Singapore Expats Forum

Is this right time to apply for PR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.

Is this the right time to apply for PR?

Yes, Go ahead!
17%
No, Wait another 3 months.
17%
Wait another year or more.
42%
You're not eligible yet.
25%

Total votes: 12

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 11:43 am

Deleted

x9200

Postby x9200 » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 11:46 am

okdone wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Native speaker (your mention, not mine)

This is your comment not mine:-
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Obviously English is not your first language.

You made one false assumption and 'been continuing to build up a story based on this for several posts already. I do not see in this comment anything on superiority/inferiority of someone based on the language. Just that you don't really understand what you put earlier to your signature.
...and I am not the native speaker neither.

okdone

Postby okdone » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:08 pm

x9200 wrote:You made one false assumption and 'been continuing to build up a story based on this for several posts already. I do not see in this comment anything on superiority/inferiority of someone based on the language.

Then what was the reason to mention "English is not your first language" in the first place? Doesn't it automatically implies that there is an advantage if you're English Native?

Me building a story?? please take a look at the conversation again, I had bee quite calm until someone decided to take me on ride for choice of a single word in a just casual quote which I heard from somewhere and just pasted it coz it meant something to me. I didn't know it is going to trigger the fit of outrage on few self obsessed braggarts.

x9200 wrote:Just that you don't really understand what you put earlier to your signature.
...and I am not the native speaker neither

The signature is changed with what I actually meant to say. If someone still cannot understand the plain English, it is his problem not mine. Idioms and phrases come out to different meaning at different places. Not all people understand the proverbs as such.

You might get yourself in such a situation at any English speaking country where a grammatically correct sentence in plain simple language might turn up with an alternate meaning.

By the way, what about all my explanation after that, did you read that? NO. One of them started some Lingual slandering, trying to prove me unproductive on the basis of "Language". So I reacted.
Do the Best, Sustain your performance and Talk Less.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:30 pm

:console:

okdone

Postby okdone » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:35 pm

[-X :evil:

:-({|= [-o< :-({|=

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Eau2011 » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:All that, still doesn't obviate the fact that your signature means one thing but you want it to means something else entirely different. Hope your comprehension of Spanish and Mandarin are better than your comprehension of English, Native speaker (your mention, not mine) or not, you are still wrong. Maybe that's why you are on still on a Q1 Pass?

Anyway, this is a useless conversation, as "you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" as the old saying goes, so good luck with your PR application. I feel you might need it.

Oh...SMS. Why are you always misunderstood by newbie....poor guy.

We all know that you are a such good guy. :console:

@Okdone, English is not my mother tongue, but definitely SMS's :mrgreen:
Last edited by Eau2011 on Wed, 02 Mar 2011 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Eau2011 » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:42 pm

okdone wrote: Now I am really amazed at how you've sustained in Singapore for so long, obsessed with your prejudices & crippled from understanding of any facts. You should voluntarily retire instead of wasting your and your employer's time & money.

:shock: :shock:
:???:

x9200

Postby x9200 » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 1:06 pm

A form of inferiority complex accompanied by sort of national pride which is generally a good thing but often leads to this kind of "misunderstanding" as oversensitivity to various subjects is involved.
SMS, you got him already almost to the point you wanted but still he did not called you the racists :cool:

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Eau2011 » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 1:21 pm

I would say:
1. "Show Up, Keep Up and Shut Up!!!" and "Do the Best, Sustain your performance and Talk Less" are two different attitudes.

2. SMS just wanted to tell you this clearly, and with the attitude "Show Up, Keep Up and Shut Up!!!" you probably waste your own and your employer's time.

3. "Obviously English is not your first language" is no offence meant, only to explain why you mixed two attitudes because English is not your first language. nothing bad.

4. with the attitude "Do the best, sustain your performance and talk less" you should try to apply for PR.

Peace to all... :girl:

okdone

Postby okdone » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 2:09 pm

Eau2011 wrote:I would say:
1. "Show Up, Keep Up and Shut Up!!!" ....

2. SMS just wanted to tell you this clearly, and with the attitude "Show Up, Keep Up and Shut Up!!!" you probably waste your own and your employer's time.

3. "Obviously English is not your first language" is no offence meant....

4. with the attitude "Do the best, sustain your performance and talk less" ....

Oh, now that you've clarified, I thank you for your dexterous perspective. I still wonder, why would SMS hire you, to elude his tinted stance with whitewashed arguments? In any case.... No Offense.

