BEST Pizza in Singapore!!

Share your favourite eating haunts!
Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: BEST Pizza in Singapore!!

Post by Addadude » Thu, 27 Nov 2014 11:08 am

A recent discovery of mine is Bistroquet at ARC in Alexandra Road. Their pizzas are pretty good and they have a small but good selection of craft beers to wash 'em down. https://www.facebook.com/Bistroquet#!/B ... b=overview#!/Bistroquet/info
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

ssylow

Post by ssylow » Mon, 25 May 2015 11:37 pm

I love peperoni pizzeria . Good ambience and serve good portobello

MayDay5
Regular
Regular

Post by MayDay5 » Wed, 05 Aug 2015 9:17 am

hahaha , I think I'll have to give that a go

The Durian Man

Post by The Durian Man » Sun, 13 Dec 2015 7:19 pm

Anyone been to La Braceria up Bukit Timah way??

Elington

Post by Elington » Fri, 28 Oct 2016 10:45 am

Pizzeria L'Operetta

12 Gopeng Street #01-78 to 81 Icon Village
Singapore
6222 9487

Found at Icon Village right outside Tanjong Pagar MRT.

I'm hungry as I post this. Daily promotions of 2 pizza for less than $38. They are real pizza unlike what you find at Pizzahut or Dominoes. I'd pay for this ANYDAY. Just don't expect the same quality for delivery.

Real great food should be enjoyed fresh, not delivered, period.

Amazing choices with poached egg, buffalo cheese, DO TRY the chilli oil. It compliments the pizza pretty well. I feel like I need to visit really soon.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Oct 2016 12:53 pm

Why does the above recommendation smell like a solicitation/advertisement? Has a certain pong to it......maybe just an overactive imagination after all the spam we've been receiving lately.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Elington

Post by Elington » Fri, 28 Oct 2016 4:55 pm

Well.. my recommendation if it sound like an advertisement spam. I have nothing to say.

Pizzeria L' Operetta is one of 3 operations of this http://www.operetta.sg/
who knows how many more business the actual owner has. Forget about my recommendation if you think it this way. It's just one of the places that serves 'VPN' pizza which doesn't matter to me but more of it just has the nice pizza in my opinion.

I've never been to the other 2 operations of operetta group. And only know of the promotion running at Tanjong Pagar. It's up even on Chinese New Year week and weekends, which no other places does. But it suits me anyway.

My idea of an suggestion/recommendation post doesn't involve having whomever reads to need to dig up more information before trying. Just give then the details, save it, okay I'm passing by said place next week, I'll have a look.

FIY Pizzeria L'Operetta, I really have no idea how they keep running. It always seems empty whenever I go. But it still serves the same delicious juicy and fast pizza. Once or twice you get a little slightly more charred. But overall the pizza is good.

I don't eat junk food much. I prefer paying for actual food.

boonsg

Re:

Post by boonsg » Mon, 10 Dec 2018 4:45 am

Fortan wrote: Modestos used to be at Vivo on the ground floor and I had a few good pizzas there. Then they closed but to my surprise I saw on Sunday that they have opened again on the roof level. Very happy with that as I live quite close by :)

I still think the best pizzas in Singapore is at Da Paolo's Pizza bar. No other pizza comes close in my opinion.
This must be the best thread in the forum!

I hear ya... I thought Modestos vivo had the best pizza in singapore. (comparing pizza hut, domino's, peperoni, spizza, pezzo, marche's, swensens, california pizza kitchen)

Unfortunately Modestos Vivo closed sometime in 2018. I wanted to eat there just a week ago, but was sad to see it gone.

However luckily there are two other branches of Modestos. But I haven't tried them yet.

Thanks for the note about Da Paolo's pizza, I will hunt for it, I wonder if it is still open now....since it is a few years since your post!!

I haven't tried sarpino, skinny pizza, pizza express yet too.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 13 Nov 2020 12:58 am

John’s pizzeria serves some of the most delicious pizza I’ve had. Although it’s on the pricier side relative to delivery pizza like dominos, the taste and freshness is unmatched. Make sure to give their Sicilian pizza a try!

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sun, 15 Nov 2020 3:48 pm

Honestly, I’ve not come across a lot of great pizza joints in Singapore. Back in the day, I was a fan of Rocky’s, but they went downhill in a big way (suspect they went cheap on the ingredients).

For a decent pizza on the cheap, the options here are extremely limited. Little Caesars hot and ready is ok (for the price) and Il Piccolo located in a Toa Payoh hawker center is still there. Those would be my two budget picks. To upgrade from there, Bella Pizza on Robertson Quay is one of the better pizzas I’ve had here in my 24 years.

The issue with most pizza here, whether its Modesto’s or Pepporoni, etc... the crust is just too thin for me, too dry and hard, almost like cardboard.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 16 Nov 2020 1:18 pm

malcontent wrote:
Sun, 15 Nov 2020 3:48 pm
Honestly, I’ve not come across a lot of great pizza joints in Singapore. Back in the day, I was a fan of Rocky’s, but they went downhill in a big way (suspect they went cheap on the ingredients).

For a decent pizza on the cheap, the options here are extremely limited. Little Caesars hot and ready is ok (for the price) and Il Piccolo located in a Toa Payoh hawker center is still there. Those would be my two budget picks. To upgrade from there, Bella Pizza on Robertson Quay is one of the better pizzas I’ve had here in my 24 years.

The issue with most pizza here, whether its Modesto’s or Pepporoni, etc... the crust is just too thin for me, too dry and hard, almost like cardboard.
Rocky's was started by Frank Vespa and Dan (?) - two former Navy Seals / Divers. Frank is an American Sicilian from Boston so a Pizza was a Pie and his pizzas were excellent. They sold out once the stupid landlords started doing the usual shite with the rent hikes and it was never the same - I think they sold in the late 90s. SMS knows them as well. Maybe you do too if you've been around that long? Their Sunset Way outlet was great but the one outlet that did the best was in the Peranakan Place area - the LL tried to TRIPLE the rent when he saw how well it was doing (it was packed every night). Frank just about killed him - they had to pull Frank off the stupid Chinaman quick smart.

I like Pizzaola out in Jalan Riang (they have a few outlets).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Mon, 16 Nov 2020 6:56 pm

Interesting about Rocky’s, it was obvious from the menu that there was an American connection, but I didn’t know the back story. I first discovered Rocky’s on Sunset Way when they opened a Dominos next door - that was back when Dominos still imported their ingredients from the US and had my favorite topping, Italian sausage.

Speaking of Italian sausage, it looks like John’s Pizzeria at Alexandra has that - they appear to have an American connection too. I’ll have to give them a try real soon.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by TropicalExpat » Tue, 17 Nov 2020 9:44 am

PNGMK wrote:
Mon, 16 Nov 2020 1:18 pm
malcontent wrote:

Rocky's was started by Frank Vespa and Dan (?) - two former Navy Seals / Divers. Frank is an American Sicilian from Boston so a Pizza was a Pie and his pizzas were excellent. They sold out once the stupid landlords started doing the usual shite with the rent hikes and it was never the same - I think they sold in the late 90s. SMS knows them as well. Maybe you do too if you've been around that long? Their Sunset Way outlet was great but the one outlet that did the best was in the Peranakan Place area - the LL tried to TRIPLE the rent when he saw how well it was doing (it was packed every night). Frank just about killed him - they had to pull Frank off the stupid Chinaman quick smart.

This seems like a common refrain here - the place does well, ramp up the rent in a crazy way. It just seems like bad business. I guess it's just a quick buck and bugger the long term consequences.

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Tue, 17 Nov 2020 11:41 am

In some cultures, not attempting to exploit a situation to one’s maximum advantage is tantamount to sacrilege! We even see that manifest in some countries’ foreign policies.

It’s a bit like the greedy monkey who tries to get all of the goodies out of the jar at once but fails to realize he then can’t get his hand out of the jar with so many pieces in his hand - - in the end he has to drop all of the pieces to get his hand out.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 17 Nov 2020 10:58 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Tue, 17 Nov 2020 9:44 am
PNGMK wrote:
Mon, 16 Nov 2020 1:18 pm
malcontent wrote:

This seems like a common refrain here - the place does well, ramp up the rent in a crazy way. It just seems like bad business. I guess it's just a quick buck and bugger the long term consequences.
Some of the locals are not know for their ability to see far ahead. Myopic.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!