Singapore Expats Forum

Biking Palau Ubin this Weekend?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Biking Palau Ubin this Weekend?

Postby Lizat80 » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 6:01 pm

Anyone interested in heading over to Palau Ubin on Saturday for some biking (assuming the weather holds out)?

I've never been, but have heard it's a nice little day activity and something a bit different.

Also, if anyone has recommendations on where to go, trails to take (I'm thinking easy to moderate is good), how to get there, places to eat at, etc...please forward it on! I haven't started doing my research on all that yet. I just know I'd like to get a small crew together and go. :)

Let me know if you're interested!

The Ref

Palau Ubin is really fun.

Postby The Ref » Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:40 am

It is really easy to get there - cab to Changi village then catch a bum boat.
Cycling is easy - no hard paths and the hills are ridable by my 9yo but not a friends 7yo.

All paths can be easily done in a day - there is an off road / dirt bike trail for more serious riders.

Rent a bike there - the first time I rented while the second I took my own (wheel off, in a cab, extra $2 in the bum boat) - all good. But no cab would take me with he bike home. All said they didnt have a strap for the boot so I went into the village and bought a spare.

I recomend the medium priced bikes which will cost around $8 - $10.

Postby carteki » Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:07 am

The Singapore Couchsurfers group are organising a cycle and lunch at Palau Ubin on Sunday. They're a great bunch and would love to have you join. Check them out at (look for the Singapore Forum).

Postby nakatago » Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:40 am

If Sunday's too soon for you, a bunch of us are going on May 8, Sunday. Rendezvous is at Tanah Merah interchange at 8 am to catch the bus to Changi Village. Mention you know about it through the Singapore Expats forum so we'll have context.

Wouold love to catch up with all of you..

Postby ld_runner » Fri, 15 Apr 2011 4:45 pm

What a GREAT IDEA... What time are you planning your bike ride?
I don't det out of work til noon but could easily catch up to you at the ferry by 12.30 - 1PM.
J.A.N. Just Another Noobie. Hoping to make some friends and branch out from the regular 9 to 5 crowd at work. Cheers!