I do not live in Singapore, so I can't give you specific advise. However, I have moved from one country to another and know what it takes to make a major move. So here is my humble advice:
- Calculate your post tax income.
- Go to Craigslist and other websites to find rental listings. Find places to live based on your requirements (# of bedrooms, parking etc.) and geographical location. You want to find a place that is close to schools, public transport and in a safe area.
- Make a list of 4-5 areas that have apartments in your price range and find out which ares are good. A forum like this can probably help you more there.
- Make a list of all utilities that you will use and and find out average costs in Singapore.
- Make a list of typical groceries that you buy and look online for th costs of similar products in Singapore.
- Make a list of any other costs that you may incur and find out specific costs in Singapore.
Total all of that up and add 15% for additional costs that come from moving.
If you do this, you will have an idea of your total costs. Then, you can decide whether the salary is good enough. The advice you got here is good. It depends on your lifestyle. Only you can answer that.
There, you have my two cents.