Singapore Expats Forum

The Big Expat Quiz - June 1st 2011

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
whiterr
Regular
Regular

The Big Expat Quiz - June 1st 2011

Postby whiterr » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 9:36 am

We're running a quiz at the start of June with $5 per person entry and winning team takes the spoils! There are also raffle prizes throughout the evening so will be great fun, details below: -

Where: Dallas Bar, 3rd Level, Boat Quay
When: Wednesday June 1st from 8 p.m
Teams: Maximum of 5 people
Prize: Winning team takes the money!

For further enquiries or to reserve a table please contact Rob on 97127950 or at singaporerob@hotmail.co.uk.

Cheers!

whiterr
Regular
Regular

Postby whiterr » Tue, 10 May 2011 6:07 pm

Hi guys - we have 5 teams of 5 so far therefore 25 people. Enough room for 50 therefore halfway to the limit!

Let me know if able to come and see you then.

Cheers
Rob

Calmday
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Calmday » Wed, 11 May 2011 8:06 am

You lost me at "Boat Quay". I avoid that place like the pelage. Business owners are way way to aggressive down there. :???:

whiterr
Regular
Regular

Postby whiterr » Wed, 11 May 2011 9:05 am

If you're going to try and be funny at least get your spelling correct. It's "plague". Go and buy yourself a dictionary, study for a few months and then write a further post when you can construct a proper sentence!

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Wed, 11 May 2011 9:39 am

Maybe you could use that as a question in your quiz....

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Wed, 11 May 2011 9:59 am

pel·age (plj)
n.
1. The coat of a mammal, consisting of hair, fur, wool, or other soft covering, as distinct from bare skin.
2. Something felt to resemble the coat of a mammal: "The hardwoods were a soft pale green in the dark pelage of the conifers" (Peter Matthiessen).

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pelage
:roll:

Calmday
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Calmday » Wed, 11 May 2011 3:29 pm

whiterr wrote:If you're going to try and be funny at least get your spelling correct. It's "plague". Go and buy yourself a dictionary, study for a few months and then write a further post when you can construct a proper sentence!
I wasn’t trying to be funny Richard. Boat Quay is a horrible place. If you’re getting wound up over a misspelled word I feel sorry for you.
Oh well I makes me happy to piss off people like you. :)

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vbelle » Thu, 12 May 2011 12:57 pm

think only those restaurants waitresses that are being aggressive...not for bars at the other end of the street

whiterr
Regular
Regular

Postby whiterr » Tue, 31 May 2011 10:48 am

We have 45 people for the quiz so prize money of over $200 to the winning team! We have room for 50 so if you do wish to come please check with me beforehand.

Cheers
Rob

lisalisadc

Trivia quiz

Postby lisalisadc » Mon, 06 Jun 2011 11:21 pm

Hi - I attended the recent Trivia Night in Boat Quay. It was hard to hear at times but otherwise a decent venue. However, the next day, I received a phone call from an investment firm looking for clients. The individuals from the investment firm organized Trivia Night. However, they did not disclose their affiliation until the next day.

Please if you are doing something to promote your business, please advertise clearly and directly before the event. Or at least, disclose your business ties before grabbing everyone's business cards for the lucky draw.