Singapore Expats Forum

Surrendering of SPASS

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jeevan0807

Surrendering of SPASS

Postby jeevan0807 » Sun, 24 Apr 2011 12:58 am

Hi am in Singapore for past 5 months holding a SPASS with my employer. By last week i got a new job in Singapore and the employer assured me that they will issue me a SPASS and they also applied for my SPASS, which was under process now (Now am still holding my SPASS issue by my old employer). By end of next week am intended to surrender my IC to my old employer and resign the job. In case if i get a IN PRINCIPLE letter from my new employer within my resignation date, is it possible that I can go to my country(INDIA) for a short visit?
Or do i want to be here to cancel my old pass?
Can i go to my country and return to Singapore with my IN Principle letter.?
(without an IC)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 24 Apr 2011 10:25 am

Why don't you do it the normal way and just wait until you have everything in order and do it by the numbers instead of always screwing around with the system? All you have to do it give your S pass to the old employer and they will cancel it online on your last day of work (assuming that you work your full notice and aren't trying to jack around your old employer. If you are, you deserve to be hung out to dry. Don't make life more difficult or you might find yourself without an S pass entirely and without an IPA either. I know of one who used to be in our employ who tried that and is now back in his own country working there.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Sun, 24 Apr 2011 6:14 pm

resigning without getting a new Pass approved (IPA approved) is like taking a very big risk. It might back fire sometimes and might land you in trouble if your new Pass is rejected.