Singapore Expats Forum

Is this right time to apply for PR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.

Is this the right time to apply for PR?

Yes, Go ahead!
17%
No, Wait another 3 months.
17%
Wait another year or more.
42%
You're not eligible yet.
25%

Total votes: 12

x9200

Postby x9200 » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 9:57 pm

Maybe :), but the whole tightening and the coming GE made the situation pretty unique. We would not reapply (probably never) if the application was rejected.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 10:05 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
x9200 wrote:, male child,

After the local boy with his maid carrying his bag, I guess they figured they would need real men eventually and a male child ticks all the boxes! :cool:

Yah oso caucasian parent what, not limp-wrist cina follow by helber ah?
:P

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 10:07 pm

x9200 wrote:Maybe :), but the whole tightening and the coming GE made the situation pretty unique. We would not reapply (probably never) if the application was rejected.

Like I had mentioned sometime ago, its the last year's PR numbers that are important for this year's GE. The number of PRs granted this year is inconsequential for the GE because by the time the numbers are published, the GE would be over and out.

My bet, this year should be significant increase in PR approvals than last year.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 10:31 pm

Don't bet on it. :-|

x9200

Postby x9200 » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 6:39 am

revhappy wrote:Like I had mentioned sometime ago, its the last year's PR numbers that are important for this year's GE. The number of PRs granted this year is inconsequential for the GE because by the time the numbers are published, the GE would be over and out.

I don't think you are right. The first quarter is already almost gone despite all the earlier rumors... Besides, some part-year, year-2-y statistics where even publicized last year. and as this is largely about apparences I would not be surprised if this whole year is just like the last one.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 9:38 am

x9200 wrote:
revhappy wrote:Like I had mentioned sometime ago, its the last year's PR numbers that are important for this year's GE. The number of PRs granted this year is inconsequential for the GE because by the time the numbers are published, the GE would be over and out.

I don't think you are right. The first quarter is already almost gone despite all the earlier rumors... Besides, some part-year, year-2-y statistics where even publicized last year. and as this is largely about apparences I would not be surprised if this whole year is just like the last one.

@X9200; Congratulation on becoming PR. Can I ask how many years you have been here and on what passes. ? Your wife works ?
Your son is he a SPR on still on LTSVP ?

@revhappy : There is no quota on PR per se . It is all links to the general population census and quota based on race and religion . 2005 to 2009 was exceptional due to high infrastructure demand in SG and PR issuance were not tighyly control. A few heads have rolled due to this slip up.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

x9200

Postby x9200 » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 12:11 pm

@MS, thanks, I am already PR for few years. It was my son this time who got it :)