Singapore Expats Forum

Cannabis and Psychosis

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 7:20 pm

JayCee wrote:I don't equate them acting in an intimidating manner with smoking weed as it's not exactly a a drug that makes people aggressive. The point I'm trying to make is that kids binge drinking and smoking on the street leaving empty cans, fags ends etc... is a much worse


You obviously have what I can only describe as peculiar set of rationals; the mere prescence of the youths is in itself intimidating to the eldery and infirm amongst others. Have you considered what might and may well have happened when or if somebody confronts them and heaven help threatens to call the police? Somebody could get stabbed and might have amongst other possibilities. Would you want that rubbish on your doorstep? According to your own statement; 'that kids binge drinking and smoking on the street leaving empty cans, fags ends etc... is a much worse problem.'


Maybe you live a privilidged life style in secure dwelling and apparently enjoy preaching 'double standards?' :x
Last edited by Plavt on Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 7:26 pm

Plavt wrote:
JayCee wrote:I don't equate them acting in an intimidating manner with smoking weed as it's not exactly a a drug that makes people aggressive. The point I'm trying to make is that kids binge drinking and smoking on the street leaving empty cans, fags ends etc... is a much worse


You obviously have what I can only describe as peculiar set of rationals; the mere prescence of the youths is in itself intimidating to the eldery and infirm amongst others. Have you considered what might and may well have happened when or if somebody confronts them and heaven help threatens to call the police? Somebody could get stabbed and might have amongs other possibilities. Would you want that rubbish on your doorstep? According to your own statement; 'that kids binge drinking and smoking on the street leaving empty cans, fags ends etc... is a much worse problem.


Maybe you live a privilidged life style in secure dwelling and apparently enjoy preaching 'double standards?' :x


Erm, what does any of this have to do with cannabis or are you just deliberately trying to start a fight? In case you hadn't noticed, this is a thread about cannabis not about whether the British youth of today are causing trouble (for whatever reason, and I don't see you giving any kind of coherent argument to show that it's because they are smoking cannabis but rather are just saying it's because they are there in the first place)

And no I don't come from a priveleged background, I grew up in the north of England and went to a comprehensive school and have plenty of friends from council estates, like any of this should make a different :?

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue, 25 Jan 2011
Location: uk

Postby tyianchang » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 7:34 pm

JayCee wrote:
Plavt wrote:
JayCee wrote:I don't equate them acting in an intimidating manner with smoking weed as it's not exactly a a drug that makes people aggressive. The point I'm trying to make is that kids binge drinking and smoking on the street leaving empty cans, fags ends etc... is a much worse


You obviously have what I can only describe as peculiar set of rationals; the mere prescence of the youths is in itself intimidating to the eldery and infirm amongst others. Have you considered what might and may well have happened when or if somebody confronts them and heaven help threatens to call the police? Somebody could get stabbed and might have amongs other possibilities. Would you want that rubbish on your doorstep? According to your own statement; 'that kids binge drinking and smoking on the street leaving empty cans, fags ends etc... is a much worse problem.


Maybe you live a privilidged life style in secure dwelling and apparently enjoy preaching 'double standards?' :x


Erm, what does any of this have to do with cannabis or are you just deliberately trying to start a fight? In case you hadn't noticed, this is a thread about cannabis not about whether the British youth of today are causing trouble (for whatever reason, and I don't see you giving any kind of coherent argument to show that it's because they are smoking cannabis but rather are just saying it's because they are there in the first place)

And no I don't come from a priveleged background, I grew up in the north of England and went to a comprehensive school and have plenty of friends from council estates, like any of this should make a different :?


Exactly who you are. Plavt's damned right about you, and listen to ksl.
Try to concentrate on football and stop being such an impertinent upstart -where your rudeness towards me is concerned. The cheek!
tyianchang

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 7:35 pm

JayCee wrote:
Erm, what does any of this have to do with cannabis or are you just deliberately trying to start a fight? In case you hadn't noticed, this is a thread about cannabis


I am well aware of what the thread is about and no I am not trying to pick a fight!

What I mentioned was the behaviour of youths smoking cannabis which by your own admission seem to think for whatever reason is OK.

Yeah if they weren't smoking cannabis they could be doing something else - like something more useful to themselves and society. The fact is drugs bring social and physical ills, be it cannabis or anything else.

