Singapore Expats Forum

EP/StudentPass - Port of Entry

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
dave1981

EP/StudentPass - Port of Entry

Postby dave1981 » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 12:53 pm

hi,
i have a student pass. i have applied for ep and its approved. i haven't got by ep-card yet. its delayed due to an amendment.
i have to go to my home country for a couple-of days.
I am concerned a bit here. will there be a problem in the port of entry while i return back to Singapore.

Thanks, dave

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: EP/StudentPass - Port of Entry

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 1:46 pm

dave1981 wrote:hi,
i have a student pass. i have applied for ep and its approved. i haven't got by ep-card yet. its delayed due to an amendment.
I am concerned a bit here. will there be a problem in the port of entry while i return back to Singapore.

Thanks, dave

Dunno where you are from, and dunno where you are going, but if you head to MOM, and ask - they can chop a 14 day or 30 day extension ... if your story holds ..

But if you insist on going back home, well, what is the reason about your worrying about not being allowed back in ?? :(

dave1981

Postby dave1981 » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 1:53 pm

i am from india.
i am just going to visit my parents for a couple-of-days and will be back here in Singapore.
Thanks for the hint pal. Let me catch hold of mom to help me out!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 1:58 pm

dave1981 wrote:i am from india.
i am just going to visit my parents for a couple-of-days and will be back here in Singapore.
Thanks for the hint pal. Let me catch hold of mom to help me out!!

If I was in your position (and boy, I have been in your position more than once) I would rethink my priorities and put off visiting the parents ..

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: EP/StudentPass - Port of Entry

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 2:29 pm

dave1981 wrote:hi,

Thanks, dave

Mostly your IPA letter will have a Single Journey Visa that will allow you to enter Singapore.

Ask your employer to issue your EP Online. In that case it will have an additional letter (visa) which you can use to enter and exit Singapore till you collect your EP Card.

dave1981

Postby dave1981 » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 3:00 pm

@singaporeflyer. That's a good point. I shall ask the hr. Thank u.

@ecureilx. Believe me. I really would like to take that option of postponing. But the situation is forcing me to visit this time.

sriramkaza

SAME ISSUE

Postby sriramkaza » Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:39 am

Hi Do u got any letter to visist and come back to india , do u faced any issues in immrigration

dave1981

Postby dave1981 » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 8:12 pm

After a 5 hour long wait with the mom on last Friday, i finally got the pass.
I am back to Singapore now.

sriramkaza

Postby sriramkaza » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 8:49 pm

As You Have Pending Card Collection , Do You Asked MOM or Your company asked MOM for Visa, do u find any issues while travelling at Immrigration. You have Student Pass and Then EP for My case EP is still pending for Ammendment , will MOM issue a Mutiple entry pass untill i get EP,

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 8:58 pm

sriramkaza wrote:As You Have Pending Card Collection , Do You Asked MOM or Your company asked MOM for Visa, do u find any issues while travelling at Immrigration. You have Student Pass and Then EP for My case EP is still pending for Ammendment , will MOM issue a Mutiple entry pass untill i get EP,

When your EP is issued and when you have a pending card collection, you would not need a Visa, as the Visa would be present in the IPA letter (EP approval Letter). You can use that to enter and leave singapore, till you collect your EP card.

I think I have already highlighted this to you and you are reposting the same question in a different way.

sriramkaza

Postby sriramkaza » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks , Let me put question in this way

IPA has single Time Visa Ep Notification has Multiple Visa issued, i have already entered singapore . So now is Ep Notification Valid. Thanks you have cleared my doubts. I think it is By Ep Notification Only

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 9:57 pm

sriramkaza wrote:Thanks , Let me put question in this way

IPA has single Time Visa Ep Notification has Multiple Visa issued, i have already entered singapore . So now is Ep Notification Valid. Thanks you have cleared my doubts. I think it is By Ep Notification Only

If you are so confused, please call the MOM Help Desk and they will be able to guide you clearly.

May be you will be happy after you hear it directly from them. Any way it is good to confirm from them also.

sriramkaza

Postby sriramkaza » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 9:59 pm

Yes , Many Thanks i will Call MOM ,
Many thanks for your suggestion

sriramkaza

Postby sriramkaza » Sat, 16 Apr 2011 9:30 pm

Hello,
I have called up MOM and find i can travell with MOM Notification

sriramkaza

Postby sriramkaza » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 2:47 pm

Hi Dave,
What Happend to Ammendment of EP.