Singapore Expats Forum

Hello All, Newbie from the UK, Sooooo Bored......xx

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
newjob

Hello All, Newbie from the UK, Sooooo Bored......xx

Postby newjob » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 4:47 pm

hi ALL,
I'm a 29yr old F who has just moved to Sing from the uk ..absolutely loving it over here but getting a bit bored whilst hubby works long hrs ,:)
I have two children aged 6 and 13 and trying to get them into school as i speak... hopefully fingers crossed... Would like to meet some new friends for chats/coffee/drinks/days out.. etc and basically just adult chat (keep it clean.. lol)
is there anyone out there in the same position ,..
let me know.. THANKS :-)

QueenMinnie
Regular
Regular

Postby QueenMinnie » Sun, 13 Mar 2011 8:16 pm

Hey there!

I'm sort of in the same boat lol. I'm here in Singapore with my husband for his work and I'm a housewife. Been here for a bit over 2 months. I"m 24/f/Aussie. Let me know if you wanna catch up for a coffee/lunch some time.

Cheers, Minnie

newjob

Postby newjob » Sat, 19 Mar 2011 11:56 am

Hi Minnie,
Thanks for replying, Yeah, we are settling in well thanks, been here for about 5 weeks now, been very busy sorting out the condo and settling, now just got the kids schools to arrange and it's proving to be a nightmare...!!!!.....
We are living up in Tampines, east coast..., could really do with some company to have a chat or sneaky glass of vino so would love to arrange to catch up if your available. I'm pretty open to times so if you fancy a coffee morning, lunch etc, then let me know ... , we have been pretty busy since we got here trying to see the island and keep the kids amused so if you would like me to suggest some places, then let me know... where are you based... ???

Let me know....

Thanks,
Zo....

QueenMinnie
Regular
Regular

Postby QueenMinnie » Sat, 19 Mar 2011 12:42 pm

Hey Zo,

I'm just down the line from you, I'm around Paya Lebar! I'm also pretty flexible with my time, just let me know what suits you. How much of the island have you seen? My hubby and I have done the 3 zoos, and we've done some random train stops lol. We're looking at doing Sentosa in the next month or so. Btw, good luck with the schools! :D

cheers, Minnie

ps: My email addy is queenminniekh2@hotmail.com

DJ-F
Regular
Regular

Postby DJ-F » Mon, 21 Mar 2011 2:51 pm

Hi folks ...

Could I ask a favour please.

I am a Brit living here researching my PhD in anthropology 'Chinese religion in Singapore and Taiwan', and a spirit medium asked me for some UK coins ... any denomination / condition is ok.

Do you happen to have any left overs from the UK ...happy to give you the Singapore equivalent ... just don't want to let the spirit medium down. I checked the website of the Royal Mint in London for new coins, but they say to expect a 21 day wait before they send.

Can email me at 4fabian@gmail.com / call 98927361

I have been here researching for about 7 months now, and would be happy to take you to temples in return .....

Many thanks ...

Fabian