Singapore Expats Forum

EPEC and EP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sanky_001

EPEC and EP

Postby sanky_001 » Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:12 pm

Hi all,

Greetings.

I am a student doing my masters in Singapore. My studentpass expires in August and have an option to extend for another month (September).

I am intending to work and live in singapore long-term after my studies. I am currently living with my wife who is holding an employment pass. I know I am eligible for DP. But I dont want to apply now because I am already holding a student pass and waiting for it to expire.

As I am aiming to get an EP ( I understand it is very difficult due to alot of factors) after I complete my degree, I am confused as to what channel do it need to go throug to acquire EP. So the following are my questions:

1.Reckoning my student pass expires in September, at what point should I apply for DP? Or should I apply for EPEC instead?

2. If I am holding a DP, will an employer be able to apply for EP assuming I get a job ?

(Btw: I understand I need to get consent from MOM to work in DP, but I 'Dont Want' to do that as I want an EP 'Independantly' by myself so that my wife and I can back each other up incase either one of us loses job due to the current situation )

Looking forward for suggestions.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: EPEC and EP

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 5:56 am

sanky_001 wrote:Hi all,

Greetings.

I am a student doing my masters in Singapore. My studentpass expires in August and have an option to extend for another month (September).

I am intending to work and live in singapore long-term after my studies. I am currently living with my wife who is holding an employment pass. I know I am eligible for DP. But I dont want to apply now because I am already holding a student pass and waiting for it to expire.

As I am aiming to get an EP ( I understand it is very difficult due to alot of factors) after I complete my degree, I am confused as to what channel do it need to go throug to acquire EP. So the following are my questions:

You want us to wipe your Bum Clean ? ':shock:'

1.Reckoning my student pass expires in September, at what point should I apply for DP? Or should I apply for EPEC instead?

Have you ever bother to look at MOM website ?

2. If I am holding a DP, will an employer be able to apply for EP assuming I get a job ?

Have you ever bother to go and search this here using the search button at the top right corner under the profile link ?

(Btw: I understand I need to get consent from MOM to work in DP, but I 'Dont Want' to do that as I want an EP 'Independantly' by myself so that my wife and I can back each other up incase either one of us loses job due to the current situation )

You are smart man and this topic has been discussed at length. Moreover you have living here for sometime now. Help yourself with the wealth of information here and go from there. You are asking us which way is good and literally spoon feeding you, if that is the case, you are in the wrong place, my friend. You need a clairvoyant to help you.

Looking forward for suggestions.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sanky_001

EPEC and EP

Postby sanky_001 » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 12:20 pm

Dear MD,

Oops !! I should have done more research before I posted by questions, my bad :oops:

I appreciate your response and directions though.

I will go throug MOM website as well as other related posts and I will reply if I have any questions. I believe I should have a better picture by then.

Good day MD. cheers! :wave:

sanky_001

Postby sanky_001 » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 1:21 pm

Dear All ,

I did go through many related posts and MOM website. This following is what I have understood:

1. I can either work in DP (tied to my wife's EP) with a LOC from my new employer.

2. Or I can apply for EP (not tied to my wife's EP) while in DP assuming I get a job, and cancel DP after EP is confirmed.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

This is what I am indending to do after my student pass expires if my understanding is correct.

Thanks for your reply in advance :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 2:26 pm

See? Was that so hard? It's all here and on the MOM site. Just gotta look. :wink:

sanky_001

Postby sanky_001 » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 2:42 pm

Thanks SMS :)

By the way, 'Helpful Links for Expatriates in Singapore' link is very useful, I even forward it to my wife . Thanks a bunch SMS, you are great!

Good day :wave:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 3:57 pm

:cool: :P

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 4:12 pm

:tongue: :lol: