Singapore Expats

Short term Visit pass validity

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
revhappy
Editor
Editor

Short term Visit pass validity

Post by revhappy » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:51 am

Hello Guys,

We have just applied for a short term visit pass for my mother in law through the help of one of my colleague.

We applied yesterday and got the approval today. The validity of the visa is 13-Apr-11 to 15-Jun-11.

The intended date of travel is 4-Jun-11 and my mother in law wishes to stay until the end of june and then return back to India.

So my question is with the Visa validity until 15-Jun-11 will she be able to stay untill the end of june? i.e. will she get a 30 days stamping on her passport at the immigration? This is her 1st ever visit to SG.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:32 pm

I just called up ICA. They mentioned the visa validity is important only for the date of arrival. Subsequently she can get a stamping on the passport for 30 days.

Thanks.

azp123
Regular
Regular

Post by azp123 » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 6:12 pm

Correct. Please note if your in-law plans to visit any neighbouring countries during her visit -she has to come back by the visa expiry date -else she will be denied entry into Singapore.