Singapore Expats Forum

Thinking of removing my implants..

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Pandemonium
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Location: Jurong

Postby Pandemonium » Tue, 26 Apr 2011 4:37 pm

ahappycamper wrote:You should listen to omega, aadvark, turned as all of them have given you sound, rational advice.

Also, a few things,
r Chi DID NOT cut any flesh/fats from my nose for alar, INSTEAD, he squeeze the side to the tip and stitch them for it to stay in place!

There are MANY approaches to alar reduction that have different pros and cons. What he did sounds like a sill floor excision type which is the one I had as well and some doctors prefer this type because the chance of visible scarring is far less than it is in the type where they make the cuts on the outside.
And one thing I found out that Dr Chi lied to me.
Dr Chi cheated me.
He asked me if I wanted a soft or hard tip for the silicon nose implant, I told him which one better. He said hard tip wise will be sharper but more prone to extrusion, but I don't mind and I wanted the hard tip. He said ok.
Before the surgery,I reminded him that I wanted a very sharp nose and a hard tip implant, he still say " Yes yes yes. "

I don't think this complaint of yours holds any water. There is no way for you to know if he gave you a very sharp nose TWO weeks out of your surgery so how can you say that he "lied" to you when you yourself didn't give sufficient time to see the final result? If you read a lot of the "journals" here and speak to a lot of plastic surgeons everyone will tell you that the tip takes the absolute longest to show results especially for thick skinned patients. In fact, many surgeons even say that a tip on a thick skinned person can take up to 1-2 YEARS to resolve, not the 1-2 WEEKS that used as a meter so expecting a "very sharp nose" two weeks out is a pipe dream at best.

Personally, I absolutely do not think you should be undergoing anymore surgery to be completely honest. In your last surgery, you went in neither mentally, emotionally, nor informally prepared and if you do end up going into another surgery unarmed again then you are just going to experience the same thing you did last time. Plastic surgery is not for the impatient. Those who are really serious about it should do extreme research. Based on the way you reacted it doesn't seem like you read anything past the first page. There are many many many people with lots of experience on these boards and there is a search tool function that you can use to help you better prepare yourself. I don't think you are ready for any work and I say this with concern rather than any offense.


Hi there, thank you for the reply.
I don't need to wait for years to see a final result when I already know he used a different implant for me, which means he lied.
I removed my implant in Singapore and the doc showed me the implant in my nose which I found out is a different one dr chi mentioned.
:x

I am about 3 weeks post op now, I look much better. I know I should have waited for the swell to go down first but the nose is really weird. I should get an I-shaped implant instead of L but dr chi didn't mention. His conception of aesthetic wise isn't really that good. My lips is really in a weird shape now when I did a lip reduction with him. But he really listens to his patient because I told him i want a really small lip. My lip size changed DRASTICALLY, from a F size to an A size, :)

Thanks for your advice, I should have done more research in the first place and not whine.
Life is a misery.

Pandemonium
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Location: Jurong

Postby Pandemonium » Tue, 26 Apr 2011 4:42 pm

As you guys know I had a brow bone implant done with Dr Chi, I think my nerves are affected on the area..
Whenever I tried to pull up the skin around the area a little, or rub my eyes or massage it, there will be a very sharp pain! The pain is CONNECTED from my left brow bone area all the way to the skull..
I can feel like it is the nerves being damaged or what..
I emailed dr chi and here is his reply :

It normal phenominal
If you see anatomy nerve emerge from supraorbital rim area to supply skin, when you pull skin nerve is streach and have pain .
Do not do that after complete healing it may not have pain even do it.
In the future ( if occur ) at surgical wound my have pain from neuralgia , it will improve and not have pain not more than 6-12 mo.
thank

I am very worried! He said it MAY not have any pain after complete healing. Is this normal after getting a brow bone implant?
Should I remove it?
Life is a misery.

BigBang
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 27 Apr 2011

Postby BigBang » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 3:38 pm

Pandemonium wrote:As you guys know I had a brow bone implant done with Dr Chi, I think my nerves are affected on the area..
Whenever I tried to pull up the skin around the area a little, or rub my eyes or massage it, there will be a very sharp pain! The pain is CONNECTED from my left brow bone area all the way to the skull..
I can feel like it is the nerves being damaged or what..
I emailed dr chi and here is his reply :

It normal phenominal
If you see anatomy nerve emerge from supraorbital rim area to supply skin, when you pull skin nerve is streach and have pain .
Do not do that after complete healing it may not have pain even do it.
In the future ( if occur ) at surgical wound my have pain from neuralgia , it will improve and not have pain not more than 6-12 mo.
thank

I am very worried! He said it MAY not have any pain after complete healing. Is this normal after getting a brow bone implant?
Should I remove it?


