Singapore Expats

Whats the wildest thing a Singaporean can do?

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 1:22 pm

Unless your investigating searches that show relevance to the poster, e.g., coming from the same area, same IP address, then all you are doing is possibly driving away new members. You don't put down new posters unless they are actually doing something wrong, e.g., as mentioned by SE. Just sounds to me like you learned some new words for suspected shadows. When we get them, we just tic, toc if they look suspicious, we don't go into full attack mode without valid reason. If your don't have access to IP address or email addresses, you are just plain guessing and possibly driving away new members.

How many of the several billion people in the world have a web presence? Surely there are some who have the same nicks or variations of same. Unless you can match the nick with the email address or the ISP (and that doesn't necessarily work in the case of Singapore as they used cached IP addresses) you have absolutely nothing.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 1:49 pm

If that's what you believe fine by me! Though an IP trace will not help you much at all when it comes to viral marketing :lol: who really cares ? But you are also still wrong in your assumption that you are right! Which makes it that more difficult for you to see the light, there is no hope for those that do not help themselves to understand but frustration does make one froth at the mouth :P What you assume is an attack others will see as humorous sarcasm, it's a matter of interpretation, that is why so many misunderstand your arrogance :P :wink:

There was not any attacking, there was however suggestions that maybe a post was a viral attack with a funny call for OB1 to check it out I do recall. Which was made in a sarcastic way, which was funny, meaning not at all serious but could be, obviously the person couldn't see the funny side, so i explained it to them by PM that the website was actually in a strange mode with one liners of verbal garbage and no substance. R.I.P it's your ball game :P and your players.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 3:24 pm

dazzlebabe wrote:
JR8 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:That's because most FT's cannot speak singlish properly (???) either, so they understand your improper (!?!) singlish. :???:
Yah k so what de point brudder :)
precisely... what's the point?
I would have thought that quite obvious, it was self-effacing humour. What point were you trying to make?

On a more serious note, I find it interesting nay fascinating that there could be almost a non-SGn incarnation of Singlish that SGns don't seem to understand. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, assume you are SGn, and hence you did not appreciate my dazzling humour babe :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 4:12 pm

ksl wrote:If that's what you believe fine by me! Though an IP trace will not help you much at all when it comes to viral marketing :lol: who really cares ? But you are also still wrong in your assumption that you are right! Which makes it that more difficult for you to see the light, there is no hope for those that do not help themselves to understand but frustration does make one froth at the mouth :P What you assume is an attack others will see as humorous sarcasm, it's a matter of interpretation, that is why so many misunderstand your arrogance :P :wink:

There was not any attacking, there was however suggestions that maybe a post was a viral attack with a funny call for OB1 to check it out I do recall. Which was made in a sarcastic way, which was funny, meaning not at all serious but could be, obviously the person couldn't see the funny side, so i explained it to them by PM that the website was actually in a strange mode with one liners of verbal garbage and no substance. R.I.P it's your ball game :P and your players.
Unfortunately, and quite obviously, the poster you attacked, didn't think that way. At that's who mattered in this case. No me, not JR8, not somebody else who might have thought it humorous. Who cares about viral marketing? We don't. If we did you might not be here either. :o And that, my friend, would be a great loss to this board. So we put up with your constant references to drinking vinegar. But you gotta admit, the sword often cuts both ways, so if we do one, we would have to do 'em all. Wonder what she was marketing? Wonder what you thought she was marketing. :???: :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by dazzlebabe » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 4:44 pm

JR8 wrote:
dazzlebabe wrote:
JR8 wrote: Yah k so what de point brudder :)
precisely... what's the point?
I would have thought that quite obvious, it was self-effacing humour. What point were you trying to make?
You obviously did not see the humour in my post as well.... :-|
Just me

DazzleBabe

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 6:05 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ksl wrote:If that's what you believe fine by me! Though an IP trace will not help you much at all when it comes to viral marketing :lol: who really cares ? But you are also still wrong in your assumption that you are right! Which makes it that more difficult for you to see the light, there is no hope for those that do not help themselves to understand but frustration does make one froth at the mouth :P What you assume is an attack others will see as humorous sarcasm, it's a matter of interpretation, that is why so many misunderstand your arrogance :P :wink:

Unfortunately, and quite obviously, the poster you attacked, didn't think that way. At that's who mattered in this case. No me, not JR8, not somebody else who might have thought it humorous. Who cares about viral marketing? We don't. If we did you might not be here either. :o And that, my friend, would be a great loss to this board. So we put up with your constant references to drinking vinegar. But you gotta admit, the sword often cuts both ways, so if we do one, we would have to do 'em all. Wonder what she was marketing? Wonder what you thought she was marketing. :???: :roll:
Sigh! Oh dear! I better just let you have the last word :lol: :P :wink: for your credit rating :lol: you'll get to your 17K post very soon, boy can he chat, and that's just on this forum, what do you charge for back links?

Flipside

Post by Flipside » Mon, 30 May 2011 7:05 pm

the wildest thing I've seen a Singaporean dude do is to wear a bikini and walk through town just for the fun of it.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 May 2011 7:44 pm

Pretty new here then, yeah?

Attention:

NSFW!