Peace to All. :D

Eau2011
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Eau2011 » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 2:34 pm

okdone wrote:
Eau2011 wrote:I would say:
1. "Show Up, Keep Up and Shut Up!!!" ....

3. "Obviously English is not your first language" is no offence meant....

4. with the attitude "Do the best, sustain your performance and talk less" ....

Oh, now that you've clarified, I thank you for your dexterous perspective. I still wonder, why would SMS hire you, to elude his tinted stance with whitewashed arguments? In any case.... No Offense.

Peace to All. :D

I was a newbie too, just one month in SG, well, still a newbie.

As an expat wife, I had no any clue about many things in SG, it was SMS, MS and many others who helped me in this forum and answered my questions. For me, SMS is so warm-hearted, always ready to help, wise. He earned my great respect. I think many would say so. If you have sticked for a while, you will see what kind of person he is.

That's why I can't stand to see you misunderstood him and started to say something.

But in the sentence "why would SMS hire you, to elude..." I see your personality. Even if someone just wants to show a good gesture, you are still oversensitive.

Forget what I said...I give up. Why should I bother... :???:

okdone

Postby okdone » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 2:44 pm

Eau2011 wrote:....it was SMS, MS and many others who helped me in this forum and answered my questions. For me, SMS is so warm-hearted, always ready to help, wise. He earned my great respect.....

But in the sentence "why would SMS hire you, to elude..." I see your personality. Even if someone just wants to show a good gesture, you are still oversensitive.

Forget what I said...I give up. Why should I bother... :???:

Please understand, your story doesn't apply to me. To you SMS might had been kind and deft to conceal his feelings and imitate a glorified soul. To me he spilled the beans at onset.

I apologize as my words hurt you. Good to know you're not hired but trying to help (perhaps a wrong person). Best of luck to you....

Peace.

:)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 3:09 pm

oknotquitedone,

For the record, none of us are "hired". Hired to do what? Or is this like your previous signature where it actually means something else? If you are referring to our presence on this board, no we are not employees here. None of the moderators are. We voluntarily donate untold hours to this board in the interests of helping others, if they want help........

You are up in the air, got your dander up, a bee in your bonnet or something, but if both Strong Eagle AND I both thought you were wrong, I might have been (I wasn't), but I guarantee Strong Eagle was not. The reality and the actuality of your comprehension of the English language are vastly different.

You just started out on the wrong foot. And seemingly are determined to keep hopping on one foot instead of realizing you may very well have been wrong!?! :o It wouldn't be the first time I'm sure, and I doubt seriously it will be the last. It would do you well to climb down off your perch as being overly sensitive and seeing boogiemen where there aren't any isn't doing you any good. Nobody has it in for you. You just don't seem to be able to take any criticism (although you have realized you were wrong and changed your signature).

okdone

Postby okdone » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 3:18 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:SMS,

For the record, none of us are "hired".

I thought you were wrong, I might have been (I wasn't), but I guarantee Strong Eagle was not.

The reality and the actuality of your comprehension of the English language are vastly different.

You just started out on the wrong foot. And seemingly are determined to keep hopping on one foot instead of realizing you may very well have been wrong!?!

You just don't seem to be able to take any criticism (although you have realized you were wrong and changed your stance).

^^
My same exact words for you. Please read them and "THINK".

And dear SMS,

As by now I've realized your insulation from any ramification in your commitment to Lingual bigotry and obsession with self-admiration, I cease to expect any sense of understanding from your squint, prejudiced acumen.

My choice of word could have triggered your fit of insanity, but all the length of explanation in plain language, wasn't able to make you understand. Perhaps it did to Strong Eagle.

But with your strong stance and in fact a sense of audacity over your prejudiced point of view, I give up..... I wouldn't expect you to understand anymore. Best of luck with yourself....

Peace
Last edited by okdone on Wed, 02 Mar 2011 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

okdone

Postby okdone » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 3:34 pm

And dear SMS,

As by now I've realized your insulation from any ramification in your commitment to Lingual bigotry and obsession with self-admiration, I cease to expect any sense of understanding from your squint, prejudiced acumen.

My choice of word could have triggered your fit of insanity, but all the length of explanation in plain language, wasn't able to make you understand. Perhaps it did to Strong Eagle.

But with your strong stance and in fact a sense of audacity over your prejudiced point of view, I give up..... I wouldn't expect you to understand anymore. Best of luck with yourself....

Peace