems to be the employment requirement for the Entrepass.

I currently reside in Singapore on a PEP and until recently was in an executive role here in Singapore with a prominent MNC.

What would be the advice for next steps:
1) Incorporate then request EP (exiting my PEP, as it seems that that is requirement)
2) Incorporate then request EntrePass
3) Incorporate outside of Singapore, setup singapore as a branch office with the foreign business owning 100% of the shares in the local subsidiary and join under my PEP.

Thank you in advance

andrewlumley

Post by andrewlumley » Thu, 22 Nov 2012 5:55 pm

Hey,

I just wondered.If I have an investor in my business who is Singaporean does that still make me eligible for the entrepass?

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Question About Entrepass Changes

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Jul 2018 12:51 pm

You are aware that this thread is 6 years old......