Singapore Expats Forum

Pending REP renewal for more than a month

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
winhtike

Pending REP renewal for more than a month

Postby winhtike » Thu, 24 Mar 2011 3:43 pm

Dear all,

I've got a situation whereby my REP renewal online application is taking more than a month. after today, my REP will be expired and i cannot fly overseas anymore..

I asked ICA 3 times but all i get is my application is refered to relevant agency and waiting for their approval. I got worried.

I'm not worried bcos my REP cannot get renewed. I got worried bcos they might call me up and revoke my PR. Then I have to sell my HDB, may shatter my married life here..

Do any of you experience such an ordeal, waited for more than a month for renewal of REP, etc? Please advise me since I don't know what to do now.

Thank you.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 24 Mar 2011 3:49 pm

Some additional info needed

1)Were you able to supply your last 3 years Tax returns and CPF contributions?

2) Did you get your PR under the PTS scheme or through Spouse?

3) Did you got married after becoming PR?

4) What residency status is your wife?

5) Any children?

winhtike

Postby winhtike » Thu, 24 Mar 2011 4:01 pm

Hi,

I'm workin in SG for last 7yrs after i finished my poly diploma.
I got PR under PTS scheme.
Yes. I married to PR wife. now no children yet.

For more info, I was involved in sensitive case last 4 yrs ago. in 2010, i applied to renew REP, waited for a month and got 1 yr REP. now.. more than a month n REP is expiring..

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Mar 2011 5:27 pm

If you were given a 1 year REP, sounds like they might have given you some guidelines as to why or what needed to be corrected. If whatever it was has not been accomplished, then you might be going home or allowed to remain and working as an EP holder. Good luck. It sounds like you might need it.

winhtike

Postby winhtike » Thu, 24 Mar 2011 5:43 pm

Hi SMS,

no guidelines were given. They said in email they have decided to give me 1 yr REP. tat's it.

But as long as i dun travel out (i can't anyway), i will remain as PR and re-apply for REP if rejected. contact my MP and appeal to ICA. tat's all i can do.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Pending REP renewal for more than a month

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 5:57 am

winhtike wrote:Dear all,

I've got a situation whereby my REP renewal online application is taking more than a month. after today, my REP will be expired and i cannot fly overseas anymore..

This is quite normal. If I can assist please answer this ques.
1. Your case is it criminal ? Petty or serious ?
2. Indicted or not or sentenced in court
3. If you have not been sentenced has you record been cleared by the relevant authority. If you need to reveal it privately PM me and we can from there

I asked ICA 3 times but all i get is my application is refered to relevant agency and waiting for their approval. I got worried.

I'm not worried bcos my REP cannot get renewed. I got worried bcos they might call me up and revoke my PR. Then I have to sell my HDB, may shatter my married life here..

Thank you.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

winhtike

Re: Pending REP renewal for more than a month

Postby winhtike » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 5:24 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
winhtike wrote:Dear all,

This is quite normal. If I can assist please answer this ques.
1. Your case is it criminal ? Petty or serious ?
2. Indicted or not or sentenced in court
3. If you have not been sentenced has you record been cleared by the relevant authority. If you need to reveal it privately PM me and we can from there

Thank you.

Hi MS, I cannot PM u since i dun have enuf posts in this forum.
1) my case is sensitive rather than serious.
2) no court sentence nor fine. jus let off with warning
3) ICA still keeps my record. I asked them aldy.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 26 Mar 2011 2:15 am

Post again in the open and you are good to go. You need 5 post to PM
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

winhtike

Postby winhtike » Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:58 am

MS.. I've post my reply above..

Any opinion? Thks

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 27 Mar 2011 8:52 am

winhtike wrote:MS.. I've post my reply above..

Any opinion? Thks

:???: :???: :???:

Now I am confused. You want to do this under wraps or in the open.

If in the open if you have to spill it out what crime or citation you have been given by the law
If you are not keen on going thru this in the open, you have already got 5 post. SO PM me and we will go from there on what really happen to you