You seem to blame everyone, but yourself. You should have done more research in the first place isn't it and not whining about your loss. Why would you want to " pull up the skin around the area a little, or rub my eyes or massage it " Does it help in healing? Like everyone said, you should have done your research on proper post surgery care.
Please don't go for a vigorious exercise after having your left leg eaten by a crocodile? Simple.

And from Dr Chi's words. It's obvious his english isn't good. If you took some time to read his last 2-3 paragraphs, it clear says " In the future ( if occur ) at surgical wound my have pain from neuralgia , it will improve and not have pain not more than 6-12 mo. "
Are you that impatient? He even said it's normal phenominal. If you think you are right, listen to yourself cause you would surely make a better Plastic surgeon.

Just cant stand people who think plastic surgery equals superstar face and jump in the bandlamborghini and get it done without being prepared. Your psychological state in post surgery will also affect healing by the way. This is only just for you(no offense to those who went for surgery and ended up better looking), YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID. If you want first class looks, head to taiwan or korea much?

You are making all plastic surgeons look bad.

User avatar
turnerdhr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun, 06 Sep 2009
Location: Holland Village

Postby turnerdhr » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 3:49 pm

BigBang wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:As you guys know I had a brow bone implant done with Dr Chi, I think my nerves are affected on the area..
Whenever I tried to pull up the skin around the area a little, or rub my eyes or massage it, there will be a very sharp pain! The pain is CONNECTED from my left brow bone area all the way to the skull..
I can feel like it is the nerves being damaged or what..
I emailed dr chi and here is his reply :

It normal phenominal
If you see anatomy nerve emerge from supraorbital rim area to supply skin, when you pull skin nerve is streach and have pain .
Do not do that after complete healing it may not have pain even do it.
In the future ( if occur ) at surgical wound my have pain from neuralgia , it will improve and not have pain not more than 6-12 mo.
thank

I am very worried! He said it MAY not have any pain after complete healing. Is this normal after getting a brow bone implant?
Should I remove it?


You seem to blame everyone, but yourself. You should have done more research in the first place isn't it and not whining about your loss. Why would you want to " pull up the skin around the area a little, or rub my eyes or massage it " Does it help in healing? Like everyone said, you should have done your research on proper post surgery care.
Please don't go for a vigorious exercise after having your left leg eaten by a crocodile? Simple.

And from Dr Chi's words. It's obvious his english isn't good. If you took some time to read his last 2-3 paragraphs, it clear says " In the future ( if occur ) at surgical wound my have pain from neuralgia , it will improve and not have pain not more than 6-12 mo. "
Are you that impatient? He even said it's normal phenominal. If you think you are right, listen to yourself cause you would surely make a better Plastic surgeon.

Just cant stand people who think plastic surgery equals superstar face and jump in the bandlamborghini and get it done without being prepared. Your psychological state in post surgery will also affect healing by the way. This is only just for you(no offense to those who went for surgery and ended up better looking), YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID. If you want first class looks, head to taiwan or korea much?

You are making all plastic surgeons look bad.


ok SERIOUSLY now, Dr. Chi has really done some nice work on this forum...!
"Botox anyone?"

ahappycamper
Regular
Regular
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat, 28 Aug 2010

Postby ahappycamper » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 4:29 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
ahappycamper wrote:You should listen to omega, aadvark, turned as all of them have given you sound, rational advice.

Also, a few things,
r Chi DID NOT cut any flesh/fats from my nose for alar, INSTEAD, he squeeze the side to the tip and stitch them for it to stay in place!

There are MANY approaches to alar reduction that have different pros and cons. What he did sounds like a sill floor excision type which is the one I had as well and some doctors prefer this type because the chance of visible scarring is far less than it is in the type where they make the cuts on the outside.
And one thing I found out that Dr Chi lied to me.
Dr Chi cheated me.
He asked me if I wanted a soft or hard tip for the silicon nose implant, I told him which one better. He said hard tip wise will be sharper but more prone to extrusion, but I don't mind and I wanted the hard tip. He said ok.
Before the surgery,I reminded him that I wanted a very sharp nose and a hard tip implant, he still say " Yes yes yes. "

I don't think this complaint of yours holds any water. There is no way for you to know if he gave you a very sharp nose TWO weeks out of your surgery so how can you say that he "lied" to you when you yourself didn't give sufficient time to see the final result? If you read a lot of the "journals" here and speak to a lot of plastic surgeons everyone will tell you that the tip takes the absolute longest to show results especially for thick skinned patients. In fact, many surgeons even say that a tip on a thick skinned person can take up to 1-2 YEARS to resolve, not the 1-2 WEEKS that used as a meter so expecting a "very sharp nose" two weeks out is a pipe dream at best.

Personally, I absolutely do not think you should be undergoing anymore surgery to be completely honest. In your last surgery, you went in neither mentally, emotionally, nor informally prepared and if you do end up going into another surgery unarmed again then you are just going to experience the same thing you did last time. Plastic surgery is not for the impatient. Those who are really serious about it should do extreme research. Based on the way you reacted it doesn't seem like you read anything past the first page. There are many many many people with lots of experience on these boards and there is a search tool function that you can use to help you better prepare yourself. I don't think you are ready for any work and I say this with concern rather than any offense.


Hi there, thank you for the reply.
I don't need to wait for years to see a final result when I already know he used a different implant for me, which means he lied.
I removed my implant in Singapore and the doc showed me the implant in my nose which I found out is a different one dr chi mentioned.
:x

I am about 3 weeks post op now, I look much better. I know I should have waited for the swell to go down first but the nose is really weird. I should get an I-shaped implant instead of L but dr chi didn't mention. His conception of aesthetic wise isn't really that good. My lips is really in a weird shape now when I did a lip reduction with him. But he really listens to his patient because I told him i want a really small lip. My lip size changed DRASTICALLY, from a F size to an A size, :)

Thanks for your advice, I should have done more research in the first place and not whine.


Hi, I understand how frustrating the recovery process can be. Hopefully this can be a learning experience for you in the future if you decide to have more surgery done.

However, did Dr. Chi really say he would use an I implant in your nose? I asked him before how he does his nose jobs and he told me he uses L silicone implants like most other Thai doctors. I do know however that there are people(Aadvark) that have had good success with L silicone implants even if they may not be as universally accepted. Also, Annakilly had a tertiary rhinoplasty with Dr. Chi and reported that he gave her a L silicone as well, with dermal grafts, so is it a possibility that you guys miscommunicated between the L and I silicone implants?

I would wait out the brow implant, honestly, the pain can only get better from here on out. I had an INFECTION in my right cheek and I recently fought it off, well at least I think have, and it's only been getting better. Keep in mind this process has been going on since for 1.5 months where I've had to deal with abnormal swelling and infection. Even to this day(I had operation on March 16th) I still don't look completely normal in many lightings and angles. However, I know it gets better every single day that passes and this will all be OLD NEWS in a few months. Just stop thinking about it because stress technically slows down your healing process. If it's the pain that is making you think about taking it out then I say just wait it out. However, if it's the aesthetic issue, because you don't like the way the brow implant looks on your face, then taking it out might be a rational action, however, I bet there is still swelling that is distorting you aesthetic outcome. But yes, stop touching your brow implant...your face was just cut open and had a foreign object stuck into it. Of course you will feel discomfort if you keep provoking the area. My chin implant(easy operation) done under local still feels tender at 1.5 months if I "rub" or "massage" it, not that I do habitually, but there's no mystery behind the reason that it feels tender.

Pandemonium
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Location: Jurong

Postby Pandemonium » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 4:57 pm

BigBang wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:As you guys know I had a brow bone implant done with Dr Chi, I think my nerves are affected on the area..
Whenever I tried to pull up the skin around the area a little, or rub my eyes or massage it, there will be a very sharp pain! The pain is CONNECTED from my left brow bone area all the way to the skull..
I can feel like it is the nerves being damaged or what..
I emailed dr chi and here is his reply :

It normal phenominal
If you see anatomy nerve emerge from supraorbital rim area to supply skin, when you pull skin nerve is streach and have pain .
Do not do that after complete healing it may not have pain even do it.
In the future ( if occur ) at surgical wound my have pain from neuralgia , it will improve and not have pain not more than 6-12 mo.
thank

I am very worried! He said it MAY not have any pain after complete healing. Is this normal after getting a brow bone implant?
Should I remove it?


You seem to blame everyone, but yourself. You should have done more research in the first place isn't it and not whining about your loss. Why would you want to " pull up the skin around the area a little, or rub my eyes or massage it " Does it help in healing? Like everyone said, you should have done your research on proper post surgery care.
Please don't go for a vigorious exercise after having your left leg eaten by a crocodile? Simple.

And from Dr Chi's words. It's obvious his english isn't good. If you took some time to read his last 2-3 paragraphs, it clear says " In the future ( if occur ) at surgical wound my have pain from neuralgia , it will improve and not have pain not more than 6-12 mo. "
Are you that impatient? He even said it's normal phenominal. If you think you are right, listen to yourself cause you would surely make a better Plastic surgeon.

Just cant stand people who think plastic surgery equals superstar face and jump in the bandlamborghini and get it done without being prepared. Your psychological state in post surgery will also affect healing by the way. This is only just for you(no offense to those who went for surgery and ended up better looking), YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID. If you want first class looks, head to taiwan or korea much?

You are making all plastic surgeons look bad.


Firstly, why do you have to create a NEW ACCOUNT just to post this? I'm very sure you have another account in this forum and why don't you just use that account and post?

Secondly, did I "seem" to blame people for what has happened to me? Where and when did you see I BLAME people?
Why would I want to pull the skin? Are you dumb? Normal people will definitely have the tendency to touch and feel their new nose, chin, cheek or whatever after their surgery. And the pain occur to me was by accident, a sharp pain around my skull when I tried to lift my head, then I tried to feel it by pulling my skin up and I found out where the pain and how it occur.
It's normal to occur such pain? You that DUMB to believe in it? I did contact doctors and ask them about it, emailing to other docs from other countries and they say it is not normal. Think before you write and assure you are right if not you will be making a fool out of yourself.

"This is only just for you(no offense to those who went for surgery and ended up better looking), YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID. If you want first class looks, head to taiwan or korea much?" Contradicting much? Read again. ;)

I'm making all plastic surgeon look bad? WOW, I've such big ability to influence people's conception on plastic surgeon. In fact, I dare to say that my experience and stories posted here is a very good information for those who are going to have plastic surgery done. My downfall is a very good advice for fellows people who wants to have PS done.
Get your facts right mr anonymous.

Lastly, if you DO NOT HAVE any positive things to say, then DON'T. :lol:
Life is a misery.

Pandemonium
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Location: Jurong

Postby Pandemonium » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 5:09 pm

ahappycamper wrote:==
Hi, I understand how frustrating the recovery process can be. Hopefully this can be a learning experience for you in the future if you decide to have more surgery done.

However, did Dr. Chi really say he would use an I implant in your nose? I asked him before how he does his nose jobs and he told me he uses L silicone implants like most other Thai doctors. I do know however that there are people(Aadvark) that have had good success with L silicone implants even if they may not be as universally accepted. Also, Annakilly had a tertiary rhinoplasty with Dr. Chi and reported that he gave her a L silicone as well, with dermal grafts, so is it a possibility that you guys miscommunicated between the L and I silicone implants?

I would wait out the brow implant, honestly, the pain can only get better from here on out. I had an INFECTION in my right cheek and I recently fought it off, well at least I think have, and it's only been getting better. Keep in mind this process has been going on since for 1.5 months where I've had to deal with abnormal swelling and infection. Even to this day(I had operation on March 16th) I still don't look completely normal in many lightings and angles. However, I know it gets better every single day that passes and this will all be OLD NEWS in a few months. Just stop thinking about it because stress technically slows down your healing process. If it's the pain that is making you think about taking it out then I say just wait it out. However, if it's the aesthetic issue, because you don't like the way the brow implant looks on your face, then taking it out might be a rational action, however, I bet there is still swelling that is distorting you aesthetic outcome. But yes, stop touching your brow implant...your face was just cut open and had a foreign object stuck into it. Of course you will feel discomfort if you keep provoking the area. My chin implant(easy operation) done under local still feels tender at 1.5 months if I "rub" or "massage" it, not that I do habitually, but there's no mystery behind the reason that it feels tender.


Hi there happycamper. He did not mention anything regarding the shape of the implant. My nose has a very big tip to begin with and I should have been given an I-shaped implant, instead of the L-shaped. I only want the bridge to be more prominent. I have to blame myself too for not asking him about the shape of implant he will be giving me.

My brow bone implant is 8mm thick and it is really weird. I can feel that there is no transition when I move my fingers from the scalp to my brow bone area. It is like a flat piece of road but the area is really protruding out. The shape has been fixed more or less after feeling it and I really look like a goldfish. Boii18 called me yesterday and he told me 8mm is really THICK. He suggested me to remove it too. He said maybe the implant is pressing against the nerves which caused the pain.
My eyes expression look different now after the implant, I don't look the same anymore, uglier in fact when I tried to move my eyebrown, give a wink or anything.

Thankfully Dr Chi is willing to remove it for free.
Now what I have to do is to remove the implant, then wait for my nose to heal and go to korea or dr pat suggested by boii18 to have my nose done again.

Did you have your nose done too?
Life is a misery.

BigBang
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 27 Apr 2011

Postby BigBang » Wed, 27 Apr 2011 7:03 pm

Haha. I made my point anyway.

I just want people to know that undergoing plastic surgery is not something any one who wants to be better looking must do. It requires patience, hardwork, determination and maybe some luck incase of infections.
If you are not prepared for it, dont do it if not you will end up like TS.

This isn't a lesson just for you, its for everyone else out there reading this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4DK1ADyUoY

TONIGHT, SUCH A BEAUTIFUL NIGHT
TWO THOUSAND AND ELEVEN
BIG BANG , BIG BANG
We're back again
One more time

ahappycamper
Regular
Regular
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat, 28 Aug 2010

Postby ahappycamper » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 2:33 am

Pandemonium wrote:
ahappycamper wrote:==
Hi, I understand how frustrating the recovery process can be. Hopefully this can be a learning experience for you in the future if you decide to have more surgery done.

However, did Dr. Chi really say he would use an I implant in your nose? I asked him before how he does his nose jobs and he told me he uses L silicone implants like most other Thai doctors. I do know however that there are people(Aadvark) that have had good success with L silicone implants even if they may not be as universally accepted. Also, Annakilly had a tertiary rhinoplasty with Dr. Chi and reported that he gave her a L silicone as well, with dermal grafts, so is it a possibility that you guys miscommunicated between the L and I silicone implants?

I would wait out the brow implant, honestly, the pain can only get better from here on out. I had an INFECTION in my right cheek and I recently fought it off, well at least I think have, and it's only been getting better. Keep in mind this process has been going on since for 1.5 months where I've had to deal with abnormal swelling and infection. Even to this day(I had operation on March 16th) I still don't look completely normal in many lightings and angles. However, I know it gets better every single day that passes and this will all be OLD NEWS in a few months. Just stop thinking about it because stress technically slows down your healing process. If it's the pain that is making you think about taking it out then I say just wait it out. However, if it's the aesthetic issue, because you don't like the way the brow implant looks on your face, then taking it out might be a rational action, however, I bet there is still swelling that is distorting you aesthetic outcome. But yes, stop touching your brow implant...your face was just cut open and had a foreign object stuck into it. Of course you will feel discomfort if you keep provoking the area. My chin implant(easy operation) done under local still feels tender at 1.5 months if I "rub" or "massage" it, not that I do habitually, but there's no mystery behind the reason that it feels tender.


Hi there happycamper. He did not mention anything regarding the shape of the implant. My nose has a very big tip to begin with and I should have been given an I-shaped implant, instead of the L-shaped. I only want the bridge to be more prominent. I have to blame myself too for not asking him about the shape of implant he will be giving me.

My brow bone implant is 8mm thick and it is really weird. I can feel that there is no transition when I move my fingers from the scalp to my brow bone area. It is like a flat piece of road but the area is really protruding out. The shape has been fixed more or less after feeling it and I really look like a goldfish. Boii18 called me yesterday and he told me 8mm is really THICK. He suggested me to remove it too. He said maybe the implant is pressing against the nerves which caused the pain.
My eyes expression look different now after the implant, I don't look the same anymore, uglier in fact when I tried to move my eyebrown, give a wink or anything.

Thankfully Dr Chi is willing to remove it for free.
Now what I have to do is to remove the implant, then wait for my nose to heal and go to korea or dr pat suggested by boii18 to have my nose done again.

Did you have your nose done too?

If you had a large tip to begin, an L shaped implant should be okay for you because the bottom of the "L" shape would stretch your tip out a bit, creating more of a point. However, if you only wanted the bridge taken care of then yes, an "I" implant would be feasible. Then if you wanted to address the tip as well with just an "I" implant then you would need a tip plasty done with another graft. However, I don't know of too many doctors in Thailand who do tip plasties done with other grafts. Most of the Thai docs are very used to using L silicone implants since it's a very basic procedure compared to a super intricate tip plasty where autologous grafts are necessary. I have heard from multiple venues that the hardest part in rhinoplasty is getting a fat tip to be sharp. The only doctor in Thailand that I know of that does tip plasties with grafts is Dr. Kunachak from Yoskarn clinic, but be warned, his prices are very high for a Thailand residing surgeon.

