Singapore Expats Forum

EP & S-Pass Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
crez

EP & S-Pass Application

Postby crez » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 12:29 pm

Hi all, if an employer had put the application to be considered for both employment pass & s pass, would it shows up as only 'employment pass' in the application status under the pass type?

I had been studying in singapore for many years and gotten my bachelor degree as well.

I have previously been accepted to a job, $1800 salary, and given in-principal approval for s-pass but due to job disagreement, we agreed for it to be withdrawn.

After that, I was offered an accounting job with a pay of $1800 and so I had ticked to be only considered for s-pass. The co later told me that it was rejected with the reason given as did not meet the requirement. I thought that it might be because i did not major in accounting and hence, intend to pursue masters in accounting but my student pass was rejected.

I just found out that the pass type they applied for was employment pass and $1800 salary may be part of the reason i was rejected.

Is it possible?

With s-pass and student pass rejected record, is it very unlikely for me to be able to work in singapore anymore?

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 12:49 pm

As the salary for an EP has to currently be at least $2.5k that probably the main reason your application didn't meet the requirements.

crez

Postby crez » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 3:40 pm

Yes because of my salary i chose for S-pass only in the application form. I'm really confused whether the co had tried applying for both EP and S-Pass for me or just EP.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 3:52 pm

crez wrote:Yes because of my salary i chose for S-pass only in the application form. I'm really confused whether the co had tried applying for both EP and S-Pass for me or just EP.

errr .. do you suspect your employer ? in that case, don't try to work for that employer .. my 2 cents ..

And when you apply for EP, there is a coloumn that says "would you consider S Pass if EP is not succesful"

So .. you don't get much to choose, other than yes-no.

If the employer didn't want you on S Pass for various reasons, including levy - then talk to the employer ..