Singapore Expats Forum

any EP approvals over the past two months?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
retainna
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 13 Mar 2011

any EP approvals over the past two months?

Postby retainna » Sun, 13 Mar 2011 3:00 pm

hi, everyone, my EP was rejected last Fri. I was wondering if it's because of the election?

I've heard that the election affects a lot. Can anyone tell me if any EP approvals over the past two months? don't need to tell any job details, just need to tell me when your EP got approved. Thanks a lot!!! :)

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11110
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: any EP approvals over the past two months?

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 13 Mar 2011 4:00 pm

retainna wrote:hi, everyone, my EP was rejected last Fri. I was wondering if it's because of the election?

I've heard that the election affects a lot. Can anyone tell me if any EP approvals over the past two months? don't need to tell any job details, just need to tell me when your EP got approved. Thanks a lot!!! :)


There have been lots of EP approvals over the last two months. Depends upon the company, the person, and the job description.

Your application was rejected for one of two reasons. You are considered unqualified for the EP or the job as described. Or, the gahmen has concluded that the job as described, can be filled by a local.

The requirements have tightened up but EP's are being granted.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: any EP approvals over the past two months?

Postby singaporeflyer » Sun, 13 Mar 2011 7:45 pm

retainna wrote:hi, everyone, my EP was rejected last Fri. I was wondering if it's because of the election?

I've heard that the election affects a lot. Can anyone tell me if any EP approvals over the past two months? don't need to tell any job details, just need to tell me when your EP got approved. Thanks a lot!!! :)


My EP was approved in February and I went through smoothly.

nitinkrmishra
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 10 Apr 2010

EP approved last week

Postby nitinkrmishra » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 1:31 pm

Hi , I got the IPA last week.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed, 28 Feb 2007
Location: London

Re: any EP approvals over the past two months?

Postby FaeLLe » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 3:29 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:My EP was approved in February and I went through smoothly.


Woah so you just entered Singapore? For someone who posts so much on local boards I would have thought you were a local.

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Re: any EP approvals over the past two months?

Postby revhappy » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 3:43 pm

FaeLLe wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:My EP was approved in February and I went through smoothly.


Woah so you just entered Singapore? For someone who posts so much on local boards I would have thought you were a local.


He is talking about his EP renewal, which also needs to be "approved"?

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed, 28 Feb 2007
Location: London

Re: any EP approvals over the past two months?

Postby FaeLLe » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 3:53 pm

revhappy wrote:
FaeLLe wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:My EP was approved in February and I went through smoothly.


Woah so you just entered Singapore? For someone who posts so much on local boards I would have thought you were a local.


He is talking about his EP renewal, which also needs to be "approved"?


Mmm good point, me bad :???:

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Postby revhappy » Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:04 pm

Just had my EP renewed. Application date was yesterday and today I can see the status as "Approved".

So this is going to my 3rd year in SG. :cool:

And I am eligible for PEP now. Wonder whether I should take it or not :?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests