Singapore Expats Forum

FIN number allotted, but EP/SPass status pending..PLS ADVISE

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Mumbaikar_Me

FIN number allotted, but EP/SPass status pending..PLS ADVISE

Postby Mumbaikar_Me » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

I moved into Singapore last November due to a lot of family problems and I'm put up with my love(a Singaporean) here. I got a multiple entry social visit pass and I've been exiting Singapore every month to get an extension for another 30 days. I've been waiting for all my original certificates from Mumbai University and got them this February !

I've done my B.E in Computers from Mumbai University, India. I've a brief 8 months' experience as a software developer, all from India. I've been trying to find a job here and just my email's sent items got filled up :(

As I'm ready to just start with any job here, I contacted some agents and one of them found an Admin Assistant job for me. He or his partner-employer applied an EP/Spass for me on the 14th March, 2011. The status check shows the following:

Foreigner's Particulars

FIN : GXXXXXXXM
Name : XXX
Application No. : XXXX
Date of Application : 14/03/2011
Pass Type : EMPLOYMENT PASS
Pass Category : -

I've been wondering, the allotment of the FIN, does it mean that my application will eventually be approved(or approved already)?

I'm desperate to settle down here(with a job) with my love soon..hope things fall in place soon !

Sorry had I put too much in my post...thanks in advance for all your time and replies !

PLEASE DO ADVISE :)
Last edited by Mumbaikar_Me on Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow !

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:48 pm

please remove ur FIN and also the application number. it is not safe to display them in a public forum. Surely not approved as the status says pending. wait for 1-2 weeks and there are chances that it might get approved

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:51 pm

FIN number doesn't mean anything. Just means you have been assigned an ID number for processing purposes. You make it, it does become your FIN. You don't make it, it becomes the reference number for your file and any appeals you might choose to make.

PS: You really ought not to publish personal details in a public forum... any public forum. You don't know who is reading or why.

My view is that in the current climate your application will not be successful, and I may be wrong.

Mumbaikar_Me

Postby Mumbaikar_Me » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:13 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:FIN number doesn't mean anything. Just means you have been assigned an ID number for processing purposes. You make it, it does become your FIN. You don't make it, it becomes the reference number for your file and any appeals you might choose to make.

PS: You really ought not to publish personal details in a public forum... any public forum. You don't know who is reading or why.

My view is that in the current climate your application will not be successful, and I may be wrong.

Thanks a lot for such a quick and informative reply ! :)
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow !

Mumbaikar_Me

Postby Mumbaikar_Me » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:14 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:please remove ur FIN and also the application number. it is not safe to display them in a public forum. Surely not approved as the status says pending. wait for 1-2 weeks and there are chances that it might get approved

Thanks a lot for your advice ! :)

Mumbaikar_Me

Postby Mumbaikar_Me » Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:04 am

Guys, has anyone been in the same situation as me before? what was the outcome?

Any more suggestions, please?

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:27 am

BE in Computer Science and 8 months experience as a software developer. Now you have applied for an admin assistant position. That would sound a pretty desperate bid to set foot in the country. I would be surprised if your EP will be granted.

My advice, look for a position that matches your qualification and experience and you will have slightly better chances.

Mumbaikar_Me

Postby Mumbaikar_Me » Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:50 am

revhappy wrote:BE in Computer Science and 8 months experience as a software developer. Now you have applied for an admin assistant position. That would sound a pretty desperate bid to set foot in the country. I would be surprised if your EP will be granted.

My advice, look for a position that matches your qualification and experience and you will have slightly better chances.

Admin assistant with some computer work was what the agent told me...just curious, the agencies and the agents(who charge huge) are they really of any help here in Singapore?

p.s: I'm quite desperate to settle down here.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:08 pm

Mumbaikar_Me wrote:
revhappy wrote:BE in Computer Science and 8 months experience as a software developer. Now you have applied for an admin assistant position. That would sound a pretty desperate bid to set foot in the country. I would be surprised if your EP will be granted.

Admin assistant with some computer work was what the agent told me...just curious, the agencies and the agents(who charge huge) are they really of any help here in Singapore?

With a Bachelor of Engineering degree and a software development experience, I dont think you should be so desperate to stoop down to an admin assistant's level. You are screwing up your career in the long run. Singapore is not the country that is worth doing that. I would rather take up a master's degree and doing some part time job if I really wanted to stay here or continue working in India and get couple of more years of experience before setting foot here and meanwhile visit girl friend every month or so and girl friend visits you in Mumbai alternatively.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Mon, 21 Mar 2011 3:36 pm

Mumbaikar_Me wrote:Admin assistant with some computer work was what the agent told me...just curious, the agencies and the agents(who charge huge) are they really of any help here in Singapore?

Just for your information... I hope the agents are charging the employers and not you.

Just refuse to pay once you get the job if you get employed. It is illegal in Singapore for a recruiter to charge the employee, they are only allowed to charge the employer recruitment and employment fees.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 Mar 2011 4:55 pm

Faelle,

I'm pretty sure that the OP has already been screwed by the agent. The statement in the first post is the give-away.

He or his partner-employer applied an EP/Spass for me on the 14th March, 2011. The status check shows the following:

If the agent mentioned that his partner-employer applied, it generally means there is an underhanded agreement between an agent in the OP's country (who is probably the point man) and an agency here in Singapore. There's lots of cash sharing between the two and no records kept. This way the local agent takes a hefty cut (if not the majority) of the fees the the in-country agents received from the jobseeker. Meanwhile, the local Singapore agent also gets their fee from the client as well. There are lots of agents like that here in Singapore unfortunately.

Of course, once they've got the money, there obviously wasn't any refund clause if the employment pass was unsuccessful. I'd almost bet money on it.