Singapore Expats

BEST Pizza in Singapore!!

Share your favourite eating haunts!
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:10 am

Has anyone tried Extra Virgin Pizza in United Square? Kept passing by it but never had the motivation to try yet :P

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:23 am

Modestos used to be at Vivo on the ground floor and I had a few good pizzas there. Then they closed but to my surprise I saw on Sunday that they have opened again on the roof level. Very happy with that as I live quite close by :)

I still think the best pizzas in Singapore is at Da Paolo's Pizza bar. No other pizza comes close in my opinion.

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by PrimroseHill » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:05 am

Fortan wrote:Modestos used to be at Vivo on the ground floor and I had a few good pizzas there. Then they closed but to my surprise I saw on Sunday that they have opened again on the roof level. Very happy with that as I live quite close by :)

I still think the best pizzas in Singapore is at Da Paolo's Pizza bar. No other pizza comes close in my opinion.
There's a Modestos on the corner of Orchard and Tanglin, is that the same brand?
Hmmmm I will try out the one at Vivo and google the Da Paolo's

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:16 am

PrimroseHill wrote:
Fortan wrote:Modestos used to be at Vivo on the ground floor and I had a few good pizzas there. Then they closed but to my surprise I saw on Sunday that they have opened again on the roof level. Very happy with that as I live quite close by :)

There's a Modestos on the corner of Orchard and Tanglin, is that the same brand?
Hmmmm I will try out the one at Vivo and google the Da Paolo's
Yes, I believe that Modestos is the same chain.

Give Da Paolo as shot. It is WELL worth it. Don't forget to review in this thread afterwards :D

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:34 pm

zzm9980 wrote:JR8 you made me hungry for a calzone. I just found a place called "Mont Calzone" near Chinatown. Not sure if it's any good:

http://www.montcalzone.com.sg/
http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/ ... zza_pasta/
JR8 wrote:Oh wow! :)

I think I'll have to give that a go!
I was at Pekin Street for a Meetup for Pizza Making class (not that I need one :wink:, but it's just good to check if I missed some things out from Youtube)

And went to Mont Calzone.

Needless to say, I made a great one myself :P

But the Calzone Pesto Chicken that the owner, Alvin made for us was scrumptious. Thin crust, but chewy. The ingredient for the bread was just the regular bread flour, water, yeast, salt, sugar and olive oil.

The price range is also not that bad, $16 - $24 for a 12" I think...

Sorry to say, most times I go for Canadian Pizza if I have a craving for pizza cheese...although at the very end, the taste is quite horrible (you can't taste what's chicken and what's cheese and what's beef and so forth) but hey, pizza's pizza...

But if I have to choose a favorite place, Pepperoni Pizzeria, and best pizza that me and my friends love to eat is actually the Peking Duck pizza at Timbre...

I have to try these Spizza, Pizza Capers sometime...I haven't tried the California Pizza at Orchard Central. Deep dish was it?

Da Paolo's I will try too :)
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 1:29 pm

Akimbo wrote:I haven't tried the California Pizza at Orchard Central. Deep dish was it?
Are we talking about CPK - California Pizza Kitchen? I'd say skip it. It's not very good in California, let alone here lol.

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 1:44 pm

I think Pizza Capers have closed down. Pizza Capers were great for standard thin crust italian pizza but still Bella Pizza best for special occasion pizza.

stiwi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by stiwi » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:42 pm

I like selection and quality of pizza at Prego @Swissotel. The pizza is not cheap but if you are Amex Plat. they participate in FAR. The ambience is not good though, as the restaurant is simply too big for being authentic italian :)

From time to time I like Skinny pizza, but it is definitely no go for cheese lovers. What i like it for is the combination of ingredients being used. Ambience is poor, you feel like eating in food court overlooking your neighbours plate.

Pizza at Pete's place @Hyatt is hit and miss, selection is small but the ambience is second to none.

I lived in Mediterranean country for few years but I have yet to find a pizza that would come close to my favourite restaurants down there. Unfortunately here locals think good pizza is about putting plenty of cheese...

One of the best crust in my opinion makes pizzeria Mozza @MBS, however I am not a big fan of their pizza creations when it comes to topppings.

