is it possible to change job after applying work permit

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
boon_fui
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:10 pm
Location: malaysia

is it possible to change job after applying work permit

Post by boon_fui » Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:20 pm

there is a question about changing job after my dad had already applied the work permit for the current company. But after he work for few weeks, he feel tis job is not very suitable for him. So he considers to change his job but his boss just helped him to apply the work permit. So is it possible to change a job but the work permit is just applied? Will my dad be blacklisted?? thanks ya

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39559
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:39 pm

So are you saying that your dad is working illegally in Singapore? He is not supposed to be working unless he has a work permit already issued before he starts work.

If he is and gets caught, he going to get free room & board for a while, courtesy of the Singapore Prison Service.

Please clarify his current working status.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

putnam
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:21 pm

Post by putnam » Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:08 pm

I guess most foreigners would not quit their jobs until they land a new job in Singapore. Unless your father is a PR, the chances are that your family will have to leave Singapore.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39559
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:25 pm

Putnam, you would be surprised. :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

boon_fui
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:10 pm
Location: malaysia

Post by boon_fui » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So are you saying that your dad is working illegally in Singapore? He is not supposed to be working unless he has a work permit already issued before he starts work.

If he is and gets caught, he going to get free room & board for a while, courtesy of the Singapore Prison Service.

Please clarify his current working status.
thanks for ur reply ya.....
my dad not working illegally. My dad has work permit already. But he haven get it from his boss due to his boss apply through agency. So is it ok for him to change job right since he just get the work permit?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39559
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:33 am

He better ensure that he has an AIP from the new employer before he resigns. Otherwise, he could find himself without a job at all if for some reason the new employer cannot obtain the WP because of quota problems or some other reason.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

boon_fui
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:10 pm
Location: malaysia

Post by boon_fui » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:45 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:He better ensure that he has an AIP from the new employer before he resigns. Otherwise, he could find himself without a job at all if for some reason the new employer cannot obtain the WP because of quota problems or some other reason.
Thanks for your reply ya....
May I know what is AIP??? So is ok for him to change job within a month???
Really thanks a lot ya......U help me a lot...... :D

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3506
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 6:31 am
Answers: 1
Location: TIMBUKTU

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 20 Apr 2011 4:28 am

boon_fui wrote: Thanks for your reply ya....
May I know what is AIP??? So is ok for him to change job within a month???
Really thanks a lot ya......U help me a lot...... :D
AIP means Approval in Principle
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests