Singapore Expats Forum

Neighbours maid

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 29 Mar 2011 5:25 pm

kwassieannie wrote:I was walking my little furry girl when I came across young girl child, maid and snooty well dressed grandmother. Poor unfortunate maid made the silly mistake of walking in from of said child....Nasty girl slammed the poor maid in the stomach several times and made motions to the maid to walk behind. Gawd I could not help myself and I was shocked into loudy telling the girl child she was a horrible disgusting child and she should be ashamed of her actions. Snooty grandmother just stood there like stone.
My husband then told me I had probably made things worse for the poor maid. Seems they were visiting people here at the condo as I found out after trying to get info so I could report them to MOM. Bugga.....I still wonder about the poor maid

The local Chinese has this mentality "See No Evil, Touch No Evil" I do not say all of them but majority of them.
For a child to do that, the parents or elders must have done it in front of the child hence the child imitates it. Knowing full well that it is alright and the child will not be punish. I blame the parents for the child behaviour
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Tue, 29 Mar 2011 5:30 pm

Yeah Ex-pat, nice thoughts but you might as well start a campaign 'Be nice to your slave'.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 29 Mar 2011 5:31 pm

You all must have seen the pictures that's doing the rounds of a NSman in uniform being followed by a maid carrying service backpack!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 29 Mar 2011 6:17 pm

JR8 wrote:Yeah Ex-pat, nice thoughts but you might as well start a campaign 'Be nice to your slave'.

or contribution to TWC2 or Home is welcome .. :D :D

With only a few hundred IPCs, we need a few more VVOs so you can get totally scared to step out on Saturdays as every saturday is a flag day for VVOs ..

PS: I do pay my time with my chosen VVO in case somebody jumps at me .. :)

ex-pat
Regular
Regular

Postby ex-pat » Tue, 29 Mar 2011 8:34 pm

Saint wrote:You all must have seen the pictures that's doing the rounds of a NSman in uniform being followed by a maid carrying service backpack!

Ive read that...i just hope that in the near future SG soldiers who go to war wont bring their own maid with them to carry their guns....

Just shoot me if you hate my comment on this :?

ex-pat
Regular
Regular

Postby ex-pat » Tue, 29 Mar 2011 8:37 pm

JR8 wrote:Yeah Ex-pat, nice thoughts but you might as well start a campaign 'Be nice to your slave'.

If only i can walk down Orchard road and carry a banner saying " Be nice to your slave'

In the Philippines you can do that, unfortunately not here.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 29 Mar 2011 8:49 pm

ex-pat wrote:

If only i can walk down Orchard road and carry a banner saying " Be nice to your slave'

Just print shirts instead.

ex-pat
Regular
Regular

Postby ex-pat » Wed, 30 Mar 2011 1:31 pm

nakatago wrote:
ex-pat wrote:

Just print shirts instead.

@ Nakatago that is a very brilliant idea :D :D :D