Singapore Expats

can re-enter Singapore on last day of multi enty social visa

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sujji

can re-enter Singapore on last day of multi enty social visa

Post by sujji » Fri, 15 Apr 2011 9:53 pm

Hi,

My parents entered singapore on multiple entry soical visit pass this month and it has validity till 8th May 2011. now they want to have a week tour to malaysia and come back to singapore on 7th May 2011.

my question is "when they will enter singapore on 7th May would they be given 30 day visa to stay in singapore (i.e. till 7th June) or would they be asked to leave on next day.

Thanks,
Siva

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: can re-enter Singapore on last day of multi enty social

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:04 pm

sujji wrote:Hi,

My parents entered singapore on multiple entry soical visit pass this month and it has validity till 8th May 2011. now they want to have a week tour to malaysia and come back to singapore on 7th May 2011.

my question is "when they will enter singapore on 7th May would they be given 30 day visa to stay in singapore (i.e. till 7th June) or would they be asked to leave on next day.

Thanks,
Siva
To be on the safer side, apply for an extension of the visa 1 week - 10 days before its expiry.

or6v

Post by or6v » Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:16 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

Thanks,
Siva
To be on the safer side, apply for an extension of the visa 1 week - 10 days before its expiry.
Nope..

Singapore and Malaysia is a two different country. Thirty days given in Singapore is just for stay in Singapore. Once they exit in Singapore and come back again to Singapore it would be a fresh 30 days visit pass again.. So they will be given another 30 days from the start of re-entry to Singapore...

Enjoy the tour..

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:01 am

or6v wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Thanks,
Siva
Nope..

Singapore and Malaysia is a two different country. Thirty days given in Singapore is just for stay in Singapore. Once they exit in Singapore and come back again to Singapore it would be a fresh 30 days visit pass again.. So they will be given another 30 days from the start of re-entry to Singapore...

Enjoy the tour..
Given the opening sentence I'd treat the advice that follows with caution.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:16 am

JR8 wrote: Given the opening sentence I'd treat the advice that follows with caution.
Yep, if you have a 1 year multiple entry, that say 30 days per entry, on the 11th month, if I enter with 15 days to spare, you will only get the 15 days remainder of the original 12 months,not 30 days ..

Makes sense ?

I made the mistake while going into a country, where I had multiple entry, and arrived with 3 days to spare on the multiple entry, and thought I will get the 2 weeks as usual, and was stumped when I get 3 DAYS !! Luckily I was notified by the Immigration guy to change my return flight, or I would have been caught up

OR6V: you are referring to 'on arrival visa' which does not apply in this case. My advice sticks, unless the immigration person is careless .. and doesn't check the expiry of the original Multiple Entry ..

or6v

Post by or6v » Sat, 16 Apr 2011 7:45 am

ecureilx wrote:
JR8 wrote: Given the opening sentence I'd treat the advice that follows with caution.
Yep, if you have a 1 year multiple entry, that say 30 days per entry, on the 11th month, if I enter with 15 days to spare, you will only get the 15 days remainder of the original 12 months,not 30 days ..

Makes sense ?

I made the mistake while going into a country, where I had multiple entry, and arrived with 3 days to spare on the multiple entry, and thought I will get the 2 weeks as usual, and was stumped when I get 3 DAYS !! Luckily I was notified by the Immigration guy to change my return flight, or I would have been caught up

OR6V: you are referring to 'on arrival visa' which does not apply in this case. My advice sticks, unless the immigration person is careless .. and doesn't check the expiry of the original Multiple Entry ..
Hi.. Sorry I did'nt noticed it was a multiple entry visa. i thought it's just a normal social visa.. my apology..

Thank you...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 2:40 pm

And I also wonder why these one-post-superstars just throw an earth shattering question and then disappear .. :D :D

Do they make one time email addresses and scoot off, after setting off the fuse not knowing about the carnage they are creating ?? :D :D

For me, it's not the first one, and not the first forum to see such stars :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 2:59 pm

Often it's the local press. They like to throw a claymore out there and stand back to see what happens. Week to 10 days later, you will see an article in the press about the same topic! Fancy that! :lol:

They are typical of journalists here, rather than do any real research, they let a bunch of anonymous smucks do the research for them. :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 3:02 pm

ecureilx wrote:

Makes sense ?

