Singapore Expats Forum

Expiring Social Visit Pass

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ice_coolet
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 18 Apr 2011

Expiring Social Visit Pass

Postby ice_coolet » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 4:07 pm

I have one concern...

I already received my In-Process Approval Letter from MOM...
I have to apply it to obtain my E-PASS card, am i right??..
But I have expiring Social Visit Pass, which it will last until April 26...

Do I need to extend my social visit pass?
Or if a apply my IPA to MOM for my E-PASS card, MOM will automatically
adjust for my SVP?

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 4:25 pm

You will not complete the process by the 26th, see the process for employment pass collection below

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... collection

You need to get yourself down to the ICA with your AIP letter and they will probably give you another 30 day stamp so you can complete your EP collection.

ice_coolet
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 18 Apr 2011

Postby ice_coolet » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 4:32 pm

Saint wrote:You will not complete the process by the 26th, see the process for employment pass collection below

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... collection

You need to get yourself down to the ICA with your AIP letter and they will probably give you another 30 day stamp so you can complete your EP collection.


I already did that but ICA didn't allow me to extend my SVP...

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 4:38 pm

Looking back at the other thread you started you forgot to mention you've already extended your SVP once so the ICA wouldn't extend again. You will have leave Singapore, not entirely sure if you will have to remain outside Singapore for at least 5 days before coming back as you have an AIP letter.

BryanSin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue, 19 Apr 2011

Postby BryanSin » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 5:32 pm

i think once ur EP approved, your company can issued u a letter which allows u to stay another 30 days in singapore for you to process your EP?

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 5:47 pm

BryanSin wrote:i think once ur EP approved, your company can issued u a letter which allows u to stay another 30 days in singapore for you to process your EP?


Only the ICA can grant you permission to stay in Singapore, a company definitelt can't

jackdi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri, 24 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Expiring Social Visit Pass

Postby jackdi » Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:13 pm

ice_coolet wrote:I have one concern...

I already received my In-Process Approval Letter from MOM...
I have to apply it to obtain my E-PASS card, am i right??..
But I have expiring Social Visit Pass, which it will last until April 26...

Do I need to extend my social visit pass?
Or if a apply my IPA to MOM for my E-PASS card, MOM will automatically
adjust for my SVP?


If this is not too late for me to say....


You can just go to MOM. Present your IPA and ask them to extend your stay. Usually, they stamp 2 week extension for you.

Good Luck!
a Jack of All Trade

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34789
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Expiring Social Visit Pass

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:03 pm

jackdi wrote:
ice_coolet wrote:I have one concern...

I already received my In-Process Approval Letter from MOM...
I have to apply it to obtain my E-PASS card, am i right??..
But I have expiring Social Visit Pass, which it will last until April 26...

Do I need to extend my social visit pass?
Or if a apply my IPA to MOM for my E-PASS card, MOM will automatically
adjust for my SVP?


If this is not too late for me to say....


You can just go to MOM. Present your IPA and ask them to extend your stay. Usually, they stamp 2 week extension for you.

Good Luck!


Well, Jack,

You really blew that one. It's obviously too late. You must be posting for post count only. Posting after business hours on the day his SVP expires and telling him to go to MOM? Are you foreign talent? Or local. :roll:

jackdi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri, 24 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Expiring Social Visit Pass

Postby jackdi » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 12:00 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, Jack,

You really blew that one. It's obviously too late. You must be posting for post count only. Posting after business hours on the day his SVP expires and telling him to go to MOM? Are you foreign talent? Or local. :roll:


Yup. Boom-boom received. :D
And nope, I wasn't after the post count.
If you like, please delete it.
Tks.

FT or local?
Does it matter?
:)
a Jack of All Trade


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests