Singapore Expats

BEST Pizza in Singapore!!

Share your favourite eating haunts!
triste
Regular
Regular

Post by triste » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 5:28 pm

zzm9980 wrote:So I tried Spizza and am well enough impressed. Not *quite* as good as Pizza Express, but very close. I can recommend it if you like PE, and I will go back.
Thank you. I'm a fan of Pizza Express in HK. I like Skinny Pizza for what it is- a cracker pizza- but I really would like to find a nice thin crust pizza that you can fold in half.

Northcote

Post by Northcote » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 7:37 pm

triste wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:So I tried Spizza and am well enough impressed. Not *quite* as good as Pizza Express, but very close. I can recommend it if you like PE, and I will go back.
Thank you. I'm a fan of Pizza Express in HK. I like Skinny Pizza for what it is- a cracker pizza- but I really would like to find a nice thin crust pizza that you can fold in half.
Highly recommend Extra Virgin Pizza in United Square (there is also one at Asia Square but I haven't been to that one - I'm sure it's the same though)

triste
Regular
Regular

Post by triste » Sat, 27 Jul 2013 6:18 am

sounds good. Thank you much!

steviestiles

Post by steviestiles » Fri, 20 Sep 2013 4:57 pm

I love pizzas, but i don't like the idea of paying extravagant prices for pizza. Dominoes and Sarpinos pizza are good enough for the lazy me

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Fri, 20 Sep 2013 5:33 pm

Bella Pizza is the best we have found. And the owner Antonio is a great guy. We have all our special occasions there. But is not cheap.

heliotropic365
Regular
Regular

Post by heliotropic365 » Fri, 01 Nov 2013 3:34 pm

hi all

i find that the longer i live in sg, the greater and more frequent my pizza cravings become! and to be specific, it's classic pepperoni pizza...

why is it so common for restaurants/delivery places in sg to make their pepperoni pizzas with the pepperoni below the cheese? to me, this almost totally ruins the pizza! does anyone here prefer the cheese on top? for me, the pepperoni should be on top and a little crispy..

have tried to special order with delivery places in woodlands (like dominos - sad, i know) but it's impossible, still comes out cheese on top... life is hard, haha.. any advice?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 23 Nov 2013 3:14 pm

How strange. If you look on say Youtube, all the vids seem to show the meat on top. Do you think it might have something to do with the pizza being delivered? i.e. They put the cheese on top and grill it, so that the cheese stabilises (holds in place) everything underneath during delivery? Do you have the same issue if you physically go to the branch and order it? There must be some reason why they won't simply switch the layering. Could it be that the pies are not made to order, but prepared offsite and simply heated at your local outlet?

I'll tell you what I miss, calzone :) I don't think I've had one in some years now, but freshly made, OMG, you might well not go back to 'flat pizza' again!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n25iFbpWO8Q
Video Recipe: Sausage & Pepper Calzone

What do they say about sewing a purse from a sows ear? Weekend project: Have a go at making your own calzone :)
[It has the advantage of being pretty indestructible in the oven, whereas flat pizza needs more attention to avoid the risk of drying/burning at the fringes... Also quite nice if you have friends over as calzone is different, quite dramatic and super-juicy, just serve with a side-salad... ]

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Sat, 23 Nov 2013 6:42 pm

You can get calzone at Bella Pizza - they call it boat pizza

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 23 Nov 2013 7:27 pm

Hmmm... I've no idea what 'boat pizza' is, and Google doesn't seem to help. But from your link they do seem to offer calzone...

p.s. thank heavens I've just eaten or I'd be getting peckish now :)

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Sun, 24 Nov 2013 7:45 am

It is not quite calzone because it is not fully closed. But it is 'close-ish'.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 24 Nov 2013 9:18 am

JR8 you made me hungry for a calzone. I just found a place called "Mont Calzone" near Chinatown. Not sure if it's any good:

http://www.montcalzone.com.sg/
http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/ ... zza_pasta/

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 24 Nov 2013 9:48 am

Oh wow! :)

I think I'll have to give that a go!

sophie5

Trattoria pizzeria

Post by sophie5 » Mon, 25 Nov 2013 9:59 pm

Famous pizzeria! Italian kitchen staff! Incredible menu backed up by incredible food! Beautiful location! Extremely popular! And the dessert! Do not skip! Love this place!

87 club street #01-01 sing069455

Go go go..........

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by PrimroseHill » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 8:52 am

Spizza does a pretty decent calzone.
Any good pizza place here? I haven't found one

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 9:52 am

PrimroseHill wrote:Spizza does a pretty decent calzone.
Any good pizza place here? I haven't found one
Spizza is the only one I've found I liked. It's very similar to Pizza Express (Pizza Marzano in some countries), which I like.

Skinny Pizza is good, but it's not pizza. It's more like pizza toppings and sauce on a big cracker.