Singapore Expats

iPad or iPad2?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
SingLife

Post by SingLife » Sat, 19 Mar 2011 5:12 pm

i decided

i went

i asked

i came back empty handed :x :x :x

i t was out of stock

stevie wonder is more smarter than i thought. Only high end versions are available

i wait for the ipad2 :mad: :mad: :mad:

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Sat, 19 Mar 2011 5:15 pm

Just wait for the iPad2, it should be out here in several weeks' time.

cleene

Post by cleene » Mon, 28 Mar 2011 2:03 pm

I think, go for iPad 1 muna, tested na, and matagal na sa market mas mura pa

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 28 Mar 2011 2:23 pm

Hey Nak, one of your mates? Or can I bust him?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 28 Mar 2011 2:35 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hey Nak, one of your mates? Or can I bust him?
Let's wait and see first but have Mjolnir ready.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bigfilsing » Sun, 03 Apr 2011 11:44 pm

IPAD 1 OR 2
youre paying 1 K for 300 dollar technology

Just get real wiil ya . wanna be tied down to apple store ( and absolutely nothing else ) and pay through the nose then get an iPad but don't come here asking for opinions that you pray will justify your purchase

Over rated piece of crap . Read the web girls

kewellz

Post by kewellz » Mon, 04 Apr 2011 2:32 pm

ask yourself if u need the additional features from iPad 1! :P

James-83

Post by James-83 » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 2:21 pm

ev-disinfection wrote:For me, i am waiting for Microsoft to create something better than apple's IPAD.....

I was happy when the US started IRAQ, and now, i hope that don't come up with IRAQ 2.... :shock: :P
Nokia and Microsoft are apparently working on some sort of tablet.

Its about time both of these companies started to compete again, they seem to have let Apple and Google completely cain them

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 3:31 pm

James-83 wrote:
ev-disinfection wrote:For me, i am waiting for Microsoft to create something better than apple's IPAD.....

I was happy when the US started IRAQ, and now, i hope that don't come up with IRAQ 2.... :shock: :P
Nokia and Microsoft are apparently working on some sort of tablet.

Its about time both of these companies started to compete again, they seem to have let Apple and Google completely cain them
I think HP and RIM would beat them to the punch first, with their tablets just around the corner. :?

kingw

Post by kingw » Sat, 23 Apr 2011 9:32 am

From what I understand the ipad2 is fine internationally for wifi, and it doesn't matter where it's bought right?

not to hijack the thread, but I'm thinking of getting on for myself as a going away from USA present and didn't know if I should get it here or in Singapore.

I've been told it has an international warranty. If I purchase the GSM one I could probably find a data supplier at a cost?

Any insights?

Thank you,
-b

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Sat, 23 Apr 2011 4:55 pm

Anything Apple you definitely want to buy in the US, not here.

Make sure you get the 3G version so that you can pop in a local SIM card over here for data. All three networks here have pre-paid cards available for the iPad (or you can sign a contract instead if you want). I pay $32 for 60 days' worth of data (limited at 2 or 2.5GB of transfer), but I never use that much because when at home the iPad automatically uses the home wifi network.

SingLife

Post by SingLife » Wed, 04 May 2011 4:00 pm

Got my ipad2 16GB wi-fi. First day first show.

Somewhat surprised by the low quality of the wi-fi reception in ipad2. All wi-fi devices work perfectly , even ipod/ iphone but you go to another room and there is no wi-fi. Now coming to learn this is a major issue in ipad2, only after buying it. Like buying an SUV that gives 20 miles on full tank. The mainstream media just blacked out this huge problem in ipad. pages & pages on this issue in apple forums

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/23 ... 0&tstart=0

Its not a software problem. It clearly seems low quality hardware problem. Even guys at Apple Stores in Sg know that. But say can't do anything about it.

"We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! One day we will celebrate our Independence Day......from Apple :x :x :x

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 04 May 2011 4:38 pm

SingLife wrote: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! One day we will celebrate our Independence Day......from Apple :x :x :x
would've been easy if you didn't get an ipad in the first place.

Eric 35

Post by Eric 35 » Thu, 05 May 2011 2:26 pm

IPad 2 has far better features than the previous model, but then it's more for entertainment .like for instance garage band(rocks wei)lol. If your a basic user then get the 1st version infact it's value for money now. In my case I am still keeping the 1st generation , will wait for the 3rd one :D 8-)

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Thu, 05 May 2011 5:19 pm

V2 is better for browsing the web as you can open up several windows and switch between them seamlessly. With the first iPad if you opened up too many windows then switching between them always forced a reload of the page, which made browsing annoying.

Apart from that I'm not too impressed with the iPad2 over the original iPad. I mean it's a nice re-design, a more powerful processor, and if you're new to the iPad then definitely get the new one. But for someone who's already got one I don't think an upgrade to V2 makes much sense...

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”