Singapore Expats Forum

REP renewal requirement after rejected and appealed for 1 yr

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jhleong2011

REP renewal requirement after rejected and appealed for 1 yr

Postby jhleong2011 » Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I was not in employment in the past 2 years, while i in search for business and opportunity. I was not in employment at the time i applied for my REP renewal, i done it online, and get rejected. I went to ICA and the officer advised me to make an appeal since my wife is under employment (whose PR is under my sponsorship), at the end i have 1 year renewal, and the officer told me i must have employment in order to renew further.

Now, i can go back to the work force, but i was presented a start up opportunity from sg gov agency, which we will have a chance to get gov grant. I am very keen and excited to take part. Unfortunately, I have this REP renewal obligation to fulfill. This startup still need further 3-6 months of work before a grant or a company can be established.

I wonder at the moment whether i can setup my own company and work as self employ and paying myself salary, income tax and CPF. Of cause, this company will not have any earning, when i still working on sg gov agency start up. Do you think this is enough to fulfill the REP renewal requirement ? Or anyone have experience on setup up their own company to fulfill the REP renewal requirement ?

Thank.

by the way, i can not find the email or phone number to the ICA website. anyone has it ?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 Apr 2011 4:34 pm

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=117#ICABuilding

Good luck. I think you are going to need it. Big Time.