Singapore Expats

Whats the wildest thing a Singaporean can do?

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by dazzlebabe » Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:22 am

what's wrong with noobking?
Just me

DazzleBabe

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:24 pm

donno. ask ksl.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 1:26 am

dazzlebabe wrote:what's wrong with noobking?
He's a one poster, just joining for exposure, you can see what he does on all his other links here. Though there is no forum rule against it, it's just that i spotted his intention, while in alert mode :lol: Nothing better to do than search and destroy! He's actually a marketing tool for others, probably gets paid to collect links to other websites. Some people do it when they build a website, set up the backlinks, then sell the website showing these back links to increase the website value.

This gives you added value with some search engines listing you in their directories free of charge. I know because I have done the same many times, I have around 3000 back links. The technique is too lead traffic much more effective than google adds in my opinion. Though it takes time to build.

At my peak my website was valued at $3000 USD it's based on back links and traffic, though when you stop marketing the traffic will slow down but the links stay the same, or can be increased by others bookmarking or using your data in their own websites.

Though you are established for easy online marketing, when you want to boost your hits, the website just needs tweaking so the actual website name creates value, that is the spiders web of networking links to increase traffic. Or he could be a hacker, scammer, fraudster out for email mining or inserting code triggers. The guy is pretty damn busy whatever he is up too.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Ajp ... =&ei=UTF-8

These post are by him, which are suspect, he's a predator of some kind.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/se ... chid=73572
Last edited by ksl on Thu, 31 Mar 2011 2:03 am, edited 7 times in total.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 1:38 am

ksl wrote:
dazzlebabe wrote:what's wrong with noobking?
He's a one poster, just joining for exposure, you can see what he does on all his other links here. Though there is no forum rule against it, it's just that i spotted his intention, while in alert mode :lol: Nothing better to do than search and destroy!
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Ajp ... =&ei=UTF-8

SMS jus Jellos kanna oso spot hor :P

('How was my Singlish? Call EV-D on 888-8888 and make your report')

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 6:57 am

Still haven't answered what he's done in violation of this board's policies yet. All ksl's done is give a profile of what HE does in order to gain backlinks. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong person then? I should be looking at ksl looking at the post which says that's what he's doing for his site?

I, most always, do a name/phone search. Most of the time I couple that with and IP search and that's why a lot don't get bounced. I have a few more tools at our disposal here. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by dazzlebabe » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 9:38 am

for someone not tech savvy, I still don't see what was wrong. Everyone HAS to start off with one post right?

All I see is his one liner - no signature, no links... or am I missing something?

JR wth was that? I have no idea what you are trying to say. Although you did set off my desire to have jello shots! =P~
Just me

DazzleBabe

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:18 am

dazzlebabe wrote:for someone not tech savvy, I still don't see what was wrong. Everyone HAS to start off with one post right?

All I see is his one liner - no signature, no links... or am I missing something?

JR wth was that? I have no idea what you are trying to say. Although you did set off my desire to have jello shots! =P~
don't mind ksl; he was probably drunk-posting that night :P
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:36 am

dazzlebabe wrote:for someone not tech savvy, I still don't see what was wrong. Everyone HAS to start off with one post right?

On forums, when you remove your signature, the past postings also loose the signature, if you know what I mean. So not having a signature now doesn't mean there wasn't

That's my humble 2 cents .. :D

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:47 am

Well I don't know about KSL or anyone else, but I'm just horsing around.

Hey isn't that spooky when the FT gets my Singlish but the SGns don't! :? :D

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:19 pm

That's because most FT's cannot speak singlish properly (???) either, so they understand your improper (!?!) singlish. :???:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:43 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That's because most FT's cannot speak singlish properly (???) either, so they understand your improper (!?!) singlish. :???:
Yah k so what de point brudder :)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 1:44 am

sorry I was miles away, the technique is in the registering of name to be used, not necessarily a signature in the post, it doesn't matter. If i was to register my nick drinkingvinegar, which i do when i am viral marketing, I don't need a signature to be found, as the directories will pick anything up related to key words. drinkingvinegar or drinking vinegar are just two versions of key wording one may type in a search engine. So when i register my nick on forums for targeted consumers, I use drinkingvinegar never ksl and i'm always ethically engaged in communication rather than signing up and running. Public relations are a vital part of the marketing effort, it doesn't pay to overstep the rules of any forum or you will be deleted and rightly so. take my nick ksl and do a search, will com up with ksl.com not mine by the way!

So when people register a name and leave a one liner, it becomes obviously suspicious, though you can bet there is a website relationship somewhere to the registered user name that's the first give away, tracking will turn up the evidence through many website links under that one registered name. One can also be wrong too, only time will tell.

That was for dazzlebabe and those new to viral marketing on forums :wink: Though it doesn't have to be a signature or a registered name, it can also be a video or anything of interest to stimulate curiosity
If I post a black box on a link and say do not open, how many people are going to open it?

For those interested you can read more here http://ezinearticles.com/?Viral-Marketi ... id=3175085

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 6:55 am

So, in your over suspicious mind, what kind of viral campaign is durain running. He's almost never given much more than a single line post since he's been here. Hmmmmmmmm?????????

Why haven't you attacked him like a mad dog frothing at the mouth as you've been recently doing in attacking others without any proof?

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by dazzlebabe » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 9:41 am

JR8 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:That's because most FT's cannot speak singlish properly (???) either, so they understand your improper (!?!) singlish. :???:
Yah k so what de point brudder :)
precisely... what's the point?
Just me

DazzleBabe

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 01 Apr 2011 12:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So, in your over suspicious mind, what kind of viral campaign is durain running. He's almost never given much more than a single line post since he's been here. Hmmmmmmmm?????????

Why haven't you attacked him like a mad dog frothing at the mouth as you've been recently doing in attacking others without any proof?
So try searching the name Durain and you will see nothing suspicious comes up, that would give him away, the others have been pretty obvious but you was sleeping :lol: :wink:

Though I can see that it doesn't help the forum by making a point, even if it is wrong, which makes me wonder if you are right all the time ? :P

I will keep out of the way in future with regards to viral marketing, as i hate to take anyone's credit away from them, as it makes them look so lame and unappreciative of help. Spam away folks be my guest :wink:
Now you just sound like a person that is purely resentful and frothing at the mouth in public :lol: :wink: It's like taking sweets from a baby!