Singapore Expats

Friday Night Social

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
SLVR

Friday Night Social

Post by SLVR » Mon, 04 Apr 2011 9:44 am

Having both read posts and posted myself the general view I am getting is that people are keen to meet other people and make some new friends....a bold summary I know but what I am pretty confident making!

Suggestion - post work / social meeting Friday night for anyone who would like to simply make some new friends...couples, singles, male, female etc

If interested drop me a note/pm, carrier pigeon whatever works and I can get a rough idea of numbers....helps with venue selection!

S.

SLVR

Post by SLVR » Mon, 04 Apr 2011 12:58 pm

OK my confidence is waning somewhat.....no replies....hmmmmm

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 Apr 2011 1:13 pm

Why don't you use the facilities already in place? The FNDC :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SLVR

Post by SLVR » Mon, 04 Apr 2011 1:19 pm

thanks for the heads-up, will use it going forward...although doubt I will have to with the overwhelming lack of responses!

IndependantParty

Post by IndependantParty » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 4:25 pm

Hi S, what do you have in mind? dinner? movie? FNDC goes drinking and I am not a big drinker, I guess there should be other people who like to do something else on a Friday nite instead of just drinking?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 4:51 pm

Last I checked, it wasn't a requirement that you drink at the FNDC. In fact, I used to love going to bars, but I was a teetotaler until I was 27. I just like the social atmosphere. I don't need to get high to have a good time. You don't either. In fact, by not going to these things, you severely curtail your opportunities of meeting interesting people who may well be up for other activities but for lack of meeting suitable people, end up there themselves. :wink:

Edited to correct contraction that didn't contract! :x
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Thu, 07 Apr 2011 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

IndependantParty

Post by IndependantParty » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 11:08 pm

Well, I do go clubbing to dance, not just keep on drinking, and trying to find some topic to start a conversation, that can be so so boring. And I enjoy live bands. Places like St James, Arena have live bands and also dance area. And people out there, please don't tell me you are too old to dance. You are as old as you think you are :)

charliecookson

Post by charliecookson » Tue, 19 Apr 2011 2:34 pm

Hi mate,

Not sure about many of these replies, but Im game for a few beers, off to Bali on Fri this week, but could do a beer tonight or tomorrow if youre up for it?

Cheers,

Charlie

varuntomar
Regular
Regular

Post by varuntomar » Tue, 19 Apr 2011 8:51 pm

i am up for some beer tomorrow in case you didnt go today :-)
Keep Rocking !
Varun

MyStoryScene

Post by MyStoryScene » Tue, 07 Jun 2011 5:43 am

Hey!!
I'm out for any drinking or social event. hehe

Do email me such event, i'd be there!

[email protected]
cant seems to PM hpmf .