Singapore Expats Forum

Need ur opinions

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Ycp86

Need ur opinions

Postby Ycp86 » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 11:41 pm

Hi guys.. I need your opinion about PR

I'm an Indonesian, went to Shatec for my diploma, and got into relationship with my classmate, then got married to him, a singaporean.. We applied for our ROM a year ago and just applied for my pr not more than a month,

1. do u know how many percent of the chance to apply pr by married to a local now?
2. What are immigration pass i can take while waiting for my pr? Its very hard to maintain our relationship if i'm only holding short term visit pass..
3. Can i apply for employment pass while waiting?

Thanks in advance :)
N i appreciate for ur time to reply me

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Need ur opinions

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 11:45 pm

Ycp86 wrote:Hi guys.. I need your opinion about PR

I'm an Indonesian, went to Shatec for my diploma, and got into relationship with my classmate, then got married to him, a singaporean.. We applied for our ROM a year ago and just applied for my pr not more than a month,

1. do u know how many percent of the chance to apply pr by married to a local now?
2. What are immigration pass i can take while waiting for my pr? Its very hard to maintain our relationship if i'm only holding short term visit pass..
3. Can i apply for employment pass while waiting?

Thanks in advance :)
N i appreciate for ur time to reply me

I think you can apply for a LTSVP through your spouse? you can get upto 6 M to 1 year validity and be on this pass till you get your PR?

If you are planning to work , you can take up an EP or if you are going to study , you can take up a Student Pass.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 11:10 am

You can only get an EP if you find a company to employ you who will sponsor it (and if MOM deem you deserving of one), you can't just "take up" an EP you need to find the job first then apply, what qualifications do you have?

Ycp86

Postby Ycp86 » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 6:20 pm

Thanks for the replies...

Now im holding diploma from Shatec (singapore hotel association) from what i know can apply for s pass only ($1800 n above) and cant apply for working permit.. And its freaking difficult to find a job if you are a foreigner holding a diploma, i didnt know that salary for cooks in singapore would be very low... And they dont hire foreginers eventho we graduate from shatec

Any suggestion for working pass for diploma holder?

Can i apply for dependant pass? Btw, can i work with this long term visit pass?

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 6:27 pm

Ycp86 wrote:Can i apply for dependant pass? Btw, can i work with this long term visit pass?

1. No, because he is Singaporean.
2. No, because it is a social visit visa, not a work visa

Google is your friend

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 7:58 pm

I agree with all that has been said thus far, but must add one additional potential problem.

As you were a foreign student here, and subsequently married a Singaporean, it's a very good possibility you will be refused even a LTSVP. As the ICA may well see it as a marriage of convenience so you wouldn't have to return to Indonesia. However, if you are Indonesian Chinese you will stand a better chance of having success in getting the LTVP. This is not a racist comment, but a fair comment based on anecdotal evidence.

As noted, you need to find a position that will pay you a minimum of 1800/mo in order to get an S pass (2K better) but at the same time, frankly you will be lucky to find a position that pays more than 1200/mo which is WP territory. This is still okay as you were already married so it is of no consequence to the MOM and their permission to marry codicil.

Good Luck. (I have one nephew who is also a recent Shatec graduate as well) and another who is currently a chef with a local restaurant chain - but not a Shatec grad)