Singapore Expats

S pass pending :((

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ngochien2903

S pass pending :((

Post by ngochien2903 » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 1:49 pm

Dear all, I'm in stress too much due for wait S pass approval for 2 weeks. My job is in shipping field where company need person in charge can communicate with their factory in Vietnam ( off course I come from Vietnam, have bachelor degree in business administration and work for 4.5 years) According to MOM and many website I read, position which I applied successfully in Singapore is suitable with my experiences. Moreover,company also have S pass quota. They did apply online for me on 14 Apr (salary >1800sgd ) but the status is still pending. Somebody can advise me how long I need to wait due MOM said only 7 days ? how much % I will be successfull based on your valuable experiences ? as usual how many days after application we receive notice in case rejection?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: S pass pending :((

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 1:57 pm

ngochien2903 wrote:Dear all, I'm in stress too much due for wait S pass approval for 2 weeks. My job is in shipping field where company need person in charge can communicate with their factory in Vietnam ( off course I come from Vietnam, have bachelor degree in business administration and work for 4.5 years) According to MOM and many website I read, position which I applied successfully in Singapore is suitable with my experiences. Moreover,company also have S pass quota. They did apply online for me on 14 Apr (salary >1800sgd ) but the status is still pending. Somebody can advise me how long I need to wait due MOM said only 7 days ? how much % I will be successfull based on your valuable experiences ? as usual how many days after application we receive notice in case rejection?
To be honest no one here can say anything on the % of approval as it is based on a case to case basis based on your qualifications/credentials and also your employers credentials and also the need for your employer to hire you. Wait patiently for another week. Good Luck !

B&W

Re: S pass pending Sad(

Post by B&W » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:10 am

My case also the same....I got a job offer and new employer submitted my spass application for me on 12-Apr. But so far, still pending...My job is in Logistics Field with salary $2K+. Right now, I'm also working in Singapore in the same field mentioned above....Hope to hear from MOM soon...Good Luck for you too....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:27 am

In both cases, probably a combination of several things. My first though would be a case of still waiting for confirmation from their vetting teams on the validation of your educational credentials. This could conceivably take several weeks to several months. :o Depending on whether they suspect forgeries. The other possibility is that they are being delayed due to the elections, but this I doubt as the civil service should continue unabated throughout as it's supposed to be non-partisan :P

As far as on the employer's side, if it were a quota thing, it would have appeared immediately. Same if there were some black mark against the employer. So it's pretty safe to say that the problem lies with the potential employee or their credentials. The only thing you can do is wait it out or run (if you already know there is something wrong with your docs). If you knowingly have bad docs, the MOM is not too friendly when they catch you....

Just hang in there is the best advice I can give.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

B&W

Post by B&W » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:14 pm

Hi SMS, thanks for your reply, I 've been working with Spass over two years under the same employer in Singapore...In my first Spass application, it took only one day then, they approved and last year, i renewed again and it was immediately approved....this time, I submitted the same docs also....but I don't know why it takes too long.......

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 1:36 pm

This has happened to 4 of my staff over the past 12-14 months. Upon renewal, they were rejected with the notice to the employer that the employee no longer meet the criteria. The only thing I could see, in our case, was that the employees were holding either distance learning degrees (from Yangon) or where holding degrees that were not technical degrees but they were working in technician roles.

They have really tightened up on the criteria in the past 18 months.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

B&W

Post by B&W » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 4:38 pm

Hi SMS, thanks...I just received reason for pending Spass from MOM,,,they said it is due to incomplete edu cert provided...I missed out to submit original degree cert in foreign language...thay said that's why application was invalid and asked to reapply again....Do you think I still have a chance to get approval?...... :roll:

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 4:49 pm

B&W wrote:Hi SMS, thanks...I just received reason for pending Spass from MOM,,,they said it is due to incomplete edu cert provided...I missed out to submit original degree cert in foreign language...thay said that's why application was invalid and asked to reapply again....Do you think I still have a chance to get approval?...... :roll:
How will SMS know the answer to this question?

B&W

Post by B&W » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 5:05 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
B&W wrote:Hi SMS, thanks...I just received reason for pending Spass from MOM,,,they said it is due to incomplete edu cert provided...I missed out to submit original degree cert in foreign language...thay said that's why application was invalid and asked to reapply again....Do you think I still have a chance to get approval?...... :roll:
hi SF, I know SMS can't know the result...I just ask the probability of getting approval...whether i get a slim chance if i re-submit the complete docs to MOM as you guys are much more experienced and have much more knowledge than me in this area...thanks for your reply..

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 9:06 pm

B&W wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
hi SF, I know SMS can't know the result...I just ask the probability of getting approval...whether i get a slim chance if i re-submit the complete docs to MOM as you guys are much more experienced and have much more knowledge than me in this area...thanks for your reply..
Hi B&W, to be fair no one here can predict the approval or rejection of an EP or S Pass as none of us know about your qualification, year of experience and also about your employer. Cool down and wait for few weeks. MOM would be the right authority to reply back..Good luck !

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Fri, 29 Apr 2011 9:45 pm

Hi B&W, how can you know a reason like that? On MOM's website notice that message? I call to HR once a week, but still pending until now. wait for too long.. good luck for all

ngochien2903

Post by ngochien2903 » Fri, 29 Apr 2011 9:47 pm

Hi SMS and SF, thanks for your information.

B&W

Post by B&W » Sat, 30 Apr 2011 9:42 am

ngochien2903 wrote:
Hi B&W, how can you know a reason like that? On MOM's website notice that message? I call to HR once a week, but still pending until now. wait for too long.. good luck for all
Hi Ngochien, my new employer's HR emailed to MOM asking the reason for pending...then, MOM replied to them....You may ask your employer to check with MOM...at least, you know the reason...:)..hope the best..good luck..