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue, 25 Jan 2011
Location: uk

Postby tyianchang » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 7:36 pm

[quote="JR8"]Ooh look, picked at it twice already. Wouldn't be trying to start a fight would you? lol


Big pics relate to autism and retarded speech.
tyianchang

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 7:43 pm

...well, there goes neighborhood.

also,


. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 8:16 pm

[quote="nakatago"]...well, there goes neighborhood.

also,


. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”
Last edited by ksl on Fri, 11 Mar 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 8:34 pm

tyianchang wrote:
JR8 wrote:Ooh look, picked at it twice already. Wouldn't be trying to start a fight would you? lol


Big pics relate to autism and retarded speech.




Can you make your point in comprehensible English please or just STFU!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 9:33 pm

Well, this time Anne didn't start it. jaycee. did. :(

But you had to make is a point to jump right in as well so what did you expect? :-|

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue, 25 Jan 2011
Location: uk

Postby tyianchang » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:36 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, at least this time Anne didn't start it. you. did. :(


Thanks, my knight in shining armour. I'm getting extremely weary with this guy using me as his anti-communist Welsh teacher syndrome, (as he'd explained in another thread) something completely unrelated to me; and I'm not even a communist or have anything to do with any politics or smoking. What's the basis of this relentless pursuit of trolling me esp when he's only making me like him less and less. Truly, he's intolerable.

And sorry, mod, re Jaycee. He keeps on and on at me. I'd avoided that level of crassness, but if I didn't hit back, he'd never stop using me as an easy target. Amazing isn't, how little boys behave on the net. Taking it out on a woman to show they've got something. Well, bullies never do, and this point is right bang on topic about psychosis, but it's hardly even funny.

BTW, SMS, I hope SG and everyone out there's okay at the moment . News of the NEastern Japan earthquake and tsunamis around the Pacific Ring of Fire is hitting our media every hour here. There's talk about nuclear power stations leaking perhaps. Ghastly start to the new year.
Is everyone on the alert in SG?
Last edited by tyianchang on Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tyianchang

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:48 pm

Singapore is pretty much insulated from the effects of tsunamis because we are surrounded by other land masses and we aren't directly of the ring of fire fault line. Our neighbours get the brunt of it. :-|

That said, my internet is all but down tonight. of my normal 7 tabs, only two are getting reception. This site and Google but most of google's site are just timing out. Not sure if this is widespread with all the ISP's here on only the one I use. :-(

Oh, I'm no Knight shining or tarnished. I just tend to call a spade and spade. I also TRY not to take sides.

tyianchang
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue, 25 Jan 2011
Location: uk

Postby tyianchang » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:00 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Singapore is pretty much insulated from the effects of tsunamis because we are surrounded by other land masses and we aren't directly of the ring of fire fault line. Our neighbours get the brunt of it. :-|

That said, my internet is all but down tonight. of my normal 7 tabs, only two are getting reception. This site and Google but most of google's site are just timing out. Not sure if this is widespread with all the ISP's here on only the one I use. :-(

Oh, I'm no Knight shining or tarnished. I just tend to call a spade and spade. I also TRY not to take sides.


Impartiality thus speaks. I really don't see any sides as far as I'm concerned, I'm on the fringe, so that's the senselessness of it all. Unless, of course, people can't be taken for granted to be sane and normal on face value.
The news reported that all mobile phones are down in Tokyo.
tyianchang

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:47 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, this time Anne didn't start it. jaycee. did. :(

But you had to make is a point to jump right in as well so what did you expect? :-|


A show of restraint?

p.s.
The writer in question has a habit of picking and provoking until she has successfully fomented a fight. That's what she did to JayCee. That's what she's just done to me in another thread.

AnnTeoh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 12 Mar 2011

Postby AnnTeoh » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 3:43 am

It is afflictions that I should shower you with, with a bar of soap pushed somewhere uncomfortable.

Why are people allowed to speak like this.

Justice, peace, love. The truth will out in the end.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9320
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 8:49 am

ksl wrote:It's the same with alcohol, people use the shit not to socialise and to have a one off experience, but to get smashed out of their heads, and all this crap of music sound better, is of course all in the mind.

Dealing with life is first priority and if you cannot do that, you shouldn't be indulging, other than that i have nothing else against it.

IMHO the problem is not in indulging it but using as a pain killer for some chronic problems where what's needed is a medicine.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest