Singapore Expats Forum

Pr Rejected (third time)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
indigo.man

Pr Rejected (third time)

Postby indigo.man » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 2:29 pm

Hi,

I have been in Singapore for 2 ++ years now, i am holding Q1 pass.

I applied PR in 10 Feb 2011, i get my result at 16 Apr 2011 and it is rejected. I have a question, can i go to ICA and find out what is wrong with my application, since this is my third time application for PR.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 2:36 pm

No

If they told everyone what the criteria was then they'd get lots of identikit applications, don't you think?

I guess you don't follow the news, applying in Feb after 2 rejections already wasn't ever likely to get an approval.

I'd start looking for pastures new if I were you

indigo.man

Postby indigo.man » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 2:45 pm

JayCee wrote:No

If they told everyone what the criteria was then they'd get lots of identikit applications, don't you think?

I guess you don't follow the news, applying in Feb after 2 rejections already wasn't ever likely to get an approval.

But i like it here in Singapore. As the culture is not much different like mine, I even speak one of the dialect (hokkien). Any other advice?

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Pr Rejected (third time)

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 2:45 pm

indigo.man wrote:Hi,

I have been in Singapore for 2 ++ years now, i am holding Q1 pass.

I applied PR in 10 Feb 2011, i get my result at 16 Apr 2011 and it is rejected. I have a question, can i go to ICA and find out what is wrong with my application, since this is my third time application for PR.

Upgrade your skills, contribute to society and if you are keen, try again after 1-1.5 years.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 3:10 pm

indigo.man wrote:

But i like it here in Singapore. As the culture is not much different like mine, I even speak one of the dialect (hokkien). Any other advice?

Regardless of whether you like it in Singapore or not, 3 rejections is telling you something don't you think? If I were you I'd be thinking that this country doesn't want me so I'd better start to look for opportunities somewhere else. Of course you can keep working on your Q pass but what happens if it comes up for renewal and they reject that too? It could easily happen in this environment.

All I'm saying is have a backup plan because the signs for you staying in Singapore long term don't look that good if they've turned you down 3 times

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 3:36 pm

indigo.man wrote:

It is obvious that you like it here, otherwise who would have the patience to apply for PR again and again inspite of being rejected everytime and that too within 2 years :o

A Q pass is just not good enough. Earlier it was, but not anymore. You need to evaluate whether you have the capability to significantly grow up on the career path and get a P2 pass with 5k+ salary, if yes then work towards it and stay put for a few years and then apply again. Who knows you may qualify.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 3:39 pm

Wah lao, reading my mind Rev! I had typed up something similar but then said the heck with it. Come back 5 minutes later and you responded with virtually the same thing. ;-)

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 3:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Wah lao, reading my mind Rev! I had typed up something similar but then said the heck with it. Come back 5 minutes later and you responded with virtually the same thing. ;-)

Haha, you are my "Guru" SMS, its the stuff that I learnt from you :wink:

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 4:30 pm

revhappy wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Wah lao, reading my mind Rev! I had typed up something similar but then said the heck with it. Come back 5 minutes later and you responded with virtually the same thing. ;-)

All of us have learnt from SMS, MS , KSL and Saint, SE :)

Edited to add Strong Eagle. Missed out :(
Last edited by singaporeflyer on Mon, 18 Apr 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 6:07 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
revhappy wrote:

All of us have learnt from SMS, MS , KSL and Saint :)

I no good for learning??? (Can't find the 'sob' smilie)

indigo.man

Postby indigo.man » Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:21 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your support. Hopefully next application will be a successful one. :)

saisujith

Pr application

Postby saisujith » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 1:15 pm

Hi
Im indian, working in singapore for past 3.6 years, 1 st i came singapore in workpermit on 2008 feb, then i get married a singapore pr at 2010 aug (Rom), after that i applyed pr 2010 oct and with in a month i get rejection letter, never stated any that when to reapply, now i had change my job and presently im in Q1 pass. since i was been in workpermit also i had paid income tax for the past 3 years. so any one can kindly guid me, When to reapply?

TNX :
Sai

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Pr application

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 2:38 pm

saisujith wrote:Hi
Im indian, working in singapore for past 3.6 years, 1 st i came singapore in workpermit on 2008 feb, then i get married a singapore pr at 2010 aug (Rom), after that i applyed pr 2010 oct and with in a month i get rejection letter, never stated any that when to reapply, now i had change my job and presently im in Q1 pass. since i was been in workpermit also i had paid income tax for the past 3 years. so any one can kindly guid me, When to reapply?

TNX :

Try to progress well in your career and may be after 2 years when you are in a higher pass and if you have any additional educational qualification upgrades then you can apply again.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 4:57 pm

Learning how to spell and write proper English might help as well....... :-|

azp123
Regular
Regular

Postby azp123 » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 5:47 pm

SMS, tell me how will it help.. :???: