Singapore Expats Forum

Change of Address and Employer during PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pra

Change of Address and Employer during PR application

Postby pra » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 12:07 am

Hello all,
After applying for PR, I changed my job recently. Also residential address.

Though ICA states, they should be informed about both Change of Address, Change of Employer, no mention about the mode.
Can I just post filled forms and details with the Application Ref. Num ?
Or should I take appointment and go? (There's no option to get appointment for information update. Only PR Application).

Any one did the procedure, let me know.
Tried calling ICA contact. Its always busy !

Many thanks !

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 2:05 am

On line or in person with your ref number will be fine
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 10:24 am

if you change jobs, while PR is under review, ICA didn't approve that, and tended to reject the applications, as the employer is considered a sponsor, though ICA explicitly says otherwise .. (the endorsement part ..)

Not sure how ICA works now, but it would not hurt to call ICA and / or email them and seek help.

pra

Postby pra » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 2:29 pm

"If you change jobs, while PR is under review, ICA didn't approve that, and tended to reject the applications, as the employer is considered a sponsor.."

But they have an answer for such a FAQ ! :- Submit the Annex part (employer part) if you change employer...
FAQ section has:
24. I have changed employment after submitting my SPR application/receiving my SPR approval. Will it affect the status of my SPR application?
If your SPR application is still under processing, please submit your new work pass togther with the Annex A (to be filled up by your new employer) for our consideration.If your SPR application has been approved, please submit your new work pass together with EP152 (to be filled up by your new employer) for our consideration.

".. but it would not hurt to call ICA and / or email them .. "

I could not get their e-mail, their contact number was always busy !
That's why I wanted to know if any1 has experience on this !!!

Thanks !

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 2:50 pm

pra wrote:"If you change jobs, while PR is under review, ICA didn't approve that, and tended to reject the applications, as the employer is considered a sponsor.."

But they have an answer for such a FAQ ! :- Submit the Annex part (employer part) if you change employer...
FAQ section has:
24. I have changed employment after submitting my SPR application/receiving my SPR approval. Will it affect the status of my SPR application?
If your SPR application is still under processing, please submit your new work pass togther with the Annex A (to be filled up by your new employer) for our consideration.If your SPR application has been approved, please submit your new work pass together with EP152 (to be filled up by your new employer) for our consideration.

Now, if you read my reply carefully, I have said, from what I know, despite such assurance, and words to that effect, and considerations, ICA tended to void applications where the candidate changed jobs, while the processing is going on .. But, if have already changed job - you could pray hard .. and pray that ICA changed the words that "WILL BE" instead of the decorative "maybe .. "

Thanks !

What I wrote is from what I learnt from seeing scores of my friends/colleagues, and people I know - when they applied PR with a substantial amount of approvals and rejectiions ..

If you email ICA, they do reply back, within 10 days .. :D :D

or as MS says, Online or In person !!! If you are looking for a lazy way - I got none ..

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 2:54 pm

pra wrote:

Thanks !

If you goggle you can find the direct email address of staff within the PR department. I'm not going to post on her email address as that's not the done thing.

pra

Postby pra » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 12:25 am

Thanks !.

At last my call was hit.