Kamaratka

Post by Kamaratka » Thu, 13 Feb 2014 4:31 pm

The best pizza so far that I tried in Singapore was:
Pizzeria L’Operetta
(12 Gopeng St. #01-78-81 Icon Village)
They are certified that they make a real Naples style pizza.
I usually go between 2:30 p.m.- 5:30 p.m. when they have promotion two for one. For SGD 30 I get two great authentic pizzas :)

triste
Regular
Regular

Post by triste » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 1:36 pm

the lynx wrote:Has anyone tried Extra Virgin Pizza in United Square? Kept passing by it but never had the motivation to try yet :P
You've probably tried it by now, but I like the white pizza at Extra Virgin. I think they have the best white pizza in Singapore.

For meat pizzas, I think DaPaolo Pizza bar and Mozza are the best, but they're both very expensive.

Most like a foldable NY pizza is Spizza so that's my fave bc I grew up on that type of crust. The three I already mentioned have a bit of a crunchier crust that is still nice but doesn't have the same comfort food appeal for me.

I don't think I'll ever eat at Skinny Pizza again now that I've found a few places I like. SP is so overpriced for what they're giving you.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 1:47 pm

triste wrote:
the lynx wrote:Has anyone tried Extra Virgin Pizza in United Square? Kept passing by it but never had the motivation to try yet :P
You've probably tried it by now, but I like the white pizza at Extra Virgin. I think they have the best white pizza in Singapore.

For meat pizzas, I think DaPaolo Pizza bar and Mozza are the best, but they're both very expensive.

Most like a foldable NY pizza is Spizza so that's my fave bc I grew up on that type of crust. The three I already mentioned have a bit of a crunchier crust that is still nice but doesn't have the same comfort food appeal for me.

I don't think I'll ever eat at Skinny Pizza again now that I've found a few places I like. SP is so overpriced for what they're giving you.
Interesting bit on Extra Virgin. I still have not tried it yet! And definitely white pizza, thanks.

You can try Peperoni (Binjai Park, Greenwood, Frankel and River Valley) for the cheaper version if you want something close with Da Paolo's quality.

I tried Cacio E Pepe at Hillview (Chu Lin Road) last week and the crust is the most delicious I've ever tried (in Singapore)! Price is similar to Da Paolo's but I don't think I will look elsewhere ever for pizza ever again. Highly recommended. It was fairly new in the neighbourhood but it already has loyal fans - I saw random people coming in, local and expat, to have takeaway pizzas instead.

And ugh, Skinny Pizza. You pay so much for thin crackers!

triste
Regular
Regular

Post by triste » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 1:53 pm

the lynx wrote: Interesting bit on Extra Virgin. I still have not tried it yet! And definitely white pizza, thanks.

You can try Peperoni (Binjai Park, Greenwood, Frankel and River Valley) for the cheaper version if you want something close with Da Paolo's quality.

I tried Cacio E Pepe at Hillview (Chu Lin Road) last week and the crust is the most delicious I've ever tried (in Singapore)! Price is similar to Da Paolo's but I don't think I will look elsewhere ever for pizza ever again. Highly recommended. It was fairly new in the neighbourhood but it already has loyal fans - I saw random people coming in, local and expat, to have takeaway pizzas instead.

And ugh, Skinny Pizza. You pay so much for thin crackers!
I have tried Peperoni's and did not care for their peperoni. :D

I will check out Cacio E Pepe. That's so close for me. Thanks!

shalin01

Re: BEST Pizza in Singapore!!

Post by shalin01 » Wed, 26 Nov 2014 5:04 pm

Best Pizza I've had in Singapore has got to be this amazing truffle woodfired pizza from Pizza Fabbrica on Bussorah street..Arab street regulars will know where it is.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Nov 2014 5:38 pm

shalin01 wrote:Best Pizza I've had in Singapore has got to be this amazing truffle woodfired pizza from Pizza Fabbrica on Bussorah street..Arab street regulars will know where it is.
You sure or not? Which day did you eat there, considering it's just opened 2 weeks ago on the 15th? Sure you aren't a shill for them? Seeing how you registered here, made one post in a thread that hasn't been touched since August. Dredging up old posts to flog your new restaurant is not the way to go. In fact, it could very well get you banned.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 27 Nov 2014 8:19 am

Anyway, guys and gals...do you know whether any of the 21" pizzerias would do a delivery on it? I checked Pepperoni Pizzeria, they don't do deliveries on XXL pizzas :(

Looking to add on for Friendsgiving party tonight
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.