Singapore Expats Forum

Can't provide renounce doc., what will happened?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
myworry

Can't provide renounce doc., what will happened?

Postby myworry » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:07 pm

Hi.. can anybody advise me if I can't provide my original country renounce doc. to singapore immigration will they take back my IC and passport..pls help me, I am very worry and don't know what will happend?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 1:05 pm

I'm afraid you are not making any sense. Why would you have a renounce doc (what is it anyway). If you have a Singapore Passport and IC why would they take it away? The renounce document should have been given to your embassy anyway.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 1:06 pm

What 2nd citizenship, when, why? Why can't you provide documents?
You have some explaining to do.

It all smells a little fishy, already.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Can't provide renounce doc., what will happened?

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 1:28 pm

myworry wrote:Hi.. can anybody advise me if I can't provide my original country renounce doc. to singapore immigration will they take back my IC and passport..pls help me, I am very worry and don't know what will happend?

Not to worry. Go back to your own Embassy in Singapore and seek assistance there to get a signed declaration to that effect. This may take longer that it should.
Alternatively go back to your home country and get it from your Citizen Advise Bureau or Your country Immigration Department.

ICA will allow you grace period to show proof. Cannot recall time line but I think it is one month from taking up SG citizenship
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 2:34 pm

myworry wrote:Hi.. can anybody advise me if I can't provide my original country renounce doc. to singapore immigration will they take back my IC and passport..pls help me, I am very worry and don't know what will happend?

You should submit certificate of renouncing original citizenship before you get your Singapore citizenship.....

What did you do wrong?? Are you sure you did not already hand it in??

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 2:38 pm

FaeLLe wrote:

You should submit certificate of renouncing original citizenship before you get your Singapore citizenship.....

Thats funny. So lets say, you renounce your Indian citizenship and then apply for SG citizenship and if you dont get it what nationality are you?lol. Reminds me of Tom Hanks in Terminal. :D

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 5:36 pm

revhappy wrote:
FaeLLe wrote:

Thats funny. So lets say, you renounce your Indian citizenship and then apply for SG citizenship and if you dont get it what nationality are you?lol. Reminds me of Tom Hanks in Terminal. :D

Based on my research the process goes like this,
- apply for SG citizenship
- SG cit approved in principle and will be given subject to producing renunciation of old citizenship proof ( they also punch hole in blue ic)
- op goes to consulate of original citizenship and renounces, cancels ppt an gets proof
- takes proof to ice and they give certificate of SG citizenship
- you can user SG citiz Cert to apply for ppt
- you complete oath takin ceremony and them get pink ic

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 6:08 pm

My researcxh show da follow

- Leeb Singapo
- Kinda reali it still ok lah
- berry happi ah
- dam gubment on yo arse try make you retun ah