Did you diagnose the implant as 8mm or is that what Dr. Chi told you? The reason I ask is that there is a possibility that swelling is making the implant look much bigger than it really is. Trust me, as someone with multiple implants in the face I know how distorting swelling can be and how it can make something seemingly so tiny, look much bigger, for a temporary amount of time.

Also, I'm assuming the implant is silicone and was fixated with screws?

Why did you decide to pursue the brow bone implant? The reason I ask is that the procedure is uncommon compared to your typical nose or chin job. Nobody really notices the brow area outside of those who have refined eyes for aesthetics. What goal did you expect the brow implant to fulfill? A stronger brow bone will almost always make you look more masculine, older, and in many ways scarier and more intimidating. It really would change your eyes from kind to mean but for some people this may be a good thing if they want a more dominant look, however, for many people they can be very unprepared especially if they are not ready to go from sweet looking to fierce. The brow implant is more likely to make you look different as oppose to better.

About Dr. Pat, he has done some good work on people but make sure you look at this thread as well.
ftopic53446-0-asc-330.html
He has a mix of happy and unhappy patients so make sure you are prepared before jumping into surgery with him. I do know of one girl who had her tip done with Dr. Pat and according to her, it was stretched to the point where she risked eventual extrusion. This was the same girl that went to Dr. Chi to fix her nose.

I did have a nose job but I did not do it in Thailand. I did it in Korea at Banobagi Clinic with Dr. Lee. The result is okay for me, nice improvement that looks natural. He did an "I" silicone implant on the bridge with septum grafts in my tip for sharpness. I plan on redoing the nose because it's a bit conservative for my taste but I think it was a good result anyways. I always knew, based on my starting point that I would need at least two rhinoplasties for a "great" nose unless I went to Dr. Kim from BKDongyang or Dr. Wang, a China nose guy. The reason is that both of these docs seem do do really dramatic work and their tip transformations are more dramatic than any other doctors I've seen.

User avatar
turnerdhr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun, 06 Sep 2009
Location: Holland Village

Postby turnerdhr » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:41 pm

ahappycamper wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
ahappycamper wrote:==
Hi, I understand how frustrating the recovery process can be. Hopefully this can be a learning experience for you in the future if you decide to have more surgery done.

However, did Dr. Chi really say he would use an I implant in your nose? I asked him before how he does his nose jobs and he told me he uses L silicone implants like most other Thai doctors. I do know however that there are people(Aadvark) that have had good success with L silicone implants even if they may not be as universally accepted. Also, Annakilly had a tertiary rhinoplasty with Dr. Chi and reported that he gave her a L silicone as well, with dermal grafts, so is it a possibility that you guys miscommunicated between the L and I silicone implants?

I would wait out the brow implant, honestly, the pain can only get better from here on out. I had an INFECTION in my right cheek and I recently fought it off, well at least I think have, and it's only been getting better. Keep in mind this process has been going on since for 1.5 months where I've had to deal with abnormal swelling and infection. Even to this day(I had operation on March 16th) I still don't look completely normal in many lightings and angles. However, I know it gets better every single day that passes and this will all be OLD NEWS in a few months. Just stop thinking about it because stress technically slows down your healing process. If it's the pain that is making you think about taking it out then I say just wait it out. However, if it's the aesthetic issue, because you don't like the way the brow implant looks on your face, then taking it out might be a rational action, however, I bet there is still swelling that is distorting you aesthetic outcome. But yes, stop touching your brow implant...your face was just cut open and had a foreign object stuck into it. Of course you will feel discomfort if you keep provoking the area. My chin implant(easy operation) done under local still feels tender at 1.5 months if I "rub" or "massage" it, not that I do habitually, but there's no mystery behind the reason that it feels tender.


Hi there happycamper. He did not mention anything regarding the shape of the implant. My nose has a very big tip to begin with and I should have been given an I-shaped implant, instead of the L-shaped. I only want the bridge to be more prominent. I have to blame myself too for not asking him about the shape of implant he will be giving me.

My brow bone implant is 8mm thick and it is really weird. I can feel that there is no transition when I move my fingers from the scalp to my brow bone area. It is like a flat piece of road but the area is really protruding out. The shape has been fixed more or less after feeling it and I really look like a goldfish. Boii18 called me yesterday and he told me 8mm is really THICK. He suggested me to remove it too. He said maybe the implant is pressing against the nerves which caused the pain.
My eyes expression look different now after the implant, I don't look the same anymore, uglier in fact when I tried to move my eyebrown, give a wink or anything.

Thankfully Dr Chi is willing to remove it for free.
Now what I have to do is to remove the implant, then wait for my nose to heal and go to korea or dr pat suggested by boii18 to have my nose done again.

Did you have your nose done too?

If you had a large tip to begin, an L shaped implant should be okay for you because the bottom of the "L" shape would stretch your tip out a bit, creating more of a point. However, if you only wanted the bridge taken care of then yes, an "I" implant would be feasible. Then if you wanted to address the tip as well with just an "I" implant then you would need a tip plasty done with another graft. However, I don't know of too many doctors in Thailand who do tip plasties done with other grafts. Most of the Thai docs are very used to using L silicone implants since it's a very basic procedure compared to a super intricate tip plasty where autologous grafts are necessary. I have heard from multiple venues that the hardest part in rhinoplasty is getting a fat tip to be sharp. The only doctor in Thailand that I know of that does tip plasties with grafts is Dr. Kunachak from Yoskarn clinic, but be warned, his prices are very high for a Thailand residing surgeon.

Did you diagnose the implant as 8mm or is that what Dr. Chi told you? The reason I ask is that there is a possibility that swelling is making the implant look much bigger than it really is. Trust me, as someone with multiple implants in the face I know how distorting swelling can be and how it can make something seemingly so tiny, look much bigger, for a temporary amount of time.

Also, I'm assuming the implant is silicone and was fixated with screws?

Why did you decide to pursue the brow bone implant? The reason I ask is that the procedure is uncommon compared to your typical nose or chin job. Nobody really notices the brow area outside of those who have refined eyes for aesthetics. What goal did you expect the brow implant to fulfill? A stronger brow bone will almost always make you look more masculine, older, and in many ways scarier and more intimidating. It really would change your eyes from kind to mean but for some people this may be a good thing if they want a more dominant look, however, for many people they can be very unprepared especially if they are not ready to go from sweet looking to fierce. The brow implant is more likely to make you look different as oppose to better.

About Dr. Pat, he has done some good work on people but make sure you look at this thread as well.
ftopic53446-0-asc-330.html
He has a mix of happy and unhappy patients so make sure you are prepared before jumping into surgery with him. I do know of one girl who had her tip done with Dr. Pat and according to her, it was stretched to the point where she risked eventual extrusion. This was the same girl that went to Dr. Chi to fix her nose.

I did have a nose job but I did not do it in Thailand. I did it in Korea at Banobagi Clinic with Dr. Lee. The result is okay for me, nice improvement that looks natural. He did an "I" silicone implant on the bridge with septum grafts in my tip for sharpness. I plan on redoing the nose because it's a bit conservative for my taste but I think it was a good result anyways. I always knew, based on my starting point that I would need at least two rhinoplasties for a "great" nose unless I went to Dr. Kim from BKDongyang or Dr. Wang, a China nose guy. The reason is that both of these docs seem do do really dramatic work and their tip transformations are more dramatic than any other doctors I've seen.


Pandemonium's objective for having a brow bone implant was for the expected result of deep-set eyes...
"Botox anyone?"

User avatar
turnerdhr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun, 06 Sep 2009
Location: Holland Village

Postby turnerdhr » Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:42 pm

ahappycamper wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
ahappycamper wrote:==
Hi, I understand how frustrating the recovery process can be. Hopefully this can be a learning experience for you in the future if you decide to have more surgery done.

However, did Dr. Chi really say he would use an I implant in your nose? I asked him before how he does his nose jobs and he told me he uses L silicone implants like most other Thai doctors. I do know however that there are people(Aadvark) that have had good success with L silicone implants even if they may not be as universally accepted. Also, Annakilly had a tertiary rhinoplasty with Dr. Chi and reported that he gave her a L silicone as well, with dermal grafts, so is it a possibility that you guys miscommunicated between the L and I silicone implants?

I would wait out the brow implant, honestly, the pain can only get better from here on out. I had an INFECTION in my right cheek and I recently fought it off, well at least I think have, and it's only been getting better. Keep in mind this process has been going on since for 1.5 months where I've had to deal with abnormal swelling and infection. Even to this day(I had operation on March 16th) I still don't look completely normal in many lightings and angles. However, I know it gets better every single day that passes and this will all be OLD NEWS in a few months. Just stop thinking about it because stress technically slows down your healing process. If it's the pain that is making you think about taking it out then I say just wait it out. However, if it's the aesthetic issue, because you don't like the way the brow implant looks on your face, then taking it out might be a rational action, however, I bet there is still swelling that is distorting you aesthetic outcome. But yes, stop touching your brow implant...your face was just cut open and had a foreign object stuck into it. Of course you will feel discomfort if you keep provoking the area. My chin implant(easy operation) done under local still feels tender at 1.5 months if I "rub" or "massage" it, not that I do habitually, but there's no mystery behind the reason that it feels tender.


Hi there happycamper. He did not mention anything regarding the shape of the implant. My nose has a very big tip to begin with and I should have been given an I-shaped implant, instead of the L-shaped. I only want the bridge to be more prominent. I have to blame myself too for not asking him about the shape of implant he will be giving me.

My brow bone implant is 8mm thick and it is really weird. I can feel that there is no transition when I move my fingers from the scalp to my brow bone area. It is like a flat piece of road but the area is really protruding out. The shape has been fixed more or less after feeling it and I really look like a goldfish. Boii18 called me yesterday and he told me 8mm is really THICK. He suggested me to remove it too. He said maybe the implant is pressing against the nerves which caused the pain.
My eyes expression look different now after the implant, I don't look the same anymore, uglier in fact when I tried to move my eyebrown, give a wink or anything.

Thankfully Dr Chi is willing to remove it for free.
Now what I have to do is to remove the implant, then wait for my nose to heal and go to korea or dr pat suggested by boii18 to have my nose done again.

Did you have your nose done too?

If you had a large tip to begin, an L shaped implant should be okay for you because the bottom of the "L" shape would stretch your tip out a bit, creating more of a point. However, if you only wanted the bridge taken care of then yes, an "I" implant would be feasible. Then if you wanted to address the tip as well with just an "I" implant then you would need a tip plasty done with another graft. However, I don't know of too many doctors in Thailand who do tip plasties done with other grafts. Most of the Thai docs are very used to using L silicone implants since it's a very basic procedure compared to a super intricate tip plasty where autologous grafts are necessary. I have heard from multiple venues that the hardest part in rhinoplasty is getting a fat tip to be sharp. The only doctor in Thailand that I know of that does tip plasties with grafts is Dr. Kunachak from Yoskarn clinic, but be warned, his prices are very high for a Thailand residing surgeon.

Did you diagnose the implant as 8mm or is that what Dr. Chi told you? The reason I ask is that there is a possibility that swelling is making the implant look much bigger than it really is. Trust me, as someone with multiple implants in the face I know how distorting swelling can be and how it can make something seemingly so tiny, look much bigger, for a temporary amount of time.

Also, I'm assuming the implant is silicone and was fixated with screws?

Why did you decide to pursue the brow bone implant? The reason I ask is that the procedure is uncommon compared to your typical nose or chin job. Nobody really notices the brow area outside of those who have refined eyes for aesthetics. What goal did you expect the brow implant to fulfill? A stronger brow bone will almost always make you look more masculine, older, and in many ways scarier and more intimidating. It really would change your eyes from kind to mean but for some people this may be a good thing if they want a more dominant look, however, for many people they can be very unprepared especially if they are not ready to go from sweet looking to fierce. The brow implant is more likely to make you look different as oppose to better.

About Dr. Pat, he has done some good work on people but make sure you look at this thread as well.
ftopic53446-0-asc-330.html
He has a mix of happy and unhappy patients so make sure you are prepared before jumping into surgery with him. I do know of one girl who had her tip done with Dr. Pat and according to her, it was stretched to the point where she risked eventual extrusion. This was the same girl that went to Dr. Chi to fix her nose.

I did have a nose job but I did not do it in Thailand. I did it in Korea at Banobagi Clinic with Dr. Lee. The result is okay for me, nice improvement that looks natural. He did an "I" silicone implant on the bridge with septum grafts in my tip for sharpness. I plan on redoing the nose because it's a bit conservative for my taste but I think it was a good result anyways. I always knew, based on my starting point that I would need at least two rhinoplasties for a "great" nose unless I went to Dr. Kim from BKDongyang or Dr. Wang, a China nose guy. The reason is that both of these docs seem do do really dramatic work and their tip transformations are more dramatic than any other doctors I've seen.


Pandemonium's objective for having a brow bone implant was for the expected result of deep-set eyes...
"Botox anyone?"

charms101
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 23 Aug 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby charms101 » Thu, 26 May 2011 3:24 pm

Pandemonium, I'm in the same boat as you..it's been two months post op I people are still giving me wierd looks and my nose implant is still unnaturally high..I totally regret doing or even thinking about plastic

Just want to get it out and never hear the word plastic or surgery again..pls reply to the private msg I sent u..thanks


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests