Singapore Expats Forum

Cheap bars, pubs, clubs

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Ross14

Cheap bars, pubs, clubs

Postby Ross14 » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:37 pm

Anyone know where the cheap and cheerful places to go for a drink are?

Cheers,

Ross

abscity

Postby abscity » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 5:23 pm

hey man,

alcohol in singapore is expensive as compared to the neighbouring countries. well, there are always exceptions and solutions to this!

1. there is a shop next to holiday inn atrium hotel that sells the cheapest alcohol in the whole of singapore. buy bottles there and pre-drink at someone's place.

2. check out this club called double o, it has really cheap drinks, as cheap as 3$ shots. not a great fan of the place so you'd have to get other people to advise u.

3. my personal favourite is a bar near clarke quay, really quiet place, very chill feel. happy hour 6-8pm, u can get some of the best cocktails in singapore for like 6 bucks or so. great place to catchup and chill with some friends.

well, there are tons of other exceptions, but these are the ones i can get straight off my mind. cheers!

melren

Postby melren » Tue, 22 Mar 2011 1:51 pm

The cheapest one will be Bar five at raffles place, price range is about sgd 5.80 and above. It used to be sgd 5 but when my friend and I went there last week, the waiter told us that the price increased to sgd 5.80.
Another place to check out is no 5 at emerald hill.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 22 Mar 2011 3:20 pm

melren wrote:The cheapest one will be Bar five at raffles place, price range is about sgd 5.80 and above. It used to be sgd 5 but when my friend and I went there last week, the waiter told us that the price increased to sgd 5.80.
Another place to check out is no 5 at emerald hill.

For Cheap drinks - start drinking at 5 pm at Happy Hour ... and 11 AM on Sundays ..

Or become a member in one of those clubs along Balestier - a little birdie says the price is just about 5$ for a glass of whiskey .. :D

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Tue, 22 Mar 2011 3:40 pm

sweet info!

tothebeach

Postby tothebeach » Tue, 22 Mar 2011 5:21 pm

Nice, very useful info :D thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Mar 2011 5:35 pm

Well, tothebeach, you've got your 5 silly posts finally so your PM function is activated again. :roll:

tothebeach

Postby tothebeach » Tue, 22 Mar 2011 8:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, tothebeach, you've got your 5 silly posts finally so your PM function is activated again. :roll:

cool, congrats to me :) but you sounds like a hater though..

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Mar 2011 9:01 pm

We don't really like those who come here make five silly posts just so they can send a PM. These people are not contributing anything at all to this board. In fact they take up valuable bandwidth and the regulars get tired of having to see the silly four or five word, say absolutely nothing of value, posts.

We've actually discussed raising the bar to 20 or more but with the silliness of those types, then we would have to wade through 4 times as much garbage to find posts with substance.

Hate? Nah, more like a fever blister, a temporary annoyance/aggravation that we all get tired of but have to put up with. :-&