Singapore Expats Forum

any body know about it ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ahmed786

any body know about it ?

Postby ahmed786 » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 5:59 am

Hi how's everybody here i hope every one is fine shine
since i join you guys that's my 1st post .I'm really confused hope i will get some help from you , well i think i need to come to the point before you get bored reading my post lol
I was student last time in Malaysia i forget to tell you .I'm basically from Pakistan yeah I'm Pakistani citizen i was studying in Malaysia
I used to be travel to Singapore since my uncle got business so mostly i spend my holidays there ohh god I'm making it too long
let me make it short i meet one girl Singaporean Muslim almost after one year we get married our marriage is also registered in Singapore
which make me so much confused we apply for long term pas
after one month we check the status is not successful
i was in singapore on short visit pas
we got extend for anther month n re appeal but again same after 3 extenuation the immigration lady told us i must leave singapore n come back again
but once i leave singapore n apply for short visit pas they reject
i was so shock before i marry to her i been to singapore almost 15 time but once i marry i even cant get short visit pas ???????????
she is working under GOV her monthly pay is almost 6k can any one please tell me why like that ? is there anything ? cuz i stay there on short visit past 3 month that's y ?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 7:03 am

It looks to me like your marriage is one of convenience. I'm sure the government are looking at it the same way. Once you have been married for a couple of years and have a child or two, maybe. Just maybe, the ICA will allow you to come in on an LTVP. Otherwise, you will have to find a job here and get an employment pass like everybody else. Once here on an EP then you can work on getting PR under the family ties scheme (or PTS scheme).

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: any body know about it ?

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 3:33 pm

ahmed786 wrote:
which make me so much confused we apply for long term pas
after one month we check the status is not successful
i was in singapore on short visit pas
we got extend for anther month n re appeal but again same after 3 extenuation the immigration lady told us i must leave singapore n come back again
but once i leave singapore n apply for short visit pas they reject
i was so shock before i marry to her i been to singapore almost 15 time but once i marry i even cant get short visit pas ???????????
she is working under GOV her monthly pay is almost 6k can any one please tell me why like that ? is there anything ? cuz i stay there on short visit past 3 month that's y ?

How did you apply for LTSVP. ? Did your spouse sponsor you ?
Did she show proof of income ?
I am guessing here but did you work in Singapore before ?
Did you seek clarification of marriage with ICA and did they state reason for rejection ?
Your last short visit pass was rejected because you have too many run in on the immigration. You have to return to the point of departure i.e Pakistan. Come back after a month, you will get 30 days again.
Your spouse must do the legwork now. Go to ICA to seek clarification for LTSVP rejection.
Are you working or studying now? in Singapore or Malaysia?
Lastly may I know what is your wife age ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ahmed786

thanks for reply

Postby ahmed786 » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:45 pm

1st of all thank you so much for your taking time n reply to me
yeah she is the one sponsor and we proof her income also
last time we went to ICA and ask for reason the officer said we cant tell
what is the reason just she said that
there one anther malay office lady she said maybe u go to MP of ur area
and write latter maybe its work ?
about me last time in singapore i used to travel as a visitor i been almost more then 15 time since 2008 since my study finish in Malaysia i come back to my home country I'm going to uk soon for my MBA but what's makes me so much worried how em gonna see my wife ? what is this all crap what kind of role i didt saw all over the world any kind of role even in USA, Canada, Europe anywhere ??????????????
some body told me once u are in singapore on ur short visit pas and if u stay there more then 90 days ? next time u want to apply again u have to wait for 6 month ? before u apply ? any info abt it ?
her age is 40
n she is able to sponsor cuz her monthly pay is almost s$6k

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: thanks for reply

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 4:43 am

ahmed786 wrote:what is this all crap what kind of role i didt saw all over the world any kind of role even in USA, Canada, Europe anywhere ??????????????

Are you plonking me for trying to help ? me ? really me ?

some body told me once u are in singapore on ur short visit pas and if u stay there more then 90 days ? next time u want to apply again u have to wait for 6 month ? before u apply ? any info abt it ?

Don't wanna know if you are plonking me

The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 6:11 am

ahmed786 wrote:1st of all thank you so much for your taking time n reply to me
about me last time in singapore i used to travel as a visitor i been almost more then 15 time since 2008 since my study finish in Malaysia i come back to my home country I'm going to uk soon for my MBA but what's makes me so much worried how em gonna see my wife ? what is this all crap what kind of role i didt saw all over the world any kind of role even in USA, Canada, Europe anywhere ??????????????
her age is 40

You say you're going to go to the UK to do an MBA, and yet you seem to be rather challenged to write coherent English.

How do you reconcile the two?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 7:02 am

It's probably one of those shady twinned programmes like they have up at sunway college in malaysia. They might be twinned, but they ain't the same, that's for sure. distance degrees aren't looked upon very favourably by the MOM here. In fact, recently we found out that NONE that are twinned with a certain middle eastern country are approved for consideration. ........

Ginner-Sg

Postby Ginner-Sg » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 10:52 am

JR8 wrote:
her age is 40

You say you're going to go to the UK to do an MBA, and yet you seem to be rather challenged to write coherent English.

MBA completed in 12 mths linked to The University of Grimsby. Why waste your money. You are going to be taking MBA with a level of English that would only just see you pass High School. And as for going to the UK, i think you would find it very hard to get a Student Visa now.
:shock:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 3:39 pm

There is a University of Grimsby?

My earlier point was a serious one though. I recall going to an MBA evening at City University London. The idea being that the evening allowed one to judge for yourself whether the course and faculty were right for you. It included several examples/self-tests of the skill-levels that were required.

The long and short of it was my poor English grammar alone was enough for them to advise me 'not to bother'.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 3:48 pm

Ginner-Sg wrote:
JR8 wrote:
her age is 40

MBA completed in 12 mths linked to The University of Grimsby. Why waste your money. You are going to be taking MBA with a level of English that would only just see you pass High School. And as for going to the UK, i think you would find it very hard to get a Student Visa now.

Majority of MBA's in the UK are not really for the sake of an "MBA". They are actually terrrrrrrrrrrific value for money.

Consider this: 1 year MBA in non-top tier university costs like less than 10k Pounds. You work part time and you can meet the living expenses. You can choose a university as far away as scotland.Then you get a 2 year work visa and can do any kind of work anywhere in the UK and easily earn back much much more than the 1 year MBA investment by doing any kind of a job

This loop hole was exploited all this while until recently the gahmen there has tighten the screws and the 2 year work visa is no longer available. This is not just bad news for the economic immigrants. Its also bad news for most of the universities there that were surviving on the basis of foreign student's higher fees.

ahmed786

Postby ahmed786 » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 4:00 pm

what you guyz talking abt ?
why you just mixed the topic ? can you come to the point

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Postby Barnsley » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 4:03 pm

revhappy wrote:
Ginner-Sg wrote:
JR8 wrote:
her age is 40

Majority of MBA's in the UK are not really for the sake of an "MBA". They are actually terrrrrrrrrrrific value for money.

Consider this: 1 year MBA in non-top tier university costs like less than 10k Pounds. You work part time and you can meet the living expenses. You can choose a university as far away as scotland.Then you get a 2 year work visa and can do any kind of work anywhere in the UK and easily earn back much much more than the 1 year MBA investment by doing any kind of a job

This loop hole was exploited all this while until recently the gahmen there has tighten the screws and the 2 year work visa is no longer available. This is not just bad news for the economic immigrants. Its also bad news for most of the universities there that were surviving on the basis of foreign student's higher fees.

I suspect the Uni of Grimsby doesnt fall in to this category though ...... Upside is you might be able to work part time at the fish finger factory (assuming it still exists) :)
Life is short, paddle harder!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 4:11 pm

Barnsley wrote:I suspect the Uni of Grimsby doesnt fall in to this category though ...... Upside is you might be able to work part time at the fish finger factory (assuming it still exists) :)

I suspect you are right! My initial thought was that it sounded like something from a Bernard Manning joke! :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 4:36 pm

ahmed786 wrote:what you guyz talking abt ?
why you just mixed the topic ? can you come to the point

I'm just curious, but why would you get newly married, try to get an LTVP for Singapore, despite planning to go and do an MBA in the UK? Why go to the UK when you could do the course in SG/Malaysia, be with your new wife, and your proficiency in English might be less of an issue?

p.s. I've just had a thought, and hope you don't mind be mentioning it. I wonder if ICA looked at your wife's age and made a judgment on the likelihood of her having children. If they thought it unlikely, maybe granting you an LTVP was nothing more than giving you residency with nothing obvious being returned to Singapore (taxes, children etc)

Ginner-Sg

Postby Ginner-Sg » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 6:53 pm

JR8 wrote:There is a University of Grimsby?

My earlier point was a serious one though. I recall going to an MBA evening at City University London. The idea being that the evening allowed one to judge for yourself whether the course and faculty were right for you. It included several examples/self-tests of the skill-levels that were required.

The long and short of it was my poor English grammar alone was enough for them to advise me 'not to bother'.

Sorry guys, i was messing. What i was getting at was the fact that it could be called anything. And no i don't think there is a uni in Grimsby. All in all studying in the UK, for a student from a different country is soooooooooo hard and more to the point you are from Pakistan, which would raise eyebrows cause of your age. :shock: