Singapore Expats Forum

Opinions needed from the forum experts regarding PR approval

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
+ve

Opinions needed from the forum experts regarding PR approval

Postby +ve » Mon, 07 Mar 2011 7:36 pm

I have reviewed your forum as extensively as possible, going through all the topics related to PR. However, I would appreciate if the forum experts can give their opinions. ( Ohh! I know SMS, Mad Scientist have said a lot on such topics. Hope I don't drive you guys insane with this post. Pardon my audacity :) )

My fiance has applied for his PR. What are the chances of his approval if he:

- is working in Singapore since 1.7 years, and just applied for his PR.
- is a Vessel Manager
- is holding a P1 pass since 1 year (paid his 1 year tax)
- is a Master/Captain by profession, with 16 yrs marine background. (35 yrs of age)
- Although in Singapore for 1.7 yrs, has worked for the same company past 7 years. Difference is that he was on sea throughout his career with his base in India during those 7 yrs he worked for the current company, and since he wanted to settle down, he took his posting to the H/o in Singapore to work offshore(on land). He has travelled to Singapore numerous times in the past 7 yrs as the main office is Singapore.
-Qualifications are mainly marine.
- No family ties in Singapore, but plans to settle permanently in Singapore.

Your expert comments will be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Opinions needed from the forum experts regarding PR appr

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 07 Mar 2011 10:06 pm

+ve wrote:I have reviewed your forum as extensively as possible, going through all the topics related to PR. However, I would appreciate if the forum experts can give their opinions. ( Ohh! I know SMS, Mad Scientist have said a lot on such topics. Hope I don't drive you guys insane with this post. Pardon my audacity :) )

My fiance has applied for his PR. What are the chances of his approval if he:

- is working in Singapore since 1.7 years, and just applied for his PR.
- is a Vessel Manager
- is holding a P1 pass since 1 year (paid his 1 year tax)
- is a Master/Captain by profession, with 16 yrs marine background. (35 yrs of age)
- Although in Singapore for 1.7 yrs, has worked for the same company past 7 years. Difference is that he was on sea throughout his career with his base in India during those 7 yrs he worked for the current company, and since he wanted to settle down, he took his posting to the H/o in Singapore to work offshore(on land). He has travelled to Singapore numerous times in the past 7 yrs as the main office is Singapore.
-Qualifications are mainly marine.
- No family ties in Singapore, but plans to settle permanently in Singapore.

Your expert comments will be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

if you read through the threads you will understand that usually people with P1 pass stand a good chance of getting PR normally.

But at the current time,each PR application is reviewed very very strictly.. So may be when he completes his 2 years in SG, he might have a good chance. May be after 1 year from now he will have a very good chance.

But that doesn't mean that he wont get his PR now. He may or may not.

If not this time, try again after may be a year...

Good Luck !

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Mar 2011 10:52 pm

SF's reply sound solid to me.

+ve

re: thanks

Postby +ve » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 12:59 am

Thank you Singapore Flyer & SMS.

I really hope that he gets through. Atleast things will be put to perspective. If it doesn't work out, then better luck next time. Hope God works a miracle..I will keep you posted on the developments.

I know that he has got a P1 pass, and although he stands a good chance. It shouldn't be taken for granted. Hence, I am anxious. I just wanted to make sure if he has done the right thing at the right time. Time will tell.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Opinions needed from the forum experts regarding PR appr

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 5:37 am

+ve wrote:I have reviewed your forum as extensively as possible, going through all the topics related to PR. However, I would appreciate if the forum experts can give their opinions. ( Ohh! I know SMS, Mad Scientist have said a lot on such topics. Hope I don't drive you guys insane with this post. Pardon my audacity :) )

:shock: :shock: :shock:

@SF :-k :-k =D> =D>
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

+ve

re: :)

Postby +ve » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 2:15 pm

:oops:

It is better to be safe then sorry 8-[ . I know how you all take the trouble to repeat yourselves a 100 times, and I have fallen on the floor either laughing or frightened (totally exaggerated) reading some of the threads.

I tried my best to read as many posts as I could, before asking you guys any questions :lol: Btw the good part is, that I got so many tips for helping my fiance write his application letter and fill up his application, cuz I was a lil wiser than I previously was, before I came across your forum.

A big "THANK YOU" to all of you!

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 1:01 pm

Think it might help if you show proof of long standing relationship with a Singapore company (assuming its Singaporean since HQ is here) by submitting proof of income tax payment (Form 16) in the name of same company in India.

It might show loyalty and that you might not easily job hop and would take up your current role in Singapore as a stability motive.

Not sure if you can attach a covering letter as well.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 2:14 pm

FaeLLe wrote:Think it might help if you show proof of long standing relationship with a Singapore company (assuming its Singaporean since HQ is here) by submitting proof of income tax payment (Form 16) in the name of same company in India.

It might show loyalty and that you might not easily job hop and would take up your current role in Singapore as a stability motive.

Yes I agree, you must emphasize all the important details that interests the government. With regards to stability and raising family in Singapore too for the long term, even include your willingness for citizenship eventually. (But don't ask for it) Criteria is normally 2 years in Singapore before application is considered, however they are the ones that decide on case by case applications. You can always apply again later if rejected. Though the quicker you marry the better, as spouse must also fulfill the criteria and a family application is better.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 2:46 pm

ksl wrote:
FaeLLe wrote:Think it might help if you show proof of long standing relationship with a Singapore company (assuming its Singaporean since HQ is here) by submitting proof of income tax payment (Form 16) in the name of same company in India.

Yes I agree, you must emphasize all the important details that interests the government. With regards to stability and raising family in Singapore too for the long term, even include your willingness for citizenship eventually. (But don't ask for it) Criteria is normally 2 years in Singapore before application is considered, however they are the ones that decide on case by case applications. You can always apply again later if rejected. Though the quicker you marry the better, as spouse must also fulfill the criteria and a family application is better.

I've actually posted on the OP's other thread basically saying they've gone about the whole process completely the wrong way.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 3:45 pm

Saint wrote:
ksl wrote:

I've actually posted on the OP's other thread basically saying they've gone about the whole process completely the wrong way.
yeah you are right saint! Some people don't listen :-| Though rejection is 99% sure, as they don't fullfil the criteria, longer they are married the better.