Singapore Expats Forum

Changing job before PR applicaton

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
eddiensw

Changing job before PR applicaton

Postby eddiensw » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:19 pm

Hi All

I(Malaysian 36 yo) have worked in Singapore under EP (P2) for the past 6 months. Basic Salary $4500 and monthly commission about $1500.

I have been thinking about trying my luck to submit PR application after the Election. Last week i have a new job offer that pays about $5500 may be about same commission.

If I accept the new job - and apply for PR after the Election - will my changes in job affect my chance of getting PR approved?

thank you in advance for your opinions

Regards
Eddie

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:55 pm

Nah. But you just need to hope the new EP is granted. Pending that, it should be a problem. They will either give PR or reject it. Same-Same!

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 9:04 am

As you've only been working in Singapore for 6 months I wouldn't waste your first PR application as it will most likely been rejected.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Changing job before PR applicaton

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 4:43 am

eddiensw wrote:If I accept the new job - and apply for PR after the Election - will my changes in job affect my chance of getting PR approved?

thank you in advance for your opinions

Regards
Eddie

Start working paying some taxes and contributing to CPF. Wait after the election as there will be a slew of new changes on the immgration policy. The writings are on the wall whether it will be implemented or not, I do not know.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!