I dont think what you say is true. The Multiply entry visa expiry date is applicable for entry only. As long as you enter singapore before the expiry of the visa you are fine. The Immigration officer would decide what the duration of the visa will be and that would be stamped on the passport and it can be beyond the validity of the multiple journey visa itself.

I have got this confirmed from ICA, because we have applied for a Multiple entry Visit visa for my mother in law, through a PR colleague of mine, that is valid from now untill 15th June and she will be arriving into SG on 3rd june and she will be visiting KL for like couple of days and then re-entering Singapore again around 9th June. Everytime she re-enters she will get a 30 days visa stamping.

Not sure why you got just 3 days may be you had already renewed it couple of time before.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 3:28 pm

revhappy wrote: I dont think what you say is true. The Multiply entry visa expiry date is applicable for entry only. As long as you enter singapore before the expiry of the visa you are fine. The Immigration officer would decide what the duration of the visa will be and that would be stamped on the passport and it can be beyond the validity of the multiple journey visa itself.
No, sir, you are wrong.

You must enter and depart the country prior to the expiry of the "ME" VISA - i.e. Visa says 12 months, issued on Jan 1st - means it expires on Dec 31st, so if you enter on December 28th, you must get out before 31st.

The 'permitted to enter and stay upto 2 weeks, must be done before 31st Dec, in this case.

You are confusing 'on arrival visa' with ME. ME will state the duration per entry, if it is 30 days per entry, it will be 30 day per entry, and if it is 7 day per entry, it is 7 day per entry .. confirmed, unlike SVP, where the officer decides to give you 1 month or 1 week or 2 weeks, if you are entitled to on-arrival visa ..

If you got confirmation from ICA, I can attest to that, somebody got their wires crossed ..

I have handled the same situation for ICA, Malaysian Immigration, Thai Immigration, Philipines Immigration, Sri Lanka Immigration and also Indian Immigration :D :D

Maybe I am wrong after all that :D

Cheers

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 3:40 pm

hmmm... May be I need to confirm this once again with ICA and may be by email just to be sure.

But, the Multiple entry visa that we applied was through a PR colleague online using SAVE:

https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFSe ... eload=true

and the Visa is not 2 year ME but just 9 weeks ME and the visa doesn't say 30 days per entry it just says "short stay" per entry.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 3:43 pm

revhappy wrote:hmmm... May be I need to confirm this once again with ICA and may be by email just to be sure.

But, the Multiple entry visa that we applied was through a PR colleague online using SAVE and the Visa is not 2 year ME but just 9 weeks ME and the visa doesn't say 30 days per entry it just says "short stay" per entry.
If you obtain ME for most countries (including ICA - unless ICA has skipped that part of saying how many days per entry) it is confirmed, and I can vouch for it ..

Give ICA a scenario, like above, and then let them confirm. In some cases, nothing works like giving an example :D

Do note that the people who handle the phone call / email always insert a disclaimer - for obvious reasons :D They are low level staff who are not bright as those sitting at the check point counters (no offense to any ICA staff .. )

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 3:50 pm

For Malaysia, I know for a fact that the stamping can go beyond the visa expiry date. I had an 11 months ME Malaysian visa and I go to JB every 3 weeks to fill fuel in my bike and I remember last time that it was like just few day remaining for the expiry and yet the immigration officer stamped my passport for 30 days which was clearly beyond the visa expiry date.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 4:02 pm

Maybe he liked your looks? :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 6:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Maybe he liked your looks? :P
Haha.. I remember him asking me when I am coming back and I replied to him "today itself" all I needed was half an hour to get to the next petrol bunk and turn back, but he gave me a 30 days stamping and also told me get the visa renewed soon. :)

Since then I have renewed it once for 11 months again and now in May this year I need to renew it again. Half of my passport is already full of Malaysian stamps. Luckily they put 3 entry + exit stamps on each page for bikers, if they put just 2 like other travellers, my passport would have been close to full by now :)