Iveey

Post by Iveey » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 3:05 pm

Ya, Skinny is not bad, crispy base and fresh fillings on top
Fair Tells Tales

BigSis
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BigSis » Sun, 25 Sep 2011 1:21 am

People kept recommending California Pizza Kitchen to me but I didn't like their pizzas at all, the sauce was sweet and sickly.

Spizza are one of the nicest I've had here. Sarpinos used to be quite nice but they've gone downhill IMHO

Al Forno on East Coast Rd are OK too. I haven't tried the PizzaCapers place - I'll have to give them a go.

My husband has gone off pizza in Singapore, he says he find them too greasy because they use too much oil and cheese. Does anyone know of a good pizza that doesn't seem too greasy?

Jess828

Post by Jess828 » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 4:35 pm

hmm i've not tired the expensive pizzerias yet but I like Spizza and Dominos. I love Dominos's thin crust pizzas.

Bluemoon77

Pizza

Post by Bluemoon77 » Sun, 23 Oct 2011 4:56 pm

I can't wait to check out some the places mentioned in this thread! I love pizza!

thylove

Post by thylove » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 12:20 pm

Tried Skinny Pizza, and yes its pretty good. Now I am really fan of thin crust pizzas, haha the ones at Timbre are not bad either. =)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 12:45 pm

tic...toc...tic...toc...

11 posts in an hour. Just registered today. All one liner BS posts that don't help or say anything. Hope I am wrong, but this has a pong to it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

thylove

Post by thylove » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 2:08 pm

Hello sundaymorningstaple, sorry for the over sharing, I will try to share more helpful insights from now on.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:tic...toc...tic...toc...

11 posts in an hour. Just registered today. All one liner BS posts that don't help or say anything. Hope I am wrong, but this has a pong to it.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 2:14 pm

The issue is Thylove, there are a lot of people who come on the board, post some meaningless stuff in order to get over 5 posts to be able to PM people, or to be able to look more authentic when recommending a product or service (normally they are advertising) the mods here pick up on patterns when new people come on.

Think of it like when you go mental on your credit card and your bank phones you and says "Your spending pattern is very different, has your card been stolen?" Except this is "Your posting pattern is very suspicious, are you trying to advertise soon?"

:) Prove us wrong :)
nutnut

thylove

Post by thylove » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 2:26 pm

Haha, like the way you describe the whole situation. Noted :D

nutnut wrote:The issue is Thylove, there are a lot of people who come on the board, post some meaningless stuff in order to get over 5 posts to be able to PM people, or to be able to look more authentic when recommending a product or service (normally they are advertising) the mods here pick up on patterns when new people come on.

Think of it like when you go mental on your credit card and your bank phones you and says "Your spending pattern is very different, has your card been stolen?" Except this is "Your posting pattern is very suspicious, are you trying to advertise soon?"

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 4:39 pm

thylove wrote:Haha, like the way you describe the whole situation. Noted :D

nutnut wrote:The issue is Thylove, there are a lot of people who come on the board, post some meaningless stuff in order to get over 5 posts to be able to PM people, or to be able to look more authentic when recommending a product or service (normally they are advertising) the mods here pick up on patterns when new people come on.

:)
nutnut

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 5:35 pm

nutnut wrote:

Don't let it go to yer head, ya hear! ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 6:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
nutnut wrote:

Don't let it go to yer head, ya hear! ;-)
What was that Underling? hahaha
nutnut

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 7:12 pm

JR8 wrote:It reminds me of a standard thin-crust pizza. You been to Pizza Express in London? ... like that.

Thin but not zapped into a dry crisp-bread type affair.
I was a big fan of Pizza Express when I lived in London - especially the Dean Street outlet because it frequently had great live jazz too.

In Singapore, the closest I've come to the pizza quality of Pizza Express is O'Gambini's in Raffles City - next to Brozheit. The pizzas served there are thin crust and crackle - just like at Pizza Express. Not too expensive either - $18 to $24.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

andreas80

Post by andreas80 » Wed, 02 May 2012 8:53 pm

I have only been in Singapore for a month but have tried a couple;

Ricciotti at Boat Quay about night 2 in Singapore; this was a great pizza if you like Italian Style pizzas, minimal quality toppings and a thinish base with a nice chew. I really like this style so I rate it highly but the minimal topping and thinish crust is not to everyone's taste.

Crust pizza delivered; apart from the out of area excess delivery charge (Newton) and the ever so slightly sogginess that came from the driver keeping the bottle of diet coke in the bag with the pizza, the pizzas were great, plenty of topping and a nice wholesome crust. Great flavours and good produce = good pizza. Crust is an Aussie chain that I used to use in Sydney. Good pizza.

Had Spizza the other night and whilst nice I didn't rate, limited topping not evenl across the pizza. Plus given the crust being so thin it was stone cold after the 5 min walk home. Maybe better in store but not great for the home delivery. Rated medium.

Definitely keen to try the caper pizza place.

SunshineSheens

Post by SunshineSheens » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 4:44 am

I love Pizza Capers and Skinny Pizza :) Me and hubby prefers thin crust pizza. Not a fan of those thick ones.