Singapore Expats

Multiple IPA Query

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
roger_federer

Multiple IPA Query

Post by roger_federer » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 5:10 pm

Hi all,
I got a job a couple of months ago and my employer filed for my EP. My EP got rejected after 2 weeks so the appeal was filed which took another five weeks. The appeal was successful and my employer has my IPA. Since i wasn't able to start working for him (through mutual consent), we decided not to convert it to the EP. He wasn't sure he wanted me to work for him and likewise. I just got a dream job of mine and they need to start the formalities for EP soon.

My question is, does the employer1 IPA need to be cancelled before employer2 can apply for an EP? (i presume it has to be though im not sure). If it does, does my employer have to do it? I can't get through to a service officer at the MOM on phone but am thinking of going down there tomorrow. Should i just tell my employer to cancel my IPA? this is the only useful thing i found on the website - http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/service ... lation.pdf

would appreciate any help. thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Multiple IPA Query

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 5:37 pm

roger_federer wrote:Hi all,
I got a job a couple of months ago and my employer filed for my EP. My EP got rejected after 2 weeks so the appeal was filed which took another five weeks. The appeal was successful and my employer has my IPA. Since i wasn't able to start working for him (through mutual consent), we decided not to convert it to the EP. He wasn't sure he wanted me to work for him and likewise. I just got a dream job of mine and they need to start the formalities for EP soon.

My question is, does the employer1 IPA need to be cancelled before employer2 can apply for an EP? (i presume it has to be though im not sure). If it does, does my employer have to do it? I can't get through to a service officer at the MOM on phone but am thinking of going down there tomorrow. Should i just tell my employer to cancel my IPA? this is the only useful thing i found on the website - http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/service ... lation.pdf

would appreciate any help. thanks
Your first employer has to cancel the IPA. In the normal case you cant do anything to cancel the IPA by yourself. Secondly, I dont want to demotivate you. But want to tell you that even though you got ur dream job there is no guarantee that your EP for the new job will be approved by MOM? Bear in mind that your EP was rejected already once and also MOM will also consider that you didnt stay enough on your first job before taking up the second. good luck

roger_federer

Re: Multiple IPA Query

Post by roger_federer » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 6:20 pm

[quote="singaporeflyer"][quote="roger_federer"]Hi all,

would appreciate any help. thanks[/quote]

Your first employer has to cancel the IPA. In the normal case you cant do anything to cancel the IPA by yourself. Secondly, I dont want to demotivate you. But want to tell you that even though you got ur dream job there is no guarantee that your EP for the new job will be approved by MOM? Bear in mind that your EP was rejected already once and also MOM will also consider that you didnt stay enough on your first job before taking up the second. good luck[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you said but in any case I do not want the EP from my employer1. The company can't afford me and I think the EP from employer2 will come through. Personally my qualificiations are fine. My EP1 got rejected because of the smallness of the company of Employer1 and lack of information provided. So, bottom line is:

My Employer2 cannot apply for an EP UNLESS my IPA is cancelled? My employer1 shouldn't have any trouble cancelling it. Worst case scenario will MOM cancel it for me?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 8:30 pm

Your first employer has to cancel the ipa. Mom will do it only if there is a dispute between u and ur employer and if the findings are right on ur side.in all other cases the employer has to do it.

Also note u can't cancel it .

If u feel it is straight forward why not ask ur first employer ? Just 5 mins to cancel online.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 8:33 pm

Emp 2 can't apply unless emp1 has cancelled or issued u a ep

Ep issuance is different from approved ipa

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 9:20 pm

Spot on.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers