Singapore Expats Forum

PR application status - Need Advice.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
coolguy5481

PR application status - Need Advice.

Postby coolguy5481 » Mon, 11 Apr 2011 3:13 pm

I am working in IT with Masters degree, applied for PR in Jan 2011 with Family.

Until now the application status used to be "pending" with application date and iEnquiry Reference number same when ever I checked the status.

Recently I logged in to check the status of application and found out my application date had been changed from Jan 2011 to April 2011 and also my iEnquiry Reference number had changed but status is still "Pending".

I noticed and they added some thing as "PRS-2011-PRE-******" under Remarks. What does this remark mean? has any one seen there application date modification?

Reply is appreciated.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Re: PR application status - Need Advice.

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 11 Apr 2011 6:03 pm

coolguy5481 wrote:I am working in IT with Masters degree, applied for PR in Jan 2011 with Family.

Until now the application status used to be "pending" with application date and iEnquiry Reference number same when ever I checked the status.

Recently I logged in to check the status of application and found out my application date had been changed from Jan 2011 to April 2011 and also my iEnquiry Reference number had changed but status is still "Pending".

I noticed and they added some thing as "PRS-2011-PRE-******" under Remarks. What does this remark mean? has any one seen there application date modification?

Reply is appreciated.

May be your result would come shortly? Just a guess not sure...

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 4:37 am

It means apart from your FIN number , you are going thru another internal process. it does not have any bearing on you for now.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ratnamst

Hi

Postby ratnamst » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:16 am

Singapore immigration process is not open, moreover black box. You will know the results when the officer have decided.

Best of luck.

ancientmariner

Postby ancientmariner » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:31 am

"PRS-2011-PRE-******" is just reference for ICA's internal tracking for this particular application . Since it has appeared in your application status now, I suppose, your application is being actively looked into now and a decision will be made. Best of luck!
Nobody knows about future!

coolguy5481

Postby coolguy5481 » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:16 pm

ancientmariner wrote:"PRS-2011-PRE-******" is just reference for ICA's internal tracking for this particular application . Since it has appeared in your application status now, I suppose, your application is being actively looked into now and a decision will be made. Best of luck!

Thank you all for your reply.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:19 am

Not sure if you read your letter when you submitted the application. An answer is only expected AFTER 6 months. My suggestion is to give it a rest for the moment and be patient.

bengbeng

Postby bengbeng » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 7:44 pm

hi coolguy,
have u got any news yet?? cos mine also have changed the date of application, been waiting for 4 months already.

coolguy5481

Postby coolguy5481 » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 8:50 am

[quote="bengbeng"]hi coolguy,
have u got any news yet?? cos mine also have changed the date of application, been waiting for 4 months already.[/quote]

Yes received one line letter last week saying my PR application was REJECTED :shock:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 9:27 am

Are you from the subcontinent perchance? If so, the rejection is to be expected unless you are bringing something that "really" adds value to the country. :-|

coolguy5481

Postby coolguy5481 » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 9:59 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Are you from the subcontinent perchance? If so, the rejection is to be expected unless you are bringing something that "really" adds value to the country. :-|

Yes I am from subcontinent, highly educate with Engineering, Management and Masters degree. Working for fortune 500 organization with good salary where can afford to rent a condo. I guess I am done here no more interested for PR and don't think its going to make difference any more to me. 8-)