Singapore Expats Forum

PEP Queries

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Tue, 26 Apr 2011 3:23 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You forget one important factor. It doesn't matter if he files now or later. If he files now and leaves his company or even goes overseas, he needs to inform ICA/MOM of any changes to his application. Same with any government/mom/ica application. So apply now and then have the application pulled later when he goes overseas and his status changes. Doesn't really matter to me, but it might to him as those applications usually, when pulled, as we've seen before, tend to go to the back of the queue and start over again.

At the end of the day, it's his decision. :-|

I agree, but then I thought PEP approval or rejection should be swift? They approve EPs in a day atleast thats what always happened in my case. Maybe I have been damn lucky and there are cases of EPs taking weeks. But Isn't 3 weeks not enough for the PEP outcome?

EDIT: I just checked the website:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... x#oprocess

In case of online applications it takes 2 weeks to process and manual applications 4 weeks. Thats why I mentioned in my 1st reply that wouldn't be wasting any time in applying for the PEP. Who knows if he is lucky he get the IPA in a week and then collect the pass the next week. :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Apr 2011 6:04 pm

Been spending a lot of time in the IR's, have you? :lol:

PEP_APP

Postby PEP_APP » Tue, 26 Apr 2011 7:26 pm

Dear All,
Thanks for your feedback on the above queries. I have decided not to pursue the PEP at this moment owing to

1. Approval process/time (too short)
2. Application in current environment
3. Possibility of expiring the pass in six month's time. (none of the agent responded in last two week's positing)

I will relocate to Japan.

Then try for Singapore job where in the company can also apply for my EP (as it happened four years back).