Singapore Expats Forum

student pass expiry

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ksj6188

student pass expiry

Postby ksj6188 » Thu, 10 Mar 2011 7:41 pm

Hi,

I have completed my education in singapore and I have to surrender my student pass in a few days as I have got my conferment letter from the university. However, I am looking for a job and I will need a pass to stay here. I have a couple of queries.

1. Once I surrender my student pass, does ICA grant any short term visa for stay in singapore automatically during which I can apply for LTVP?

2. What procedure should I follow to obtain such a pass and what documents are required from my side.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
K

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: student pass expiry

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 5:53 am

ksj6188 wrote:Hi,

I have completed my education in singapore and I have to surrender my student pass in a few days as I have got my conferment letter from the university. However, I am looking for a job and I will need a pass to stay here. I have a couple of queries.

1. Once I surrender my student pass, does ICA grant any short term visa for stay in singapore automatically during which I can apply for LTVP?

Yes you can get a standard SVP of 30 days

2. What procedure should I follow to obtain such a pass and what documents are required from my side.

Go in personally or on line at E-VP, bring all supporting docs. Read this http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=238

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
K
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!