Singapore Expats Forum

Employment pass for wife

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
harisadu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon, 07 Mar 2011

Employment pass for wife

Postby harisadu » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 3:31 pm

Hi

Am moving in Aug for PHD, University is sponsoring LTSVP for my wife.

My Kid is 6 months old. Will he too need a separate pass or he can move in with mothers pass as an infant?

Is it possible that my wife's request for Employment pass is rejected when she moves in here on a LTSVP ? Or is it uncommon ?

Thanks

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Employment pass for wife

Postby ksl » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 4:09 pm

harisadu wrote:Hi

Am moving in Aug for PHD, University is sponsoring LTSVP for my wife.

My Kid is 6 months old. Will he too need a separate pass or he can move in with mothers pass as an infant?

Is it possible that my wife's request for Employment pass is rejected when she moves in here on a LTSVP ? Or is it uncommon ?

Thanks
Not allowed to work on LTVSP.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Employment pass for wife

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 4:16 pm

harisadu wrote:Hi

Am moving in Aug for PHD, University is sponsoring LTSVP for my wife.

My Kid is 6 months old. Will he too need a separate pass or he can move in with mothers pass as an infant?

Is it possible that my wife's request for Employment pass is rejected when she moves in here on a LTSVP ? Or is it uncommon ?

Thanks


Are you moving as a SC or PR or EP?

If it is EP, then your wife and kid have to stay here on a Dependant pass

If it is PR, then your wife and kid can stay here on a LTSVP

while being on a LTSVP your wife cannot work, whereas when she is on a DP she can apply for a LOC and work in Singapore

harisadu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon, 07 Mar 2011

Postby harisadu » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 4:39 pm

Am moving on a students pass

My wife will get sponsorship from univ for a LTSVP, she can get employment here as she has spoken some of the companies.

But conversion of the Visit pass to employment pass wont be an issue ?

Thanks

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11110
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 4:46 pm

harisadu wrote:Am moving on a students pass

My wife will get sponsorship from univ for a LTSVP, she can get employment here as she has spoken some of the companies.

But conversion of the Visit pass to employment pass wont be an issue ?

Thanks


Hello! She CANNOT work on a LTSVP. End. Period. If a company wants to hire her, then they will need to apply for an employment pass (EP). There is no 'conversion'. Her application will be judged on her qualifications AND the company's explanation of why they need her instead of local talent. Just like everyone else who applies for an EP.

beppi
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Postby beppi » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 7:16 pm

And of course your child, being a separate person, needs a separate visa (e.g. LTSVP based on your SP) to stay here.

User avatar
ap 4POT
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 13 Jun 2010
Location: Thailand

Postby ap 4POT » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 3:32 pm

i dont see a reason why cannot? i done conversion for my wife.period.
keep smiling :)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 5:38 pm

ap 4POT wrote:i dont see a reason why cannot? i done conversion for my wife.period.


I know enough people who converted, from DP tp EP or LTVP to EP, but that is not conversion per-se - their prospective employer applies for a EP, and upon approval, from DP you move to EP - if you call that 'conversion' you are right ..

Did I see something wrong ?? :???: :???:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: moon777 and 3 guests