Singapore Expats Forum

LTVP for Mother-in-law. Plz Advise!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 10:01 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Frankly, you are not going to like this one bit. But, if you will think back, I've already alluded to this policy by the Gahmen as well as a means to control immigration of certain minorities which are currently higher than the accepted norm here.

I didn't want to go there, but you narrowed it down .. :D

A company, sponsoring the whole family, could find themselves stuck with a massive repatriation bill if the shinola turns to S**t. That what sponsorship means.

Which is what not many understand and go on the offensive for the company refusing to put a 'bloody simple stamp and a letter' ..

Well, if it was so, let me quote this friend of mine, who was strapped with a 10,000 $ fine, for 'just lending his IC to extend a girl's visa, and she is a honest and sincere girl .. ' etc. etc. the only problem was, nobody told my friend that lending an IC for the visa extension makes the person as a sponsor, and if the girl disappears/get caught in the wrong place, the sponsor gets hauled to court ... The girl just didn't tell him that she moonlighted in a KTV, and was caught ..

Well, now I don't bother trying to explain when some guys insist they are doing the right thing, by extending the visa girls they met here there and everywhere .. and sometimes for guys they meet in the church ..

Let them learn the lesson, instead of me being the bad guy for pointing out the possible outcome ...

PS: wonder what the OP is trying to make out of this pitter-patter... :D :D

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 11:12 pm

Thanks SMS and Ecureilx, I get the point now. I didnt know the company becomes liable for the persons they sponsor visa for. Now it makes sense.

Cheers!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 11:45 pm

revhappy wrote:Thanks SMS and Ecureilx, I get the point now. I didnt know the company becomes liable for the persons they sponsor visa for. Now it makes sense.

Cheers!

For sure, that's what 'sponsor' means.

Meanwhile I'd be interested to hear why my link that was so rapidly cast aside is not the answer :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 11:52 pm

JR8 wrote:Meanwhile I'd be interested to hear why my link that was so rapidly cast aside is not the answer :)

That ICA policy is only applicable for students, where the parents/grandparents are considered, for visa, but not for a grown up married man :D :D

Sort of the Peidu mama thing ...

Unless the OP can prove that he needs his mama ...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 11:55 pm

revhappy wrote:Thanks SMS and Ecureilx, I get the point now. I didnt know the company becomes liable for the persons they sponsor visa for. Now it makes sense.

Cheers!

Cool, so there is one more enlightened soul, who will not be loose with his / her IC, in giving sponsor letters and endorsements :D :D

For that matter, to think now, I also know one restaurant owner lady, who decided to extend the visa of a regular customer in her restaurant, and the restaurant owner lady spent 2 weeks in jail, and her husband divorced her and all drama, because the beneficiary who got the visa extended was caught in PP complex in China town in some police op ...

Cheers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 12:24 am

ecureilx wrote:
JR8 wrote:Meanwhile I'd be interested to hear why my link that was so rapidly cast aside is not the answer :)

That ICA policy is only applicable for students, where the parents/grandparents are considered, for visa, but not for a grown up married man :D :D

Sort of the Peidu mama thing ...

Unless the OP can prove that he needs his mama ...

OIC lol :lol:

Better say no more eh! :?

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 9:58 am

I think my company is really great... They sponsor the DP of my wife and gave me option to sponsor ltsvp of parents and in laws.