Singapore Expats Forum

Travel Around Asia in April

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
Hammer91

Travel Around Asia in April

Postby Hammer91 » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 3:52 pm

Hello my name is Jaime and i am 22 from Sydney...looking to travel around a lot of asia in this month and looking for travel buddies...let me know if you are keen and we can meet up and talk about it im in singapore and looking to go around china, south korea and even some trekking in the jungles.

Jaime
Young and Naive

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Travel Around Asia in April

Postby alittlerisky » Fri, 01 Feb 2013 6:11 pm

Hammer91 wrote:Hello my name is Jaime and i am 22 from Sydney...looking to travel around a lot of asia in this month and looking for travel buddies...let me know if you are keen and we can meet up and talk about it im in singapore and looking to go around china, south korea and even some trekking in the jungles.

Jaime

Heyups,

I was thinking of going to Nagaland, it a small Indian state in the very north east of india, south of Bhutan, on the border with Myanmar some time in April to see my family for a coupe of weeks. My mothers side of the family are from there (father a Dubliner).

If you want to try to get there you'll get free accomodation and free food for a couple of weeks. Its basically hill/jungle country, hometown is pretty small (Kohima). I generally go hunting as a pastime when I'm there. .303 rifle and a coule of pistols, genarally .38s or .44s (for final kill). Or just mess arounf with my uncles and cousins in town or in the hills. Headhunting country, as recently as 1940s....

It is a bit hard to get to. Basically, Newhli to either Gauhati then on to Dimapur ot direct New Dehli to Dimapur. There no airport in Nagaland. So then a 4-5 hour drive (altho the distance is less then 100) jy jeep to Kohima, or we can drop of at my coffee farm along the way.

Send me a PM if you're interested. Its the arse end of nowhere, but I like it.

Toodles

M
Who? What? How? Why? Where? When? Merde...

deckd19

Postby deckd19 » Fri, 10 May 2013 1:43 pm

Hi Jaime trekking in the jungles its a good idea.