Singapore Expats Forum

Is this right time to apply for PR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.

Is this the right time to apply for PR?

Yes, Go ahead!
17%
No, Wait another 3 months.
17%
Wait another year or more.
42%
You're not eligible yet.
25%

Total votes: 12

Ginner-Sg

Postby Ginner-Sg » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 3:39 pm

okdone wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:SMS,

For the record, none of us are "hired".

I thought you were wrong, I might have been (I wasn't), but I guarantee Strong Eagle was not.

The reality and the actuality of your comprehension of the English language are vastly different.

You just started out on the wrong foot. And seemingly are determined to keep hopping on one foot instead of realizing you may very well have been wrong!?!

You just don't seem to be able to take any criticism (although you have realized you were wrong and changed your stance).

^^
My same exact words for you. Please read them and "THINK".

Sigh :shock: After all that, just try for PR again and see a MP after 8 mths. And by the way English is the 2nd most spoken language after Chinese not Spanish. :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 3:57 pm

If you'd have had the common sense, you would already have known that I'm an ole farmboy who makes no apologies over my own deficient knowledge my own language. However, some things are easily seen to be wrong even at my level of plow-boy (American) English. You, on the other hand are trying your best (and doing a good job, by the way) of showing us your prowess at verbal diarrhea in your quest to cover up your initial blunder. You must have read that old saw "If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle them with BS" In that respect, you win hands down. I surrender.

=D>

PR? Dog help Singapore. :o :lol:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 4:02 pm

Plonking everyone are we ?

Okdone; read this

http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... 080429.pdf

You are NOT AN ASSET to SG unless you have signifcant changes in your EP pass or Your skillset is in DEMAND or You are married to a SGer and bear a MALE CHILD to become the Gahmen Cannon Fodder OR You have alot of $$$$$$ to invest or YOU ARE INVITED GUEST of the SG Gahmen. There are only 30 of them having honorary title of SG Citizen.

Which of the above meets the eye ?

Your Q1 pass can be rejected even though you have been here since 2008. Do not be surprised by this.

Wait till the election is over and go from there

BTW if you have been following this forum for a wee while, you should somewhat understand how it is run.
You need answers , I have provide many for you to absorb. Now run along...
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

okdone

Postby okdone » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 4:02 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm an ole farmboy who makes no apologies over my own deficient knowledge my own language.

You, on the other hand are trying your best at verbal diarrhea in your quest to cover up your initial blunder.

"If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle them with BS"

PR? Dog help Singapore. :o :lol:

I realized from all the BS you vomited earlier. And that too you roam open here. Really....Dog help Singapore. :o :lol:

This was so apt on you, I couldn't have thought of any better:-
"If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle them with BS"
Do the Best, Sustain your performance and Talk Less.

okdone

Postby okdone » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 4:08 pm

Mad Scientist,

Thanks. Wow, that document actually covers almost all the answers regarding PROs and CONs of PR in SG. I think that one can be attached to the sticky thread on this forum. Regards.

And that's a thorough hint to avoid sticking to same salary slab, no matter how much you're fond of your company or job. Most definitely, salary is the most effective - measurable parameter for personal development.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 5:22 pm

Okdone, cool down.really there is nothing to argue much over here. This thread has grown long in 1-2 days.. To be honest with you, when you read all the old threads you will understand that when you read SMS for the first time, you will feel he is saying against you... But when you are in the forum for more than 6 months to 1 year, you will understand that what SMS was referring would add value.. Also he is helpful..trust me in this..

2 years ago when i joined this forum I got a few replies from SMS, similar to what you have got in the recent days... But if you think about it after some time you will understand that it was nothing personal to hurt you..

We are here to take help/also help others if possible..why to argue for something?

Till now SMS has been helpful to all of us .... Good luck for your PR application...

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Eau2011 » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 5:36 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Okdone, cool down.really there is nothing to argue much over here. This thread has grown long in 1-2 days.. To be honest with you, when you read all the old threads you will understand that when you read SMS for the first time, you will feel he is saying against you... But when you are in the forum for more than 6 months to 1 year, you will understand that what SMS was referring would add value.. Also he is helpful..trust me in this..

2 years ago when i joined this forum I got a few replies from SMS, similar to what you have got in the recent days... But if you think about it after some time you will understand that it was nothing personal to hurt you..

We are here to take help/also help others if possible..why to argue for something?

Till now SMS has been helpful to all of us .... Good luck for your PR application...

=D> =D>

okdone

Postby okdone » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 6:15 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Okdone, cool down.....when you read all the old threads you will understand that when you read SMS for the first time, you will feel he is saying against you... But when you are in the forum for more than 6 months to 1 year, you will understand that what SMS was referring would add value.. Also he is helpful..trust me in this..

:) Okay thanks...... Cease fire....and Peace. :cool:

boost7

Postby boost7 » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 8:59 pm

so is this a right time to apply PR :) :???:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 9:42 pm

Nope.

Try June or July. I reckon the election will be before the end of May. PAP hasn't introduced enough of the new guys so it would be a little tight for April.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Sat, 26 Mar 2011 12:36 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Nope.

Try June or July. I reckon the election will be before the end of May. PAP hasn't introduced enough of the new guys so it would be a little tight for April.

Just curious, the figures for the number of successfull PR applications and the Percentage of success figures are published only at the end of the year, isn't it?

Last year they did a drastic reduction in number of PRs granted and that was published and the gubmint's goal is achieved.

Hence, I really doubt whether it really makes a difference if the PR application is put before or after the election date. I think the changes they have made are quite structural in nature and although we may have higher number of PRs approved this year and years to come, its not going to be the kind of record number that was achieved in 2008.

What say?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Mar 2011 6:26 am

Until the backlog is gone, I'd say it's still a waste of time. Or just an exercise in futility and a way to depress oneself even further with a rejection letter. It's more psychological than anything. Even if you know your chances are highly likely for a rejection because of the ground backlash, and you file anyway, you become rather depressed when the letter of rejection arrives. So why ask for it?

Some can't handle rejection very well. Witness the posts on this board...... :-|

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 26 Mar 2011 7:39 am

I will add to this when I was here these past two weeks. People I talk to said while they accept applications, if has been sift through twice for every application. No one knows for sure until the election has been conducted.
I know SMS said it will be mid year period, I am weighing more towards after Aug-Nov period.
BTW there will be alot of tweaking on the immigration laws.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

x9200

Postby x9200 » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 8:53 pm

Just for the record for the helping regulars: both parents PRs, Caucasians, male child, PR just approved in 4 months.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 9:19 pm

x9200 wrote:, male child,

After the local boy with his maid carrying his bag, I guess they figured they would need real men eventually and a male child ticks all the boxes! :cool: