Singapore Expats

SMRT Shop Space price info?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Post Reply
sodan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:03 pm

SMRT Shop Space price info?

Post by sodan » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:06 pm

Hello there,

I've been trying hard searching for the right forum to post my query. Hope this is right and I can get feedback.

Is anyone knows how and where can I find out any information(or pass transactions) on the price range to tender for shop space leasing offered by SMRT?

Please kindly help!!

Ta~

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8363
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:14 pm

Why don't you try calling them?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40448
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:33 pm

nakatago wrote:Why don't you try calling them?
Yer reckon? :cool: :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8363
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
nakatago wrote:Why don't you try calling them?
Yer reckon? :cool: :-k
I was able to find the info--space, availability, location, price--myself and I ain't sayin' how. :cool:
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40448
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 3:11 pm

3 whole clicks. Guy must be a good candidate for a distance learning MBA from Yangon University. :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sodan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:03 pm

Post by sodan » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 3:13 pm

don't think can obtain price information from them otherwise won't have this tender thingy right?

help.help.help.

nakatago wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
nakatago wrote:Why don't you try calling them?
Yer reckon? :cool: :-k
I was able to find the info--space, availability, location, price--myself and I ain't sayin' how. :cool:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 3:43 pm

sodan wrote:don't think can obtain price information from them otherwise won't have this tender thingy right?
Oh dear .. so how do people rent ?? You just sign on a blank paper and hope the number fits what you can afford ?? :-? :-?

sodan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:03 pm

Post by sodan » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 5:00 pm

Ooops, that exactly the strategy!! Coz i have no order way to find out the price range and I'm here to ask for H.E.L.P!



ecureilx wrote:
sodan wrote:don't think can obtain price information from them otherwise won't have this tender thingy right?
Oh dear .. so how do people rent ?? You just sign on a blank paper and hope the number fits what you can afford ?? :-? :-?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 5:10 pm

sodan wrote:Ooops, that exactly the strategy!! Coz i have no order way to find out the price range and I'm here to ask for H.E.L.P!
So, you will call Pizza Hut to ask for Macdonald's burger prices ? :D :D

Never mind ..

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11676
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 5:56 pm

sodan wrote:don't think can obtain price information from them otherwise won't have this tender thingy right?

help.help.help.

nakatago wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote: Yer reckon? :cool: :-k
I was able to find the info--space, availability, location, price--myself and I ain't sayin' how. :cool:
You need to ask other shop owners what they are paying at that location. And, you need to check alternate sites against what is being paid for SMRT spots.

Then, you need to determine your volume of product, mark up you can get away with, and whether or not you can support the rent. A lot of small shops close up very quickly when the owner realizes it takes a large number of $10 and $20 sales just to pay the rent.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 6:11 pm

Strong Eagle wrote: You need to ask other shop owners what they are paying at that location. And, you need to check alternate sites against what is being paid for SMRT spots. ....
Essentially, he / she needs a business plan before anything :D :D

sodan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:03 pm

Post by sodan » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 7:07 pm

I already have the business plan...
ecureilx wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote: You need to ask other shop owners what they are paying at that location. And, you need to check alternate sites against what is being paid for SMRT spots. ....
Essentially, he / she needs a business plan before anything :D :D

sodan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:03 pm

Post by sodan » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 7:11 pm

Strong Eagle,

The problem is almost closed to impossible to find out the shop space rental(now or pass transactions) leased by SMRT. I have no clue.

I also tried asking the current shop cashier about the rent. The young school boy just showed me a "don't care" face and said "dunno". I tried the other shop cashier and she said "don't know, is the boss to rent"!!

All I need is just a good location shop space just to start my business. Have almost everything ready.






Strong Eagle wrote:
sodan wrote:don't think can obtain price information from them otherwise won't have this tender thingy right?

help.help.help.

nakatago wrote: I was able to find the info--space, availability, location, price--myself and I ain't sayin' how. :cool:
You need to ask other shop owners what they are paying at that location. And, you need to check alternate sites against what is being paid for SMRT spots.

Then, you need to determine your volume of product, mark up you can get away with, and whether or not you can support the rent. A lot of small shops close up very quickly when the owner realizes it takes a large number of $10 and $20 sales just to pay the rent.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11676
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 7:37 pm

So maybe you need to contact the business owner. Look, you've already said you don't know what a reasonable bid is. I've already told you that there are two components... what you think you could afford, based upon your business plan, and what others are paying.

What's left? This isn't rocket science. Get the name of the owner and find out. What other choice is there, other than bidding an amount your biz plan says will work and seeing if you are successful?
sodan wrote:Strong Eagle,

The problem is almost closed to impossible to find out the shop space rental(now or pass transactions) leased by SMRT. I have no clue.

I also tried asking the current shop cashier about the rent. The young school boy just showed me a "don't care" face and said "dunno". I tried the other shop cashier and she said "don't know, is the boss to rent"!!

All I need is just a good location shop space just to start my business. Have almost everything ready.






Strong Eagle wrote:
sodan wrote:don't think can obtain price information from them otherwise won't have this tender thingy right?

help.help.help.

You need to ask other shop owners what they are paying at that location. And, you need to check alternate sites against what is being paid for SMRT spots.

Then, you need to determine your volume of product, mark up you can get away with, and whether or not you can support the rent. A lot of small shops close up very quickly when the owner realizes it takes a large number of $10 and $20 sales just to pay the rent.

sodan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 2:03 pm

Post by sodan » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 9:47 pm

Strong Eagle,

How can we find out the owner of the commercial shop?

Ta~
Strong Eagle wrote:So maybe you need to contact the business owner. Look, you've already said you don't know what a reasonable bid is. I've already told you that there are two components... what you think you could afford, based upon your business plan, and what others are paying.

What's left? This isn't rocket science. Get the name of the owner and find out. What other choice is there, other than bidding an amount your biz plan says will work and seeing if you are successful?
sodan wrote:Strong Eagle,

The problem is almost closed to impossible to find out the shop space rental(now or pass transactions) leased by SMRT. I have no clue.

I also tried asking the current shop cashier about the rent. The young school boy just showed me a "don't care" face and said "dunno". I tried the other shop cashier and she said "don't know, is the boss to rent"!!

All I need is just a good location shop space just to start my business. Have almost everything ready.






Strong Eagle wrote: You need to ask other shop owners what they are paying at that location. And, you need to check alternate sites against what is being paid for SMRT spots.

Then, you need to determine your volume of product, mark up you can get away with, and whether or not you can support the rent. A lot of small shops close up very quickly when the owner realizes it takes a large number of $10 and $20 sales just to pay the rent.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Business in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests